🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

You won’t believe how little $8.25 an hour buys

You do realize, and I don't want to say this since this forum has a thing for personal attacks, that I work in fast food making 7.85 an hour?

And you assume I have a problem with that. I don't. That's more than I have right now.

What I have a problem with is with people in your position demanding career level pay for entry level jobs. I equate that with greed, not a need "to get by." I would be happy to get what I'm paid. I would put more effort into doing my job than demanding a pay raise. I see people making demands of people kind enough to give them any sort of employment as ingrates.

You're not leeching off of anyone, your grandmother is a loving member of your family who is supporting you on her own free will

That is no excuse. To anyone else, this could be considered as exploitation. I see it that way. If I take government assistance, I'm taking her tax dollars. If I'm not on it, I'm still taking her money. That presents a major moral dilemma for me that I can't handle.

upward mobility is a joke..

Of course it's a joke if you're just standing there complaining about it. It's all about effort.
I don't want career level pay, I believe wages should be adjusted to the cost of living on a state by state basis. Nothing is perfect. The contradictions of capital are coming out in full force, things are getting worse worldwide in terms of income inequality, resource waste, etc, etc.. Greed? The greedy ones are the capitalist dogs who moan and bitch about the end of days if taxes were raised b 2%, the dogs who mercilessly exploit the third world to sell cheap products in the first world, the ones who move jobs overseas to avoid paying decent wages or providing benefits.. This is starting to happen to service jobs now to.. Err, most people put effort into their job, after all, they're easily replaceable, I'd imagine they'd put forth more effort if they were paid a decent wage. How would anyone consider that exploitation? A moral dilemma? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

Lmao, go ahead and adjust wages by a state to state level and watch more company's leave the blue city's, God you are dumb.

Greed works both ways, which came first the big box stores with low wages or Sam the butcher or Floyd barber shops with livable wages?

Americans wanted cheap crap they did it to themselves, the big capitalist gave you what you wanted.
So wages shouldn't ever be raised because capitalists will leave? LOL.
Are you brain dead? Artificially raising wages is suicide. Yea we know you would rather the government pay you 30 grand a year to be a couch potato, you set such high goals for yourself.

Billions live in poverty, many working 60+ hours a week to barely scrape by.

There are 330 million people in America... so your math is off by a few orders of magnitude. No, billions are not in poverty.
Wasn't just talking about America, genius. Unless only the poor in America are whiners, in which case, the usual right wing hatred of the poor.

And yet it has been the dems in charge for the last 8 years. Everyone should hate the poor, no one should think being poor is the proper way of life. Instead the democrats foster people being poor, they love poor people the want to be the adult taking care of the poor people.

So Christians and Christian churches should abandon there destructive policies of helping the poor?

lol, good one, chowderhead.

They have no control over the people's lives, so no, they should not give up on helping people escape poverty.

You do realize, and I don't want to say this since this forum has a thing for personal attacks, that I work in fast food making 7.85 an hour?

And you assume I have a problem with that. I don't. That's more than I have right now.

What I have a problem with is with people in your position demanding career level pay for entry level jobs. I equate that with greed, not a need "to get by." I would be happy to get what I'm paid. I would put more effort into doing my job than demanding a pay raise. I see people making demands of people kind enough to give them any sort of employment as ingrates.

You're not leeching off of anyone, your grandmother is a loving member of your family who is supporting you on her own free will

That is no excuse. To anyone else, this could be considered as exploitation. I see it that way. If I take government assistance, I'm taking her tax dollars. If I'm not on it, I'm still taking her money. That presents a major moral dilemma for me that I can't handle.

Of course it's a joke if you're just standing there complaining about it. It's all about effort.
I don't want career level pay, I believe wages should be adjusted to the cost of living on a state by state basis. Nothing is perfect. The contradictions of capital are coming out in full force, things are getting worse worldwide in terms of income inequality, resource waste, etc, etc.. Greed? The greedy ones are the capitalist dogs who moan and bitch about the end of days if taxes were raised b 2%, the dogs who mercilessly exploit the third world to sell cheap products in the first world, the ones who move jobs overseas to avoid paying decent wages or providing benefits.. This is starting to happen to service jobs now to.. Err, most people put effort into their job, after all, they're easily replaceable, I'd imagine they'd put forth more effort if they were paid a decent wage. How would anyone consider that exploitation? A moral dilemma? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

Lmao, go ahead and adjust wages by a state to state level and watch more company's leave the blue city's, God you are dumb.

Greed works both ways, which came first the big box stores with low wages or Sam the butcher or Floyd barber shops with livable wages?

Americans wanted cheap crap they did it to themselves, the big capitalist gave you what you wanted.
Are you brain dead? Artificially raising wages is suicide. Yea we know you would rather the government pay you 30 grand a year to be a couch potato, you set such high goals for yourself.
It's suicide? Based on what, your economic genius?

Billions live in poverty, many working 60+ hours a week to barely scrape by.

There are 330 million people in America... so your math is off by a few orders of magnitude. No, billions are not in poverty.
Wasn't just talking about America, genius. Unless only the poor in America are whiners, in which case, the usual right wing hatred of the poor.

And yet it has been the dems in charge for the last 8 years. Everyone should hate the poor, no one should think being poor is the proper way of life. Instead the democrats foster people being poor, they love poor people the want to be the adult taking care of the poor people.

So Christians and Christian churches should abandon there destructive policies of helping the poor?

They have no control over the people's lives, so no, they should not give up on helping people escape poverty.

lol, first helping the poor is bad, now you say it's good. Which is it? Pick one.

you're right; nobody ever said it; until, it was said!!

lol dummy

oh and it's true anyway

But if you raise the minimum wage nationally, one state can't cannibalize workers from another state.
about time someone on the left here admitted that to me....

But guess what? The poor in New York city are still poor, while the MW workers in Oconee county, South Carolina will live like kings.

lol, first helping the poor is bad, now you say it's good. Which is it? Pick one.
As long as it's not the evil communist government run by a Kenyan Muslim, it's ok. I'm pretty sure he believes this..

Where on earth are the countries more successful than the US who have never had a minimum wage, or laws affecting employee compensation?

Name them.

"helping the poor" IS bad when the Left does it

it results in a fifty year high in the Poverty Rate

as has happened under obama

idiots and hypocrites

idiots and hypocrites
You do realize the "left" in America are basically the right wing party in every other country?

But if you raise the minimum wage nationally, one state can't cannibalize workers from another state.
about time someone on the left here admitted that to me....

But guess what? The poor in New York city are still poor, while the MW workers in Oconee county, South Carolina will live like kings.

The poorest counties in America are almost all rural, and in red states. Explain that.

Where on earth are the countries more successful than the US who have never had a minimum wage, or laws affecting employee compensation?

Name them.
Somalia? No taxes or regulations. No evil communist obamacare either.

idiots and hypocrites
You do realize the "left" in America are basically the right wing party in every other country?

you DO realize that's irrelevant?

our left CREATE poor people to "help"
How the hell do democrats create poor people? Poverty will literally always exist under capitalism, heck, any system, programs to help the poor don't create poor people.

Forum List

Back