Yet Another Security Oversight...

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
I say, "Fire them all! Hire a private security firm!"

Bogus Congressman Said to Get Backstage at Obama Event - Bloomberg

An unidentified man posing as a member of Congress made it into a secure area backstage at President Barack Obama’s appearance at a Congressional Black Caucus Foundation awards dinner in Washington Sept. 27, according to a White House official.

The man entered the backstage area during or just after Obama’s speech at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center as members of Congress gathered there to have their pictures taken with the president, said the official, who asked for anonymity to discuss the incident, which has not previously been made public.

It followed presidential security breaches that included a fence-jumper bursting into the White House on Sept. 19 and an armed ex-convict riding in an elevator with Obama in Atlanta a few days before that. Julia Pierson resigned Oct. 1 as director of the Secret Service amid pressure from members of Congress who had lost faith in her ability to protect the president.

Wow.

Could be it's just me, but it sure seems like a lot of uninvited folks have been sneaking past security checkpoints lately to get frighteningly close to the president.

If I didn't know better, I might be prone to think that the prez's arrogance has ruffled a few too many feathers among those who are sworn to protect him.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
This is the POTUS. Imagine how one might feel as a visiting dignitary from a particularly volatile part of the globe.

And you know if something happens to him, the Tea Party will be blamed. Call me a pessimist, but I can think of certain groups who wouldn't mind using that for political gain. Gee...

Notwithstanding that I vehemently dislike what he is doing, I do NOT want any violent attack on his person to succeed. God forbid we should be stuck with Joe Biden as our CiC for any length of time at all. There's little to be gained by Obama's becoming a martyr. Let him live out the rest of his corruption filled term and join the Reverends Jesse and Al in their efforts to incite racial tension and hatred amongst the people.

i read up on the new head of SS and imo, he is going to clean house and run a tight ship.

hopefully these glaring failures by the SS will end. not only does it make us look bad, i don't want any harm to come to a president.

Forum List

Back