Yates smacks down the campaigning Cruz....

Well child if you actually read the rulings all they said was the plaintiffs might have a chance to prevail at trial. And remanded the cases back to the trial courts. From what I saw at the 4th circuit I doubt they will hold the same opinion. The 9th will be hearing the case again en banc meaning at least 7 judges will hear it. God only know what they'll do. I'd say considering they are the most overturned appellate court they'll probably sustain the stay. If the two differ it will go to SCOTUS. I think that will result in a 7-2 decision in Trumps favor. And Yates will have egg on her face. Let's see how good a prognosticator I am.

BTW the only appellate court to have heard it so far and rendered a decision was a 3 judge panel form the 9th. Like I said they are looking at the Hawaii case en banc, I think on Thursday.

If there were no legal issues, they couldn't have blocked the EO. That's OK. You're a crazy Trump supporter. Facts will never be part of your reality. Believe what you want.

Yet you have yet to produce an order that addressed the presidents authority to issue that EO, you know the constitutional elements and statutes giving him the authority to do so. Go figure.

Now run along and we'll see how it turns out.

That's the same dumb argument that Ted Cruz tried, but here is where she made him look like a fool for trying that.

Wow 4 minutes of a 7 minute questioning session, what did you leave out?

I didn't leave out the part that shot down your argument. You're free to watch the whole thing on Youtube, if you like.

You saw what you wanted to see, you shot down nothing. We'll know soon enough how it will turn out. I'm not going to argue the same points over and over. But I'll be happy to come back and point out I told you so when the order is upheld and you can feel free to do the same in the unlikely case that I'm wrong.

Sally Yates Makes Ted Cruz Look Like A Fool And Crushes The Republican Defense Of Trump
By Sarah Jones on Mon, May 8th, 2017 at 5:07 pm

During the Sally Yates hearing on Monday, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz tried to best Sally Yates with the law, only to be humiliated by her legal knowledge.

Sally Yates Makes Ted Cruz Look Like A Fool And Crushes The Republican Defense Of Trump

More lies, the dumb broad admitted she ignored the 4 corners doctrine and inserted her personal hackery. She has no legal or constitutional authority to confer constitutional rights on foreign nationals who have never set foot on US soil. Also the plaintiffs attorney, in oral arguments before the 4th circuit, admitted that the order would be legal and constitutional if it were issued by any other president. The 4th circuit won't ignore the 4 corners doctrine and will uphold the order. Then miss Yates will be eating a well deserved large portion of crow.

Dumb broad? She handled herself quite well. She has every right to make a judgement as to whether it will hold up in court. Usually the Justice Department helps write the executive order However in this case non-lawyers like Steve Bannon wrote the order. Also worth noting that Yates only passed judgement on the original order which was struck down by Republican and Democrat judges in a 3-0 vote.

OLC, at justice, approved the order on legality, Yates decided to overrule them, for the first time in US history as Cruz pointed out. Evidently you are clueless as to what the 4 corners doctrine is. Lawyers and judges are only suppose to consider what's within the 4 corners of the page, nothing else. Not one judge has, at this point, rendered a judgment on the legal merit of the EO. They have simply stayed it's implementation until it is heard at trial. The ACLU attorney was sputtering and stammering before the 4th circuit and admitted that the EO would be legal if issued by anyone but Trump. So what you're rooting for is an unequal application of the law and that was the standard used by the dumb broad Yates. What will you be saying when the higher courts uphold the order?

Link?

ALSO a former Repub OLC (Bybee & Yu [GWBush Admin]) approved torture in our name. Your point? :eusa_eh:

Torture Memos - Wikipedia

During the Sally Yates hearing on Monday, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz tried to best Sally Yates with the law, only to be humiliated by her legal knowledge.

More lies, the dumb broad admitted she ignored the 4 corners doctrine and inserted her personal hackery. She has no legal or constitutional authority to confer constitutional rights on foreign nationals who have never set foot on US soil. Also the plaintiffs attorney, in oral arguments before the 4th circuit, admitted that the order would be legal and constitutional if it were issued by any other president. The 4th circuit won't ignore the 4 corners doctrine and will uphold the order. Then miss Yates will be eating a well deserved large portion of crow.

Dumb broad? She handled herself quite well. She has every right to make a judgement as to whether it will hold up in court. Usually the Justice Department helps write the executive order However in this case non-lawyers like Steve Bannon wrote the order. Also worth noting that Yates only passed judgement on the original order which was struck down by Republican and Democrat judges in a 3-0 vote.

OLC, at justice, approved the order on legality, Yates decided to overrule them, for the first time in US history as Cruz pointed out. Evidently you are clueless as to what the 4 corners doctrine is. Lawyers and judges are only suppose to consider what's within the 4 corners of the page, nothing else. Not one judge has, at this point, rendered a judgment on the legal merit of the EO. They have simply stayed it's implementation until it is heard at trial. The ACLU attorney was sputtering and stammering before the 4th circuit and admitted that the EO would be legal if issued by anyone but Trump. So what you're rooting for is an unequal application of the law and that was the standard used by the dumb broad Yates. What will you be saying when the higher courts uphold the order?

Link?

ALSO a former Repub OLC (Bybee & Yu [GWBush Admin]) approved torture in our name. Your point? :eusa_eh:

That was so gay even fags would call you gay for saying that.

Link?

Link to what, I covered a lot in that post.

Forum List

Back