Youngkin Already Picking Fight With Virginia Parents, Get's Smacked Down On Mask Mandate

It’s funny that conservatives suddenly jump on the freedom of choice bandwagon when it suits them. And yes…they are “running around trying to mandate everything and force them to obey” :lol:
Oh really?
Are you talking about all of the vaccine mandates you folks are trying to shove down our throats.....or are you talking about a photo I.D. for voting?

New Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) began his new job by ensuring that all masks mandates would be banned in schools regardless of what the community and parents want.

Speaking to the press on Sunday, Youngkin was asked about the Arlington school district still requiring masks regardless of what the governor says. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

Youngkin said that clearly, the schools didn't listen to what parents wanted, assuming that the parents in Arlington don't want the mask mandate. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

First day on the job, don't even know what the law is. This ain't Flori-Duh son. That crap won't fly here.

Youngkin said that clearly, the schools didn't listen to what parents wanted, assuming that the parents in Arlington don't want the mask mandate

If the kid wants to wear a mask, they can.
If a parent wants the kid to wear a mask, they can.
Moron.

New Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) began his new job by ensuring that all masks mandates would be banned in schools regardless of what the community and parents want.

Speaking to the press on Sunday, Youngkin was asked about the Arlington school district still requiring masks regardless of what the governor says. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

Youngkin said that clearly, the schools didn't listen to what parents wanted, assuming that the parents in Arlington don't want the mask mandate. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

First day on the job, don't even know what the law is. This ain't Flori-Duh son. That crap won't fly here.
You liberals are so out of touch with what parents want that it's almost become farce! You're about to lose the suburbs because you've got your heads up your asses listening to idiots like Doctor Fauci who couldn't find his own ass with a one hand head start!

Oh...and just so you know...things are great in Florida! Our biggest problem is finding room for all the people who are moving here from States run by liberals! :)

He didn't ban masks, he gave parents the choice to mask their kids or not.

So if there are parents out there who don't want to mask their kids, they won't face reprisals from people like you.

However, the teachers and the teacher's unions in all their ill-gotten wisdom will likely try to force masks on kids anyway.

That is a subversion of authority. The district does not have the right to force this decision on parents. And, parents will (and always will) have the right to choose what's best for their children. That ranges from education to healthcare decisions.

So pardon me if I join parents everywhere in telling you to fuck off, you tinpot tyrant.

Moreover, if these parents were presented with the latest CDC guidance on masks, they wouldn't bother with it.

Also, masks are generally ineffective given there are gaps for air to get in and out on the sides, cheekbones, and bottom forward part of the jaw. The virus is microscopic (nanometers wide) and can easily penetrate those gaps, rendering the masks ineffective. Not only that, the spaces in the interwoven material of any mask are insufficient to stop a virus that size from penetrating those gaps.

It's people like you that contribute to this COVID hysteria by ignoring science, by convincing people to do things that defy reason and tried and true science is not science. Nor is it concern, it's control.

Last edited:
The GOP Gov is telling the local school board they are not allowed to make the decision, which is where it should be made

I'm sorry, no. If the child comes from your genes, it is your responsibility and therefore your right to make those types of decisions for them.

If you want that kind of control over people, go live in China.

I mean it.

Last edited:
Which is useless when a majority of parents want a mask mandate not a mask choice.

Yet again from a poll taken almost six months ago, which you continue to cite despite the changing circumstances.

Science and sentiment can change drastically over time, and they did.

The parents wanted a choice. Their vote wasn't influenced by their support of a mask mandate, it was influenced by their ability to make their own choices for their children--which was methodically being stripped of them.

You deliberately mischaracterize the whole reason why these parents voted for Youngkin. He's not forcing them to mask their kids or not mask their kids. He's saying they can do whatever they want with their kids in regards to their children's education and safety in the school, THAT is why he was elected.

Last edited:
It’s funny that conservatives suddenly jump on the freedom of choice bandwagon when it suits them

So, what would you do? Completely take the choices away from the parents?

Freedom is universal and not unique to either party.

Might I also point out that people such as yourself also jump on the bandwagon when it suits you? Simply look to the abortion debate.

The 'my body my choice' argument died the day people of your political inclination chose to strip people of their right to bodily automomy by forcing them to wear masks and inject themselves with vaccines that can have varying effects on their health (and in a woman's case, potential impacts on the life of the child in her womb).

In my opinion, until you support the right to bodily autonomy, whether it be abortion or healthcare in general, I believe you haven't the standing to make such an argument in the future.

The GOP Gov is telling the local school board they are not allowed to make the decision, which is where it should be made

Why is a decision necessary ?
It’s funny that conservatives suddenly jump on the freedom of choice bandwagon when it suits them. And yes…they are “running around trying to mandate everything and force them to obey” :lol:

Are you saying conservatives are the only ones on this particular "bandwagon" ?

On day one yesterday, Virginia's Governor Glenn Youngkin issued and executive order which guarantees the fundamental right of parents to make medical/developmental decisions for their children, including whether or not they wish to wear an arguably-ineffective face mask for eternity.

Here's his order (pdf)...

Arlington County Public Schools has issued a public statement in response the same day, stating that masks are still required of all students on all school grounds and buses....

For the record, Arlington County voted 81% for Biden and 17% for Trump in the 2020 presidential election. No wonder they are control freaks.

Youngkin fired back when questioned. He says he is going to do everything in his power to support parents' rights...

(sorry for the twitter link - spit)

Thank God. Let our children be children.

When I voted for Youngkin, I thought there was little chance he would be as effective as DeSantis, but I am getting so hopeful now, after watching his notable initial actions.

It will be interesting to see how this conflict works out. School officials overruling the Governor? Masks on children? Really?

Could it not be more clear that the Democrats want to control every aspect of our lives, while the Republicans continually stand for the right of the people to live in freedom and prosperity? Get the heck out of my personal life, Democrats, you have no right to be control freaks when you fail at absolutely everything.

News articles on the subject here:

It's pretty damn simple, anyone that bucks the order, put them in the unemployment line, FOR CAUSE!

The governor’s order gives parents the choice and his order will supersede any policy from the school district, so the Branch Covidians are only setting themselves up for legal battles

07C803BE-4374-4A95-B59E-3A7349E1556B.jpeg

Masks don't work idiot.

Would you like fries with your Nothing burger?

westwall
I don't need data to prove to you that masks simply do NOT work!

Numerous studies have shown they do nothing to prevent you from catching or spreading the virus.

My daughter is an EMT in a rural county. She transports COVID cases several times a day, always wearing her required mask. She just came down with the Omicron variant after already having the original or "Alpha" variant last Spring.

My local school district requires masks. Yet, they had to close on Friday due to to so many staff and students out with COVID. That does not compute!
Bingo

Is he?

– Two-thirds of Virginia voters, including parents of school-age children, support the state’s school mask mandate and many support Covid vaccinations for age-eligible children.
And to the best of my knowledge, any parent that wants to can have their kid wear an ineffective face diaper, or take the useless shots, so what are they upset about????

What Youngkin is doing is called FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!!!

Forum List

Back