Yahoo "news" says "president hopes meeting will get Xi Jinping to 'lower his guard""

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
stupidmoonbat.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I just have to ask the small handful of you liberals who are lucid enough to have not been blocked by me so far....

Do any of you "think" the Chinese are "on guard"? Has it occurred to anyone else that the Chinese are not "on guard"? It doesn't seem like rag tag gaggles of islamic sociopaths with access to mortars and RPG's in Libya are even "on guard" enough not to murder our ambassadors, nor are tin hatted despots barely clinging to power against rebels Syria "on guard" against some menacing "threat" from our moonbat messiah.

I couldn't even be bothered to read the article, because the caption was so insipid....

The Chinese have a military entirely focused on defeating US, their only significant enemy.

They're not "on guard", they're sharpening their spears and getting ready to charge.

At least obozo didn't bow this time, at least not in front of the camera.

The only good thing Obama could do is to PUNCH Xi Jinping in the face. I'd cheer him on!

The Chinese have a military entirely focused on defeating US, their only significant enemy.

Are you high?

Actually I'm really quite drunk right now. Are you stupid? You never seem to recover from your condition. I'll sober up in the morning, but you'll still believe the Chinese aren't our primary foe in the world tomorrow.

China Preparing For Future Fight With US

While We Sleep The Chinese Prepare For War | Top Secret Writers

LIGNET: New Pentagon Report Shows China Preparing for War

Oh, and this bed wetter "thinks" it's our fault....

Washington Is Preparing for a Long War With China - Stephen Glain (usnews.com)

Last edited:
The only good thing Obama could do is to PUNCH Xi Jinping in the face. I'd cheer him on!

Good luck with that. At best the moonbat messiah took a Chinese protein shot in the throat behind closed doors.

You know he gulped it down and asked for seconds.

Are you high?

Actually I'm really quite drunk right now. Are you stupid? You never seem to recover from your condition. I'll sober up in the morning, but you'll still believe the Chinese aren't our primary foe in the world tomorrow.

Your first link had nothing but speculation, and no references to where they came up with that information. Your second link... well... was from a site called Topsecretwriters. :cuckoo: Your third link is one paragraph long and specifically says that the US DoD is trying to build trust and manage potential friction over the situation in Taiwan. Your fourth link is a guy trying to sell his book. Anything substantial?

Good luck with that. At best the moonbat messiah took a Chinese protein shot in the throat behind closed doors.

You know he gulped it down and asked for seconds.

Most likely...He could earn some of my respect if he whaled on the bastard...We both know he won't but if he did I'd root for him!

Last edited:
Obama thinks any problem can be solved just by talking. Why would the Chinese, or anyone, believe a damn thing Obama says these days? Will Obama take a teleprompter into the meeting?

Are you high?

Your first link had nothing but speculation, and no references to where they came up with that information. Your second link... well... was from a site called Topsecretwriters. :cuckoo: Your third link is one paragraph long and specifically says that the US DoD is trying to build trust and manage potential friction over the situation in Taiwan. Your fourth link is a guy trying to sell his book. Anything substantial?

Well of course it's nothing you'll ever validate, but you and your ilk will shove hit pieces from NYT editorials and opinion pieces of shit from HuffPo as if they're gospel right?

Well of course it's nothing you'll ever validate, but you and your ilk will shove hit pieces from NYT editorials and opinion pieces of shit from HuffPo as if they're gospel right?

Yeah, I must be a liberal, since I don't live in the 80s and fear "Red China". :cuckoo:

Obama will be kissing Xi's ass the entire time. Hell...he'll probably apologize to him for making it hard for them to steal the info in the first place.

Are you high?

These folks know nothing about history.

Absolutely nothing. Zip. Zilch.

China's got good reason to be wary of the US. When the US had the chance, it got it's imperialistic hooks on Shanghai and got the citizens hooked on Opium.

These rubes probably don't even know that.

The Chinese have already dismissed obama as being inconsequential. obama will be given basic courtesy and then ignored.

Are you high?

China's got good reason to be wary of the US. When the US had the chance, it got it's imperialistic hooks on Shanghai and got the citizens hooked on Opium.

You obviously don't! That would be the British.

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/empire/opiumwars/opiumwars1.html

Last edited:

Are you high?

Speaking of history, a bunch of US flyers helped fight off the Japanese occupation of China. See the Flying Tigers.

obama is going to get zilch from China. Nothing, not a concession, not an agreement. China knows that they are dealing with a very weak creature who has abandoned his job in favor of self protection.

Stanton fears hacking, South China Sea claims gonna put Taiwan on the back burner...

ANALYSIS: Hacking, maritime claims overshadow Xi’s US visit
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 - ‘VENUE FOR NEGOTIATION’: Peking University expert on US-China relations Zhu Feng said that it is important for both sides to make concessions for improved relations
As Chinese President Xi Jinping makes his first state visit to Washington this week, the outlook for relations is decidedly murkier than when he hosted US President Barack Obama at their previous summit less than a year ago. Tensions are rising over allegations of Beijing-directed cyberattacks on the US and China’s moves to assert its South China Sea territorial claims. Much of the American public sees China as an economic threat and criticisms are rising over a sweeping crackdown on civil rights. “US suspicions regarding Chinese intentions are growing,” Princeton University professor of politics and international affairs Aaron Friedberg said. “The atmosphere surrounding this summit may be more negative than any in the post-Tiananmen period,” Friedberg added, referring to China’s bloody crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in 1989, known as the Tiananmen Square Massacre, which marked a nadir in relations.

At the same time, belief in China’s inexorable rise has been shaken by a stock market plunge and an economic slowdown that have sent shockwaves through global markets. Last month’s catastrophic chemical warehouse explosion in Tianjin — a city just east of Beijing — that killed 173 people have also underscored concerns about corruption and incompetence, increasing doubts about the viability of China’s model of authoritarian governance. Circumstances were different when the two leaders met in November last year at an Asia-Pacific summit in Beijing. Then, they could point to a much-heralded consensus on climate change, while China had just recently taken part in the premier US naval exercise in the Pacific and appeared to be assuming greater responsibility for the global commons.

Not all is gloomy. Beijing and Washington have found common cause in restraining Iran and North Korea’s nuclear ambitions, even if China has been unable to restart six-nation talks with Pyongyang. “We should actually take a closer look at any kind of possible cooperation, to leverage our resources and to do the utmost,” Xi’s chief foreign policy adviser, Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, said in a recent interview with the China Daily newspaper.

In Washington, meaningful discussions are expected on trade, North Korea and Iran. US officials say they have little hope for major breakthroughs on the tough issues bedeviling ties, but that there might be conciliatory gestures, such as restarting dialogue on cybersecurity and a pact on avoiding unintended incidents between military aircraft. “To me, the most important thing about the meeting is that it is an acknowledgment of the importance of the relationship,” University of Virginia professor of foreign affairs and China expert Brantly Womack said.

‘LIGHTSABER POSES’

See also:

US has been ignoring Taiwan: Stanton
Sun, Sep 20, 2015 - SYMPOSIUM SPEECH: The former AIT director turned academic said that he believed Washington’s policy toward China has often been ‘proved wrong’ in recent years
The biggest failure of US President Barack Obama administration’s policy toward China was “ignoring and underestimating Taiwan,” former American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) director William Stanton told a Taipei symposium yesterday. “The US policy toward China has been pretty consistent since 1972, but it does not mean our policies have been correct or successful,” said Stanton, who is now director of the Center for Asia Policy at National Tsing Hua University. “In my view, US policy is often proved wrong with regard to China, and by ‘wrong’ I mean they failed to promote US interests or to achieve US goals,” he said.

In his speech, titled “US policy toward Xi Jinping’s China,” Stanton said that the Cold War geostrategic argument that the US should cooperate with China to counterbalance a possible Sino-Soviet alliance was “proved wrong” by the continuing strengthening of Sino-Russian partnership on both military and diplomatic fronts. “In the absence of shared values, geostrategic partnerships are inherently unstable,” Stanton said. “You can have a geostrategic relationship between the US and the United Kingdom, maybe, which are two democracies. But do not depend on it if [the potential partner is] a communist autocracy and [you are] a democracy,” he added.

P01-150920-p1B.jpg

Former American Institute in Taiwan director William Stanton yesterday speaks to reporters at a forum in Taipei on cross-strait relations and peace in the Asia-Pacific.

Another argument that calls for cooperation with China in order to resolve regional and global problems “has been largely illusory when you search for concrete positive outcomes from a US perspective” due to China’s size, power and status as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, Stanton said. The economic argument, which expects increased trade with China and states that continuing improvement in the Chinese economy would facilitate political change, has started to be called into question, he said.

The assumption that the US economy has benefited from trade with China has also been rebuffed by studies, he added. “Another US policy error from the start was ignoring Taiwan’s interests and underestimating its potential,” he said. “If Washington policymakers in 1972 had foreseen [Taiwan’s evolution into a vibrant democracy and robust economy], perhaps they would not have written off Taiwan so easily, just as no one would have ever thought of abandoning Australia,” he said. “A lack of knowledge about and understanding of Taiwan continues. Some of our key policymakers on China under the Obama administration have never even visited Taiwan, or visited it rarely, meeting with junior officials and academics,” Stanton said.

MORE

Stanton fears hacking, South China Sea claims gonna put Taiwan on the back burner...

ANALYSIS: Hacking, maritime claims overshadow Xi’s US visit
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 - ‘VENUE FOR NEGOTIATION’: Peking University expert on US-China relations Zhu Feng said that it is important for both sides to make concessions for improved relations
As Chinese President Xi Jinping makes his first state visit to Washington this week, the outlook for relations is decidedly murkier than when he hosted US President Barack Obama at their previous summit less than a year ago. Tensions are rising over allegations of Beijing-directed cyberattacks on the US and China’s moves to assert its South China Sea territorial claims. Much of the American public sees China as an economic threat and criticisms are rising over a sweeping crackdown on civil rights. “US suspicions regarding Chinese intentions are growing,” Princeton University professor of politics and international affairs Aaron Friedberg said. “The atmosphere surrounding this summit may be more negative than any in the post-Tiananmen period,” Friedberg added, referring to China’s bloody crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in 1989, known as the Tiananmen Square Massacre, which marked a nadir in relations.

At the same time, belief in China’s inexorable rise has been shaken by a stock market plunge and an economic slowdown that have sent shockwaves through global markets. Last month’s catastrophic chemical warehouse explosion in Tianjin — a city just east of Beijing — that killed 173 people have also underscored concerns about corruption and incompetence, increasing doubts about the viability of China’s model of authoritarian governance. Circumstances were different when the two leaders met in November last year at an Asia-Pacific summit in Beijing. Then, they could point to a much-heralded consensus on climate change, while China had just recently taken part in the premier US naval exercise in the Pacific and appeared to be assuming greater responsibility for the global commons.

Not all is gloomy. Beijing and Washington have found common cause in restraining Iran and North Korea’s nuclear ambitions, even if China has been unable to restart six-nation talks with Pyongyang. “We should actually take a closer look at any kind of possible cooperation, to leverage our resources and to do the utmost,” Xi’s chief foreign policy adviser, Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, said in a recent interview with the China Daily newspaper.

In Washington, meaningful discussions are expected on trade, North Korea and Iran. US officials say they have little hope for major breakthroughs on the tough issues bedeviling ties, but that there might be conciliatory gestures, such as restarting dialogue on cybersecurity and a pact on avoiding unintended incidents between military aircraft. “To me, the most important thing about the meeting is that it is an acknowledgment of the importance of the relationship,” University of Virginia professor of foreign affairs and China expert Brantly Womack said.

‘LIGHTSABER POSES’

See also:

US has been ignoring Taiwan: Stanton
Sun, Sep 20, 2015 - SYMPOSIUM SPEECH: The former AIT director turned academic said that he believed Washington’s policy toward China has often been ‘proved wrong’ in recent years
The biggest failure of US President Barack Obama administration’s policy toward China was “ignoring and underestimating Taiwan,” former American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) director William Stanton told a Taipei symposium yesterday. “The US policy toward China has been pretty consistent since 1972, but it does not mean our policies have been correct or successful,” said Stanton, who is now director of the Center for Asia Policy at National Tsing Hua University. “In my view, US policy is often proved wrong with regard to China, and by ‘wrong’ I mean they failed to promote US interests or to achieve US goals,” he said.

In his speech, titled “US policy toward Xi Jinping’s China,” Stanton said that the Cold War geostrategic argument that the US should cooperate with China to counterbalance a possible Sino-Soviet alliance was “proved wrong” by the continuing strengthening of Sino-Russian partnership on both military and diplomatic fronts. “In the absence of shared values, geostrategic partnerships are inherently unstable,” Stanton said. “You can have a geostrategic relationship between the US and the United Kingdom, maybe, which are two democracies. But do not depend on it if [the potential partner is] a communist autocracy and [you are] a democracy,” he added.

P01-150920-p1B.jpg

Former American Institute in Taiwan director William Stanton yesterday speaks to reporters at a forum in Taipei on cross-strait relations and peace in the Asia-Pacific.

Another argument that calls for cooperation with China in order to resolve regional and global problems “has been largely illusory when you search for concrete positive outcomes from a US perspective” due to China’s size, power and status as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, Stanton said. The economic argument, which expects increased trade with China and states that continuing improvement in the Chinese economy would facilitate political change, has started to be called into question, he said.

The assumption that the US economy has benefited from trade with China has also been rebuffed by studies, he added. “Another US policy error from the start was ignoring Taiwan’s interests and underestimating its potential,” he said. “If Washington policymakers in 1972 had foreseen [Taiwan’s evolution into a vibrant democracy and robust economy], perhaps they would not have written off Taiwan so easily, just as no one would have ever thought of abandoning Australia,” he said. “A lack of knowledge about and understanding of Taiwan continues. Some of our key policymakers on China under the Obama administration have never even visited Taiwan, or visited it rarely, meeting with junior officials and academics,” Stanton said.

MORE
I wonder if Obama will have his gay and transgender props for these meetings too. :lol:

The meat muppet show is directed by Valerie Jarrett who has her hand up his ass. It's bigger than any of the cocks bath house barry has ever enjoyed. He snaps to attention when ever a pinko cause needs him thanks to that vile thing.

It's almost hysterical that the chi-coms and muzbots generally revile butt piracy, they kill them publicly. Here we are though with an oxygen thief pole smoker for a "POTUS" watching the world shit the bed and on the brink of another global war.

We have to acknowledge that the "powers that be" see lower class humans as a resource that needs to be culled from time to time. There is no way we could have a more insipid presidency since Woodrow Wilson unless leftist billionaires decide to fund a Joe Biden. Obozo has been such a complete disaster that even incompetent RINOs in congress can barely keep him in check.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back