Young, talented workers aren’t just thinking about leaving Toronto. They’re already on their way out, and the fallout will be enormous

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
None of this surprises me.

Canada has been having their talent drained for decades. As we juxtapose our system with others in the West, it's clear we are a horse and buggy system, across many metrics.

I almost left in my 20s and then my early 30s.

It would have probably have been the best decision I could have made. Alas.

The young, middle-class families Toronto needs to function and thrive are packing up, leaving the city’s viability at risk.

None of this surprises me.

Canada has been having their talent drained for decades. As we juxtapose our system with others in the West, it's clear we are a horse and buggy system, across many metrics.

I almost left in my 20s and then my early 30s.

It would have probably have been the best decision I could have made. Alas.

The young, middle-class families Toronto needs to function and thrive are packing up, leaving the city’s viability at risk.

The chart suggests that most are moving within the province. Perhaps people who made enough money and don't want to bring up a family in the big city, but rather out in the suburbs.

Looking at Toronto on Google Maps, it seems Toronto is a small place. With Mississauga on one side, Vaughan and Markham to the north, Oshawa to the other side. Places that might be cheaper, but commutable.

Forum List

Back