Would you support appointing George Washington to the Supreme Court?

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
Donald recently complained that Democrats would oppose putting George Washington on the Supreme Court. And I think that, for once, he's right. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that all of the founders would have also opposed putting him on the court. George Washington was not a lawyer or a judge. He was a career military man. He was an administrator and leader, but he was not a jurist. He not have been even remotely qualified.

If Donald nominates George Washington in lieu of Kavanaugh, then Democrats and Republicans should vote against him.

Donald recently complained that Democrats would oppose putting George Washington on the Supreme Court. And I think that, for once, he's right. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that all of the founders would have also opposed putting him on the court. George Washington was not a lawyer or a judge. He was a career military man. He was an administrator and leader, but he was not a jurist. He not have been even remotely qualified.

If Donald nominates George Washington in lieu of Kavanaugh, then Democrats and Republicans should vote against him.

It was a statement concerning character, not qualification.

The Dems would back any liberal Judge. That's all you need to be to have them back you.

A Liberal/Progressive who has no problem tossing the Constitution out the window.

Considering that the left wing scum are going to get everything named Washington or Jefferson or columbus eradicated from our history, I would say he was spot on.

Yet again.

Liberals still pissed about the economy doing great?

Yeap

Considering our SC has been an activist circle jerk for generations, maybe being a judge shouldnt be a qualification. Maybe it should just be objective people with reading and reasoning skills. Honest people.
Not ideological hacks.

What does Trump know about character?

There have been a few Justices who were not judges.
In fact, isnt Kagan one of them?

Last edited:
Considering our SC has been an activist circle jerk for generations, maybe being a judge shouldnt be a qualification. Maybe it should just be objective people with reading and reasoning skills. Honest people.
Not ideological hacks.
The Supreme Court has been conservative for generations

What does Trump know about character?

More than you, obviously.

Not ideological hacks.
The Supreme Court has been conservative for generations
Who gives a shit what side of the aisle someone is on? They should be impartial, period.

Not ideological hacks.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I think what you're suggesting would only lead add to the problem. The selection and approval process is what determines the objectivity, or lack thereof, of its members.

What I have been able to learn in recent times is that the practice of law isn't simply about reasoning skills. It's about legal reasoning. Logic may be at the core of it--the engine of the machine, if you will. But in many ways it's also just the beginning. It's like computer programming. Logic is also at the core and is the engine that powers all programming. But having good reasoning skills doesn't begin to qualify you to be a computer programmer. Neither is it sufficient to allow someone to be a judge.

Depends. What kind of fee are we talking to hire the necromancer?

Yes....I also support appointing eight other dead people to USSC.....Then we can finish the job by requiring that all occupants of all other political positions across the nation be dead too.

Problems solved!

Forum List

Back