Your biggest pet peeves on idiot drivers and the actual language you use in the sitchation

My favorite is the idiot driving above highway speeds with a doughtnut spare they obviously never intend to replace.
Best was a car with two of them located diagonally from each other.
Good point. How often do we see drivers driving a piece of shit, that likely is not maintained with bad brakes and tires driving aggressively? It’s as if they have a death wish.

Back in the late 70s delivering pizzas, the other delivery boy had a VW bug. That damn thing was unstoppable in the snow.

You're right.

In the rare instances when it snows around here there are no shortage of people who want to go for a drive through the country with the top down.

In the snow or on the beach, it's ever left me stranded.

Enjoy your weekend,

You're right.

In the rare instances when it snows around here there are no shortage of people who want to go for a drive through the country with the top down.

In the snow or on the beach, it's ever left me stranded.

Enjoy your weekend,
Thanks you too.

What year is your 986 S Porsche and how do you like it?

I've got a '73 VW Super Beetle Karmann edition convertible that I've had since 1980.

In addition to being solid and reliable, lots of women are more impressed by it than a Corvette.

I've slept in it, driven it through the woods loaded with firewood, driven it on the beach, up and down the East Coast and to Missouri for a bicycle race and back to Virginia.

Because I tore my left Achilles tendon in the bicycle race and couldn't operate the clutch, I found a sturdy stick, attached it to the clutch pedal with duct tape and used that to work the clutch by hand for the long, mountainous drive home.

Finally, whenever I ran out of gasoline, I simply rocked the car and could always make it to a gas station or a sympathetic soul impressed by such a "cute" car.

I'm sure that I'm not alone in feeling sentimental about a faithful, old, vehicle.

Thanks,
It's an 01 with 46K miles on it. Looks like a new car.

It's loads of fun but totally useless for anything other than that.

It's an 01 with 46K miles on it. Looks like a new car.

It's loads of fun but totally useless for anything other than that.

Sounds like a keeper.
Please don't discount the value of fun.
Some of the best times I ever had have been with people similar to car:

"... loads of fun but..."

Enjoy your weekend,

The very reason they now put up these signs...
View attachment 907067

The proper thing to do is keep right unless passing.

Should we do the speed limit and not tailgate also?

That's not the only sign on the roads.

1708733690825.png

1708733825543.png

I'm not, but it sounds like you may be.

What's the difference between driving in the left lane and speeding?
I said long before that the State Patrol here says to move right and let them deal with the speeders.

Not a worry for me, as I said I am an old guy in the pickup driving in the right lane.
I just have the courtesy to not be a lane hugging cock blocker or feel the need to control other drivers.

Simple way to lose a tailgater if they bother you...
Move over.

I said long before that the State Patrol here says to move right and let them deal with the speeders.

Not a worry for me, as I said I am an old guy in the pickup driving in the right lane.
I just have the courtesy to not be a lane hugging cock blocker or feel the need to control other drivers.

Simple way to lose a tailgater if they bother you...
Move over.

I'm also a right laner 99.9% of the time.

I just disagree with people who think that the second I get in the left lane they have the right to ride my ass and speed.

I've also noticed those people never move over to the right lane after you get over and they pass you. They continue to ride in the left lane.

So, I just don't understand people's way of thinking. They think they can speed and ride my ass, but after I move over they continue to ride in the left lane and even make other cars pass THEM in the right lane because THEY will not move over.

I'm also a right laner 99.9% of the time.

I just disagree with people who think that the second I get in the left lane they have the right to ride my ass and speed.

I've also noticed those people never move over to the right lane after you get over and they pass you. They continue to ride in the left lane.

So, I just don't understand people's way of thinking. They think they can speed and ride my ass, but after I move over they continue to ride in the left lane and even make other cars pass THEM in the right lane because THEY will not move over.
Can't disagree with that.
Happens all the time.
Or they ride my ass, I get over, then they get in front of me and go slow and screw up my cruise control.

You have no more right to speed and tailgate than I do to drive in the left lane.
Bullshit.

I've had cops pull up behind me twice in that situation. I started to pull over and they ignored me and got the asshole who was blocking the passing lane both times.

I'm in Ohio. The policy in your state may vary.

Last edited:
Bullshit.

I've had cops pull up behind me twice in that situation. I pulled over and they ignored me and got the asshole who was blocking the passing lane both times.

I'm in Ohio. The policy in your state may vary.

Speeding and tailgating is illegal no matter what the police choose to do.

They can be corrupt in their thinking also.

Just an FYI.

Forum List

Back