Worst case scenario - oil spill

The fact is whether or not we like it, the owner of the rig is responsible unless the lease agreement states otherwise. Just shouting about BP and blaming "big oil" because it somehow justifies an environmental position is not justice nor legal....

I've seen several reports that BP's insurance will pay for most of the damages. Why would they if BP wasn't liable?

I saw a report this morning with BP claiming they were not responsible..but in the same breath saying they would accept responsibility. If they are not responsible what sense is thier insurance or they agreeing publicly to pay for the damages?

At this point public relations is idiotic.

Well the real reason is PR.... Seriously, whether or not they are found liable or even know they are, they are going to PR their asses off right now...

You mean, BP or the administration?

WASHINGTON—Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Interior (DOI) Ken Salazar, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Lisa Jackson and Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu today met with BP CEO Tony Hayward and BP American Chairman and President Lamar McKay to discuss ongoing, coordinated response efforts and receive an update on BP’s spill mitigation plans for potentially affected Gulf Coast states.

Secretary Napolitano, Secretary Salazar and Administrator Jackson and other senior Administration officials requested an update on how BP plans to ensure an effective response in all potentially affected Gulf Coast states, including Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

The administration—including the DHS, DOI, the Departments of Defense and Commerce, and the Environmental Protection Agency—has launched and coordinated an all-hands-on-deck, relentless response to this crisis from day one in order to mitigate the spill’s impact on public health, the environment and the economy.

As President Obama has made clear, BP will be held accountable for the costs associated with this tragic event.

Sounds like Obama is passing the buck, and circling the wagons...LOL...Two paragraphs about, "BP’s spill mitigation plans" and "how BP plans to ensure an effective response" and "how BP will be held accountable."

vs

"The administration ....has launched and coordinated an all-hands-on-deck, relentless response to this crisis"

:lol::lol:

so BP is lying when they say they will pay for everything, and them being all over the news claiming they will pay for all the damages is a LIE on BP's part?

the dept of interior is responsible for the hike in insurance rates for the oil companies that could spill oil????????????????????????????????????

Care, are you being Oblique on purpose?

BP, Halliburton, Transocean, their insurers will pay.

Then everyone will increase their prices to cover the costs.

Then people in Bangor will pay more for heating oil.

And they will continue to pay taxes to support the Dept of Interior's Mission: Protecting America’s Great Outdoors and Powering Our Future.

I've seen several reports that BP's insurance will pay for most of the damages. Why would they if BP wasn't liable?

I saw a report this morning with BP claiming they were not responsible..but in the same breath saying they would accept responsibility. If they are not responsible what sense is thier insurance or they agreeing publicly to pay for the damages?

At this point public relations is idiotic.

Well the real reason is PR.... Seriously, whether or not they are found liable or even know they are, they are going to PR their asses off right now...

You mean, BP or the administration?

WASHINGTON—Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Interior (DOI) Ken Salazar, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Lisa Jackson and Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu today met with BP CEO Tony Hayward and BP American Chairman and President Lamar McKay to discuss ongoing, coordinated response efforts and receive an update on BP’s spill mitigation plans for potentially affected Gulf Coast states.

Secretary Napolitano, Secretary Salazar and Administrator Jackson and other senior Administration officials requested an update on how BP plans to ensure an effective response in all potentially affected Gulf Coast states, including Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

The administration—including the DHS, DOI, the Departments of Defense and Commerce, and the Environmental Protection Agency—has launched and coordinated an all-hands-on-deck, relentless response to this crisis from day one in order to mitigate the spill’s impact on public health, the environment and the economy.

As President Obama has made clear, BP will be held accountable for the costs associated with this tragic event.

Sounds like Obama is passing the buck, and circling the wagons...LOL...Two paragraphs about, "BP’s spill mitigation plans" and "how BP plans to ensure an effective response" and "how BP will be held accountable."

vs

"The administration ....has launched and coordinated an all-hands-on-deck, relentless response to this crisis"

:lol::lol:

Well as far as your question, I say BOTH..... Seriously, the little weasel just opened up more offshore drilling areas, and now this? HAHAHA! he is saving his ass now plain and simple... And he better if hes got any sense, or the same environMENTALISTS who backed him will be screaming for his head..... These people run on emotion, and as we have seen they do not think or reason when they are out to save an albatross... They hear OIL SPILL and go nuts...

I just can't help but think this accident had impeccable timing.... I mean cap and trade is next on the list and suddenly like from a bad movie script this happens..... I have had enough convenient coincidences now I think...

The best outcome for this catastrophe is for the general public to realize that the use of petroleum of is simpy unsustainable. Same for coal. The price is just too high.

How much of our nation can we trash before we realize that we are defecating in our own kitchen?

The alternatives for energy are already competative with coal, even with considering the external prices associated with the burning of coal. When you consider the cost to our land, to our children poisened with the mercury and lead emmissions from coal, the increase in asthma associated with coal, the alternatives are far cheaper than coal.

Petroleum can be replaced with electric vehicles, and vehicles that burn such products as bacterial, or algal, biodiesel.

When the full scope of the catastrophe in the Gulf becomes apparent, I believe the American Public will demand these changes.

The best outcome for this catastrophe is for the general public to realize that the use of petroleum of is simpy unsustainable. Same for coal. The price is just too high.

How much of our nation can we trash before we realize that we are defecating in our own kitchen?

The alternatives for energy are already competative with coal, even with considering the external prices associated with the burning of coal. When you consider the cost to our land, to our children poisened with the mercury and lead emmissions from coal, the increase in asthma associated with coal, the alternatives are far cheaper than coal.

Petroleum can be replaced with electric vehicles, and vehicles that burn such products as bacterial, or algal, biodiesel.

When the full scope of the catastrophe in the Gulf becomes apparent, I believe the American Public will demand these changes.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

I spent an entire thread showing the facts about all the so-called replacements that are even considered a possibility currently. The fact is none of them are a viable alternative right now and you and your propaganda cannot refute any of it....

Dude Stop lying!

:lol:.. Yes if Bush were President he certainly wouldn't be blamed.. after all.. Katrina was a natural disaster and he was blamed for that..

This is under Obama Regime Regulation and hardly natural..

No he wasn't. That's just what the right says because they'd rather not address Bush's obvious shortcomings in his response to the disaster.

:lol:.. Yes if Bush were President he certainly wouldn't be blamed.. after all.. Katrina was a natural disaster and he was blamed for that..

No he wasn't. That's just what the right says because they'd rather not address Bush's obvious shortcomings in his response to the disaster.

Oh look its the resident "I just happen to have a PHD in that" guy.... Or was it the resident "my daddy just happens to be one of those" guy?

HAHAHAHAHHHAAHA! Poser!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh look its the resident "I just happen to have a PHD in that" guy.... Or was it the resident "my daddy just happens to be one of those" guy?

care to address his point? regardless of what he has behind his name? :cool:

LOL! Is gslack still got his panties in a bunch over my choice of careers? I guess he's drug my father into it as well.

He knows I have him on IGNORE

After the way he trolled me across multiple threads for days, insulted me while making no sense in his responses, and then tried to lie about his credentials and education to bully his way through a debate???

He is a juvenile trying to pretend he wants debate. And even that is only so long as he can appear as the winner. When he fails he resorts to badgering, name-calling, lying, making false claims about what others post, and rambles on about topics he has no real understanding of. All the while he tries to claim a superior education or an enlightened position which he claims negates all others points, thoughts or facts brought forth...

You want me to address his point? Fair enough, but the next time he trolls, badgers, belittles, insults or confounds a thread with his ignorant nonsense I will expect some moderator to take exception to him as well......

Well junior went and cried to a mod.... So I was asked to address his point....

Hmmm. lets see here....

uhm no.... I address Bush's shortcomings quite a bit actually...

1. He was a tool elected because who his daddy was, who his friends are, and the fact he was a blank slate for the Neo-con think tank PNAC...

2. He looked idiotic at times and his responses when pressured made this all too clear.

3. He was incompetent and relied to heavily on his so-called friends.

Do I need to go on? nah I think thats good....

As far as the post he responded to?

Obama is the messiah and no one can blame the messiah even if he did open up new areas for offshore drilling recently..... yeah... Some messiah...

Hows that? Good?

SpidermanTuba, whiny little punk who cries to a mod when called on his BS......Whats next? Going tell your mommy on me?. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm. lets see here....

1. He was a tool elected because who his daddy was, who his friends are, and the fact he was a blank slate for the Neo-con think tank PNAC...

2. He looked idiotic at times and his responses when pressured made this all too clear.

Obama is the messiah and no one can blame the messiah even if he did open up new areas for offshore drilling recently..... yeah... Some messiah...

Hows that? Good?

SpidermanTuba, whiny little punk who cries to a mod when called on his BS......Whats next? Going tell your mommy on me?. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He didn't cry to a mod. I said that on my own. ~elvis.

Hmmm. lets see here....

Hows that? Good?

LOL! Gslack is a worthless turd, if I were you I'd just put the punk on ignore and get rid of him

Hmmm. lets see here....

Hows that? Good?

LOL! Gslack is a worthless turd, if I were you I'd just put the punk on ignore and get rid of him

Mods don't ignore posters and banning is a last resort on this website. ~elvis.

Hmmm. lets see here....

Hows that? Good?

Oh well then I can expect to see him get told about responding to the points I raised?????

Hmmm. lets see here....

Hows that? Good?

Oh well then I can expect to see him get told about responding to the points I raised?????

He can read them.

He can read them.

no you asked me to specifically respond to the points he raised. I did so and now, He sits on the side and spews insults like a twerp, and you say nothing to him...

Its only fair to ask the same consideration of him now....

Forum List

Back