Yellen rules out bailout for Silicon Valley Bank: "not going to do that again"/Greg Becker, SVB CEO, sold $3.5 million in stock 2weeks before collapse

I just read that they are making good on all deposits at the bank. Extending the insurance to cover all of the money people had in the bank.

In all honesty they had to. Failure to do so would likely cause a run on every bank this week. Worse the small businesses would likely end up filing bankruptcy. So they had to cover all the deposits.

No word on investors. I suspect they won’t get bailed out.

You mean the bill that had bi-partisan support?

So why didn’t Biden immediately enact more regulations in 2020?

Could it be….because you are full of shit and just want to blame President Trump for the failings of Biden’s Fed?
50-50 Senate, with heavy use of the filibuster by Moscow Mitch.

Maybe you're forgetting that was Bush and Henry Paulson, not Obama. Or maybe you're just another dishonest Republican.

It continued all through the Obama administration also............all through the Trump administration also.

It continued all through the Obama administration also............all through the Trump administration also.
It was designed and put into play by Bush, a month or so before Obama took office. The country was crashing. No incoming president was going to say "hold it, I'm scrapping this plan and will come out with my own soon". The country needed continuity and saving, not divided politics.

C'mon, you're a smart guy. You know this already.

It was designed and put into play by Bush, a month or so before Obama took office. The country was crashing. No incoming president was going to say "hold it, I'm scrapping this plan and will come out with my own soon". The country needed continuity and saving, not divided politics.

C'mon, you're a smart guy. You know this already.

Do you recall it all falling apart and Obama leaving the campaign trail to go back to help save it?

You're hilarious!

No. But I do remember McCain suspending his campaign, canceling the debate, and returning to Washington only to find he wasn’t wanted, so he returned to the campaign and declared the debate back on.

McCain only went back because Obama went first. I'm thinking you do remember.

Forum List

Back