Worst case scenario - oil spill

I meant that if Florida is trashed I won't care who pays for the clean up...because I don't think you can clean this up in a worst case scenario.

Right on. I thought you meant something else (was about to tear into you <G>).

Is that your professional astrophysicists position, or the professional enviro/maritime lawyer (your dad) position? or is there some other degree or higher education you are waiting to pull out of your ass now?

Wait let me guess.... You also happen to have a PHD in emergency management, and your sister is a licensed oil cleaner-upper/FEMA supervisor....

:lol::lol::lol:

Then there is that annoying smoking guy that is already sitting on your desk when you show up for the days activities in the oval office. He calmly explains some "truths" and how it really works and you are so stunned that you can't even speak...and when he puts his cigarrette out in the top of your desk right next to those other ciggy burns that no one seems to want to talk about ...and he walks out of yourr office...you finnaly "get it" and start thinking bout Michelle and the brats and all thosee hopey promissey shit ...well it just doesn't seem so ...well...practical...

okay so who is the smoking guy? Obama? Also who is the other guy? You?

I'm sorry but I don't get the vague metaphor or whatever it's supposed to be..... I suppose I lack the patience to interpret a Haiku right now so just forgo the artsy-fartsy stuff for a second and just say what you mean outright please...

UUUMMMMMmmm.... Sorry Slaker..I thought we already covered that.."I'm not your little bitch" thingy. Have another cup O cocoa and relax...you will figure it out eventually..EVERYONE does....:lol::lol::lol:

Then there is that annoying smoking guy that is already sitting on your desk when you show up for the days activities in the oval office. He calmly explains some "truths" and how it really works and you are so stunned that you can't even speak...and when he puts his cigarrette out in the top of your desk right next to those other ciggy burns that no one seems to want to talk about ...and he walks out of yourr office...you finnaly "get it" and start thinking bout Michelle and the brats and all thosee hopey promissey shit ...well it just doesn't seem so ...well...practical...

I'm sorry but I don't get the vague metaphor or whatever it's supposed to be..... I suppose I lack the patience to interpret a Haiku right now so just forgo the artsy-fartsy stuff for a second and just say what you mean outright please...

UUUMMMMMmmm.... Sorry Slaker..I thought we already covered that.."I'm not your little bitch" thingy. Have another cup O cocoa and relax...you will figure it out eventually..EVERYONE does....:lol::lol::lol:

Uhmm no we covered the fact YOU like to spout off facts and figures that YOU claim to be fact, but refuse to cite a source for those so-called facts. And when asked to do so you cry that YOU are not that persons bitch...

In short we have found you are a dickhead who likes to talk shit with nothing but shit to back it up. And since we have established this, we can assume your asinine Haiku (since you again refuse to clarify its meaning), is just one more example of you talking out your ass....

If its just some crap you threw up with no meaning than just say so and spare us the bullshit.....

Uhmm no we covered the fact YOU like to spout off facts and figures that YOU claim to be fact, but refuse to cite a source for those so-called facts. And when asked to do so you cry that YOU are not that persons bitch...

In short we have found you are a dickhead who likes to talk shit with nothing but shit to back it up. And since we have established this, we can assume your asinine Haiku (since you again refuse to clarify its meaning), is just one more example of you talking out your ass....

If its just some crap you threw up with no meaning than just say so and spare us the bullshit.....

So what we have here is one of those..."I'm used to getting it all MY WAY" people.....:lol::lol:How interesting, amusing and unfortunate....:lol::lol:

So what we have here is one of those..."I'm used to getting it all MY WAY" people.....:lol::lol:How interesting, amusing and unfortunate....:lol::lol:

Awww no ignorant and meaningless Haiku or artistic expression this time? Too bad, I was really hoping to have something else to make fun of you for...

Still no source for the number you pulled out of your ass and called fact either... There is a word for that, its called BULLSHIT! Just like your ignorant rambling over cigarettes in the oval office, and your refusal to back up your own claims....

Grow a pair, and that will enable you to cite a source once in while, instead of looking like a forum troll.....

If U.S. officials had followed up on a 1994 response plan for a major Gulf oil spill, it is possible that the spill could have been kept under control and far from land.

The problem: The federal government did not have a single fire boom on hand.

The "In-Situ Burn" plan produced by federal agencies in 1994 calls for responding to a major oil spill in the Gulf with the immediate use of fire booms.

But in order to conduct a successful test burn eight days after the Deepwater Horizon well began releasing massive amounts of oil into the Gulf, officials had to purchase one from a company in Illinois.

When federal officials called, Elastec/American Marine, shipped the only boom it had in stock, Jeff Bohleber, chief financial officer for Elastec, said today.

At federal officials' behest, the company began calling customers in other countries and asking if the U.S. government could borrow their fire booms for a few days, he said.

A single fire boom being towed by two boats can burn up to 1,800 barrels of oil an hour, Bohleber said. That translates to 75,000 gallons an hour, raising the possibility that the spill could have been contained at the accident scene 100 miles from shore.

"They said this was the tool of last resort. No, this is absolutely the asset of first use. Get in there and start burning oil before the spill gets out of hand," Bohleber said. "If they had six or seven of these systems in place when this happened and got out there and started burning, it would have significantly lessened the amount of oil that got loose."

In the days after the rig sank, U.S Coast Guard Rear Admiral Mary Landry said the government had all the assets it needed. She did not discuss why officials waited more than a week to conduct a test burn. (Watch video footage of the test burn.)

At the time, former National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration oil spill response coordinator Ron Gouguet -- who helped craft the 1994 plan -- told the Press-Register that officials had pre-approval for burning. "The whole reason the plan was created was so we could pull the trigger right away."

Gouguet speculated that burning could have captured 95 percent of the oil as it spilled from the well.

Bohleber said that his company was bringing several fire booms from South America, and he believed the National Response Center discovered that it had one in storage.

Each boom costs a few hundred thousand dollars, Bohleber said, declining to give a specific price.

Made of flame-retardant fabric, each boom has two pumps that push water through its 500-foot length. Two boats tow the U-shaped boom through an oil slick, gathering up about 75,000 gallons of oil at a time. That oil is dragged away from the larger spill, ignited and burns within an hour, he said.

The boom can be used as long as waves are below 3 feet, Bohleber said.

"Because of the complexity of the system and the obvious longer production time to build them, the emphasis is on obtaining and gathering the systems," he said.

Bohleber said his company has conducted numerous tests with the Coast Guard since 1993, and it is now training crews on the use of the boom so workers will be ready when they arrive.

"We're arranging for six to be shipped in. We keep running into delays. Hopefully, they will be here by Wednesday to be available for use on Thursday. Bear in mind, two days ago, we thought they would be here today."

Despite plan, not a single fire boom on hand on Gulf Coast at time of oil spill | al.com

:lol:

Awww no ignorant and meaningless Haiku or artistic expression this time? Too bad, I was really hoping to have something else to make fun of you for...

Still no source for the number you pulled out of your ass and called fact either... There is a word for that, its called BULLSHIT! Just like your ignorant rambling over cigarettes in the oval office, and your refusal to back up your own claims....

Grow a pair, and that will enable you to cite a source once in while, instead of looking like a forum troll.....

Look at you! In the deep end splashing around with those cute water wings on...quick somebody take a picture!!! Before he sinks outta sight:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:Aren't you just precious...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Lighting the Gulf of Mexico on fire above a gushing oil well would be retarded.

Aww look its the negging jerk who says "neg rep for lying" and doesn't say anything in the thread.... Nice to see you wuss.... Why not negg me some more now that we can all talk about it openly....

Look at you! In the deep end splashing around with those cute water wings on...quick somebody take a picture!!! Before he sinks outta sight:eek:

WOW! you are not very good at this are you..... okay I will help you this time... First if you are trying to be funny and insult people at the same time. it helps to make sure other people find you funny as well as your but buddy.... Remember relying on friends to tell you you're funny is always a mistake. They are your friends and will lie to make you feel good about yourself....

okay, in the meantime work on the homosexual overtones a bit... Too obvious and it creeped a bit..... kinda sounded like a public pool stalker for a second......

WOW! you are not very good at this are you..... okay I will help you this time... First if you are trying to be funny and insult people at the same time. it helps to make sure other people find you funny as well as your but buddy.... Remember relying on friends to tell you you're funny is always a mistake. They are your friends and will lie to make you feel good about yourself....

okay, in the meantime work on the homosexual overtones a bit... Too obvious and it creeped a bit..... kinda sounded like a public pool stalker for a second......

Oh-Oh!...Hit a touchy spot!:eek::eek:...Make note: Slacker has tendencies to transfer his un-natural fascination with children onto others..I won't bring it up again..I REALLY don't want to know about it.:eek:

Oh-Oh!...Hit a touchy spot!:eek::eek:...Make note: Slacker has tendencies to transfer his un-natural fascination with children onto others..I won't bring it up again..I REALLY don't want to know about it.:eek:

Hmmm more of the infatuation??? Dude seek help....

You are one of those guys hanging out at the public pools aren't you.... yeah you don't swim but you're always there arent ya......

Lighting the Gulf of Mexico on fire above a gushing oil well would be retarded.

Aww look its the negging jerk who says "neg rep for lying" and doesn't say anything in the thread.... Nice to see you wuss.... Why not negg me some more now that we can all talk about it openly....
Still crying? That's sad.

only one crying was you pansy.... All I am doing is calling you out for it... Whats wrong coward? you said I was lying so now you can back that up.... oh wait that right, it was in private like a coward..... Sorry for outing you man.....wuss

BP has begun work on a relief well that could be used to plug the massive oil leak in the gulf coast. The new drill site is about half a mile on the seabed from the leaking well beneath the Gulf of Mexico, and drilling is estimated to take some three months.

The company began work on the well early Sunday afternoon, but only announced that work had been begun Tuesday morning. The relief well also in 5,000 feet of water beneath the Gulf of Mexico, is planned to intercept the existing well around 13,000 feet below the seabed and permanently seal it.

A relief well is designed to intersect an existing well bore and pump heavy fluids and cement in to stop the leaking oil. BP has described it as the only way to definitively plug the oil leak.

"This is another key step in our work to permanently stop the loss of oil from the well," BP Group chief executive officer Tony Hayward said in a statement.

The well is being drilled by the ultra-deepwater semisubmersible rig Development Drill III, owned and operated by Transocean, the world's largest offshore drilling company.

While waiting for the relief well to be completed, response crews have been testing a new technique to break up the oil before it reaches the surface -- a remotely operated underwater vehicle dispensing sub-surface dispersant at a rate of nine gallons per minute -- with encouraging results so far.

According to a joint statement by BP, the NOAA and other government officials, nearly 3,000 gallons of subsea dispersants have already been applied, and scientists are monitoring the results to determine the feasibility of their continued use.

FOXNews.com - BP Begins Drilling Relief Well at Gulf Oil Spill

Forum List

Back