WWE Smackdown. Really?

Those rollerblading competitions sucked. Boring and third rate productions.

You canā€™t name one woman on the thunderbirds that anyone will know
I don't know any of them either. I was about 9 years old when that show was on.
So...why the butthurt because I think WWE is stupid?

Now that I think about it, this blows up the myth of how we were supposedly so intolerant. EVERYONE knew that the 300 pound enforcers on those roller derby squads were bull dykes. No one cared, hell, that was part of the fun.

They used to have roller derby on UHF when I was young, Channel 52, Corona.
Can you imagine if it was flaming gay guys doing roller derby? Thatā€™d be funny

Those were popular back then too.

iu
My family didnā€™t know he was gay. Can you believe that?

No.

Everyone knew - some may have lied, but everyone knew.

Jack Benny too.

Anyone remember the Thunderbirds roller skaters? All women, knocking each other about, etc. I loved watching that, lol. WWE was just...stupid.

Now that I think about it, this blows up the myth of how we were supposedly so intolerant. EVERYONE knew that the 300 pound enforcers on those roller derby squads were bull dykes. No one cared, hell, that was part of the fun.

Can you imagine if it was flaming gay guys doing roller derby? Thatā€™d be funny

Those were popular back then too.

iu

Mr Brady and Cary Grant had to hide it.

Well they would still have to hide it today. No ones casting a known gay guy as the father in a sitcom.

Thatā€™s because it got cancelled when you were 9. That means it sucked. You were just a baby.

Iā€™m just glad someoneā€™s talking wwe with me during commercials. I caught up on the dvr.
How old are you? 12?
Shhh vine balor is fighting Kevin Owens
Um...I don't care. Obviously you do. If you aren't 12 years old, then you must be one of those goofy rednecks in the audience with spittle all over his face yelling at the guys doing acrobats in the ring with blood capsules to make y'all go even more bonkers. Amirite?
No. I donā€™t get into it on that level. I know itā€™s fake I just like the acrobatics, storylines, characters, plots, twists, drama and pretty people.

My favorite part is when they come out and talk shit. Itā€™s a talent not all of them have. Ronda rousey is not ready to go out and talk on the mic.

When I was a kid, I used to watch Stampede Wrestling out of Calgary. That was before WWE took off. They would show it on TV on Saturday mornings. It was where Brett "the Hitman" Hart came from. And it was great! I loved it. They used to tour through western Canada. When I got into college, they would come to Saskatoon, and my friends would go and cheer for all the bad guys. Of course, the refs were often "corrupt." So when the ref would catch the bad guy doing something bad, the bad guy would point to my friends and say to the ref "I didn't do anything wrong. Ask them." My friends would tell the ref "No, he didn't anything wrong at all." The crowd would go bananas and the match would keep going.

Good times.

Anyone remember the Thunderbirds roller skaters? All women, knocking each other about, etc. I loved watching that, lol. WWE was just...stupid.

Skinny Minnie ...

Forum List

Back