You should never bring a knife to a gun fight

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Then again maybe you should.

Warning: Graphic Content..

Graphic This Is Why You Shoot Someone Advancing With A Knife

Edit: Need to put this in context. I am a member of a closed NZ Facebook page for serving and ex-cops. NZ police shot somebody dead last week who was advancing on armed cops with a machete. The left/greenies are outraged. NZ police, generally are not armed. Those ranked detective or above have a choice of being armed. Most do. In a response to a letter to the editor to the NZ Herald from an ex board member of NZ Greenpeace stating that he thought it ridiculous that NZ police had guns at all, and that they should spend more time on unarmed combat, an ex cop posted the above....There have been crickets chirping from the Greenpeace dude...

Edit: Need to put this in context. I am a member of a closed NZ Facebook page for serving and ex-cops. NZ police shot somebody dead last week who was advancing on armed cops with a machete. The left/greenies are outraged. NZ police, generally are not armed. Those ranked detective or above have a choice of being armed. Most do. In a response to a letter to the editor to the NZ Herald from an ex board member of NZ Greenpeace stating that he thought it ridiculous that NZ police had guns at all, and that they should spend more time on unarmed combat, an ex cop posted the above....There have been crickets chirping from the Greenpeace dude...
Maybe the officers should have been armed with baseball bats. Maybe they should have told him to drop the knife and shot him in the legs when he didn't.

Maybe the officers should have been armed with baseball bats. Maybe they should have told him to drop the knife and shot him in the legs when he didn't.
The cops should never have approached so close while he was wielding the knife.

Even if you hit him in the femoral artery of the leg, an attacker armed with a knife can cut you into sushi before he finally bleeds out.

The letter to the editor. And no, the guy is not being sarcastic or has his tongue in cheek. As mentioned, he is a former board member of Greenpeace NZ.

Letter to Editor.jpg

Even if you hit him in the femoral artery of the leg, an attacker armed with a knife can cut you into sushi before he finally bleeds out.
Not if he can't walk. Also, a bat to the head can kill a man quickly. After he falls down, hit him again.

Not if he can't walk. Also, a bat to the head can kill a man quickly. After he falls down, hit him again.

Ok, you keep your bat. I'll be keeping my guns though.

Ok, you keep your bat. I'll be keeping my guns though.
Oh, I will too. They are much more effective at long range. I carry 24/7.

It is too bad the cops in the video didn't shoot the bastard quicker. I'm just saying that wielding a nice heavy bat can be deadly against a knife held in the hand of an assailant.

Forum List

Back