Would you go to work if you were not being paid?

Would you go to work if you were not being paid?

• Yes

• No

• What is this "work" thing you speak of

Results are only viewable after voting.
I suppose we should define our terms.

Work is any type of labor and can be paid or unpaid.

I spend hours working in my gardens and around my home and I don't get paid for it but I do it because I enjoy it.

I think the meaning was clear enough. We are talking about jobs.

They are the best bunch of kids...and they love to play golf...

Best of both words, teaching kids and golf. I do admire you doing that. I have far too many bad habits to teach golf to anyone! lol.

When my kids were still in school I did coach t-ball, B-ball, soccer and help with the X-country team.

I think the meaning was clear enough. We are talking about jobs.
Well you said work not job.

Maybe rephrasing the question would result in more clarity.

"Would you still do your job if your employer refused to pay you"? for example.

I suppose we should define our terms.

Work is any type of labor and can be paid or unpaid.

I spend hours working in my gardens and around my home and I don't get paid for it but I do it because I enjoy it.

So would you come work around my house and in my yard for free since you enjoy it so much?

Well you said work not job.

Maybe rephrasing the question would result in more clarity.

"Would you still do your job if your employer refused to pay you"? for example.

Good suggestions, but too late to make edits

So would you come work around my house and in my yard for free since you enjoy it so much?
Why would I?

I don;t know where you live.

But I do take my neighbor's trash to the dump for her for free even though I do not enjoy it

Best of both words, teaching kids and golf. I do admire you doing that. I have far too many bad habits to teach golf to anyone! lol.

When my kids were still in school I did coach t-ball, B-ball, soccer and help with the X-country team.
The spring season is coming up and assistant coaches are needed all over the nation...covid weary kids are turning to golf because its not a contact sport so teams are not struggling to find interested kids...coaches are harder to find...

The spring season is coming up and assistant coaches are needed all over the nation...covid weary kids are turning to golf because its not a contact sport so teams are not struggling to find interested kids...coaches are harder to find...

I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

In a different thread one of our members told me they would keep going to work even if they were no longer getting paid.

To me that sounds crazy, so I thought i would see if other agree with him.
Living paycheck to paycheck, absolutely not.

Running my own business, what choice would I have?

Something I love and I already made bank? Fuck yeah.

Something I love and I am financially unstable? No.

Money first. Financial stability first. Financial independence first. Self reliance first.

It is very important to outline these things when evil titans fight to control and distort your life. I will serve no other mans business for free and at the peril of my own financial stability. What is sad is that this needs to be mentioned at all because it should be inherent in all men. Unfortunately cominits have made this necessary.

My enemies will do anything to force me to rely on others and make me look interdependent rather than independent and self reliant. Even if it isnt true, because, their hollow life is a cheap show and the way things look plays a critical role in how they can play their social olympics.

Obversely I guess you could say that by looking at the above statements, you could probably assume that I would be the sort of employer that would always pay his employees and never once ask them to work for free, and youd be right, I am that guy that would always pay his people.

Last edited:
Definite no.
But working in construction, everyone I know is always trying to get me to do shit on their house for free.
I always wondered if doctors and lawyers get asked for free service from their friends?
A guy I knew who provided professional eyecare service once quipped, "I expect my friends to pay more."

Forum List

Back