You Ever Tell A Little White Lie?

Sounds like that means habitual liars or people who dedicate themselves or purpose themselves to lie ordinarily as an OK practice.

exactly, "sorcerers, idolators - and all those who love and practice deceit."

Sorcery, (mind control), and idolatry, (worshiping false gods), are entirely about practicing deception. The subject is not about telling a white lie or even a big one in certain situations. For instance the bible clearly shows that deception is an acceptable tactic during persecution and war. And the penalty, exclusion from the city of God, is not about being burned and tortured forever. It means that there will never be a time when such deceptive practices will result in anything other than confusion.

Have a conversation with a sorcerer or an idolator and you will see for yourself that the consequence for disregarding the warning, exclusion from comprehension, life itself, is already in effect and in full force.

Lying isn't embraced as OK anywhere that I know of in the Bible...Abraham lied but the Bible says that all have sinned so maybe Abraham's lie was sinful.

Jesus says this about lying in John 8:

John 8:44, KJV
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. -

Jesus, by saying that the devil was a murderer from the beginning and the father of lies he was referring to the story of Adam and Eve where a talking serpent, the nachash, a brazen religious deceiver, tricked Adam and Eve into defying the command of God which caused them to die in the very day that they ate of the forbidden fruit.

As in the book of Esther, deception was sanctioned by God as an honorable tactic when facing persecution and death,

This shows that perjury in the name of God, religious deception, is the subject of condemnation.

This also is what the bible says about deception,

"and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but made sinfulness a deliberate choice."
2 Thessalonians 2:11,12.

About the book of Esther, I don't know anything about lying being "sanctioned" in it, but if all have sinned then some sin was possibly committed that would not necessarily be "sanctioned," as Abraham's lying in the book of Genesis is not "sanctioned" anywhere.

As for you Thessalonians citation, because "God" (I am an Agnostic) sends the devil to do evil and devilishness does not mean that He would want us to do it; if the devil is the father of lies, then maybe your Thessalonians citation means that God would send the devil (the liar) to punish people for what they did.

-

No. Not since 5 minutes ago when I intimated that I had a 19 inch penis in Bone's thread. Ive been perfect since then

Telling a single little "white" lie would be condemned as racist on USMB unless it was followed immediately by a big "Black" lie.

Telling a single little "white" lie would be condemned as racist on USMB unless it was followed immediately by a big "Black" lie.

I'd still like to know the significance of identifying lies as Black or White......sounds like racial intolerance to me.

Forum List

Back