You'll Be OK

dannyboys

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2013

Ten year olds have had their young lives shattered by Trump's election.
What I'm watching is child abuse.

You're sorta right. I hate to see kids affected by stuff so far beyond their control. My parents never breathed a word about the Cuban Missile Crisis to me. At school we were hiding under desks and we knew the Russians were kinda "bad guys," but that's all I knew at the time. I was amazed as an adult to learn how close we came. Now that was something to really worry about and they didn't make us.

You're sorta right. I hate to see kids affected by stuff so far beyond their control. My parents never breathed a word about the Cuban Missile Crisis to me. At school we were hiding under desks and we knew the Russians were kinda "bad guys," but that's all I knew at the time. I was amazed as an adult to learn how close we came. Now that was something to really worry about and they didn't make us.

Interesting. I remember the Kennedy TV speech about Cuba, and the parents commenting. It was the week after my 10th birthday. The nuns also discussed it a bit in class, and we did the seemingly silly duck and cover drills. I was also one who read the newspaper.

We were ten miles from DC Ground Zero. They didn't coddle us at all. I supposed it depended on where you lived.

Interesting. I remember the Kennedy TV speech about Cuba, and the parents commenting. It was the week after my 10th birthday. The nuns also discussed it a bit in class, and we did the seemingly silly duck and cover drills. I was also one who read the newspaper.

We were ten miles from DC Ground Zero. They didn't coddle us at all. I supposed it depended on where you lived.
I was a couple years younger, maybe that's why? I'm glad my carefree childhood went uninterrupted, though. To be getting kids nervous about hyped up fears of what might be...that's just wrong.

Forum List

Back