Youngkin Already Picking Fight With Virginia Parents, Get's Smacked Down On Mask Mandate

"Silence, peasants. Your children belong to us."

-- Arlington County Public Schools
The Arlington county school board is elected by Arlington voters that means the children and their education are determined by Arlingtonians. You may not like their politics, they are known locally as the Peoples Republic of Arlington, but they do live in a democracy.

The Arlington county school board is elected by Arlington voters that means the children and their education are determined by Arlingtonians. You may not like their politics, they are known locally as the Peoples Republic of Arlington, but they do live in a democracy.
Oh look.

Sure, suddenly local control is something you advocate for....

Why is it that the idea of them making the decision themselves does not even occur to you in your flawed dichotomy?
It does not bother me, that school systems make their own decisions as to the welfare of students and teachers at the school level. Heck, right here in Madison County, TN, 2 schools out of the many elementary, junior high, and high schools are completely closed, yet our conservative governor has even felt a need to comment, as it is not really his gig. At the same time, if you wish to keep your kids out of school, due to rapidly spreading infections you would just as soon you and your kids avoided, I have no problem with that. If you are saying a few parents out of the many in a school district should be able to do away with public health plans and procedures for a whole school district, forcing them to accept their unvaccinated, massless children, no. I can't go there. I am just not that deep into minority rule and certainly do not believe in the rule of some official from a couple of hundred miles away to set policy on a local level.

1642427613918.png

So Virginia law says that schools must provide in-person instruction consistent with CDC Guidelines, which currently recommends use of masks.

Can the Governor issue a valid EO that conflicts with state law?

WW

New Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) began his new job by ensuring that all masks mandates would be banned in schools regardless of what the community and parents want.

Speaking to the press on Sunday, Youngkin was asked about the Arlington school district still requiring masks regardless of what the governor says. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

Youngkin said that clearly, the schools didn't listen to what parents wanted, assuming that the parents in Arlington don't want the mask mandate. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

First day on the job, don't even know what the law is. This ain't Flori-Duh son. That crap won't fly here.
The left are all about forcing others to do what they want. Younkin and most Republicans are not against wearing masks. They are against forcing people to wear masks who don't want to wear them. Anyone who wants to wear a mask can wear a mask - students, teachers, and other school personal. But, you can't order someone to wear a mask who doesn't want to wear a mask. No one on the right is forcing anyone on the left to go maskless if they want to wear a mask. But, it's the opposite on the left where they want to force others to do something that they don't want to do.

It does not bother me, that school systems make their own decisions as to the welfare of students and teachers at the school level. Heck, right here in Madison County, TN, 2 schools out of the many elementary, junior high, and high schools are completely closed, yet our conservative governor has even felt a need to comment, as it is not really his gig. At the same time, if you wish to keep your kids out of school, due to rapidly spreading infections you would just as soon you and your kids avoided, I have no problem with that. If you are saying a few parents out of the many in a school district should be able to do away with public health plans and procedures for a whole school district, forcing them to accept their unvaccinated, massless children, no. I can't go there. I am just not that deep into minority rule and certainly do not believe in the rule of some official from a couple of hundred miles away to set policy on a local level.

It should bother the hell out of yku when they protect rapists and prosecute the victims for political reasons.

It should bother the hell out of yku when they protect rapists and prosecute the victims for political reasons.
This wasn't about any rapists in Virginia. I didn't even know Virginia was a big rape state. We have some in Tennessee, but generally not in the classroom. Are you on drugs? You seem to have a dissociative interpretation of the thread.

New Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) began his new job by ensuring that all masks mandates would be banned in schools regardless of what the community and parents want.

Speaking to the press on Sunday, Youngkin was asked about the Arlington school district still requiring masks regardless of what the governor says. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

Youngkin said that clearly, the schools didn't listen to what parents wanted, assuming that the parents in Arlington don't want the mask mandate. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

First day on the job, don't even know what the law is. This ain't Flori-Duh son. That crap won't fly here.
Arlington is not Virginia but is in Virginia and Youngkin is it's governor. Suck it up buttercup.

This wasn't about any rapists in Virginia. I didn't even know Virginia was a big rape state. We have some in Tennessee, but generally not in the classroom. Are you on drugs? You seem to have a dissociative interpretation of the thread.
Pretty puny, even for a gay snowflake.

It's disturbing how many people believe children belong to the State.

Sure, like you're all for a big government, central authority telling localities what to do when it affects only them.
The government is not telling anyone what to do. He's saying the decisions is up to the parents.

Why do you oppose that?

The battle for children must take place in local school board elections

and that will not be a minor schrimish but rather a fight that wont end till the last dog dies

Forum List

Back