Would you go to work if you were not being paid?

Would you go to work if you were not being paid?

• Yes

• No

• What is this "work" thing you speak of

Results are only viewable after voting.
I work without pay...I coach high school golf...and I take no salary...its called volunteering.....and I do it for the kids and the game I love and because its fun....

Do you have a job that pays you a salary?

I work without pay...I coach high school golf...and I take no salary...its called volunteering.....and I do it for the kids and the game I love and because its fun....

I do a lot of volunteer work with the American Legion, I have never considered it work, two separate and distinct things...that is why they have different names.

Nope. In fact, I have been raising hell since they decided not to pay me my overtime over the summer.

I'm no longer willing to work for free.

Hard to pay for a car when one works for free. No way would I ever consider it. I'm not talking about volunteering at church and stuff. I'm talking about a job from an employer. Want me to stay one minute you pay me for that minute or I walk out the door.

Back in the day, we salaried “professional staffers “ were expected to put in a minimum of 40 hours.

Anything less, and you were not considered “team player “.

Back in the day, we salaried “professional staffers “ were expected to put in a minimum of 40 hours.

Anything less, and you were not considered “team player “.

Luckily things have changed these days. At least for us it is about work completed, not the amount of time you spend on the clock, of which we do not have one.

I do a lot of volunteer work with the American Legion, I have never considered it work, two separate and distinct things...that is why they have different names.
You can bow out if something comes up...I can't...I must be there on time and no excuses or the kids miss a class...see the difference?....

You can bow out if something comes up...I can't...I must be there on time and no excuses or the kids miss a class...see the difference?....

And you show up out of dedication to the kids, which I find an awesome trait.

In a different thread one of our members told me they would keep going to work even if they were no longer getting paid.

To me that sounds crazy, so I thought i would see if other agree with him.
I suppose we should define our terms.

Work is any type of labor and can be paid or unpaid.

I spend hours working in my gardens and around my home and I don't get paid for it but I do it because I enjoy it.

Forum List

Back