Your biggest pet peeves on idiot drivers and the actual language you use in the sitchation

Anyone ever get the moron on a freeway entrance that just comes to a complete stop at the end of the ramp because they suck at merging?

Some people simply shouldn't drive.

And their polar opposite counterpart, "I MUST MERGE INTO THE RIGHT LANE THE SECOND THE LINE ISNT SOLID EVEN IF I HAVE A 1/2 MILE ENTRANCE RAMP"

I'll add my favorite idiot driver. The 100MPH "rabbit" that blows by you and grabs any cop in the next 5 miles so you can confidently do your acceptable 80 in a 70. or 75 in a 65.

Typically on modern new freeway entrances the merging lane is extra long, sometimes a half mile, yet idiots will still try to jam in immediately without using the full entrance until the merge point, sometimes coming to a complete stop. Forcing more cars to stop behind them when unnecessary.

I have passed those morons on the right and merged ahead of them where traffic has opened up.

Lol.
chauffeur-dumb-and-dumber.gif

The racers. Not sure if this is a Northeast only thing….

The wannabe assholes driving their sporty cars during the commute who somehow believe they’re on the final lap of the Indy 500 and need to psss the entire field to win. They’re doing 20mph over the speed limit, zipping in and out of lanes like a pinball just to get two car lengths further ahead. They’re a menace and I wish the cops would pull their licenses.

Typically on modern new freeway entrances the merging lane is extra long, sometimes a half mile, yet idiots will still try to jam in immediately without using the full entrance until the merge point, sometimes coming to a complete stop. Forcing more cars to stop behind them when unnecessary.

I have passed those morons on the right and merged ahead of them where traffic has opened up.
When driving my DP towing my Honda, I’m 65 feet long. On the interstate, I do 65mph in the right lane. Invariably some idiot is entering the highway in the merge lane refusing to accelerate past me. They sit in the merge lane right next to me, then brake hard to get behind me. Then move to the passing lane and zoom by me. Happened just the other day with a guy in a fucking Corvette. WTF.

Drivers who think rain and snow have no effect on the traction their tires can generate. There's a reason we see multiple cars in the median and in the woods every time we get a storm of any kind. "I've got 4 wheel drive. I'm immune to ice on the road".

When driving my DP towing my Honda, I’m 65 feet long. On the interstate, I do 65mph in the right lane. Invariably some idiot is entering the highway in the merge lane refusing to accelerate past me. They sit in the merge lane right next to me, then brake hard to get behind me. Then move to the passing lane and zoom by me. Happened just the other day with a guy in a fucking Corvette. WTF.
I run into that shit too towing my camper.
It is their responsibility to adjust speed to properly merge.
I think many don't pay attention until they are literally out of road.

Conservatives have to lead the way in restoring sex to its true purpose, & ending recreational sex & senseless use of birth control pills.

Ah, Volvo. The "sensible shoes" of cars.

I have a chrysler minivan that is what I mostly drive (which means I have no standing to criticize anyone else's choice of vehicle, lol). An old Z71 chevy for bad weather, and a 986 S porsche roadster for fun.

Thinking of ditching the minivan for a sedan, maybe a panamera or something similar.
/——/ “Ah, Volvo. The "sensible shoes" of cars.”
We prefer “The penny loafer of luxury cars.”

Conservatives have to lead the way in restoring sex to its true purpose, & ending recreational sex & senseless use of birth control pills.

Ah, Volvo. The "sensible shoes" of cars.

I have a chrysler minivan that is what I mostly drive (which means I have no standing to criticize anyone else's choice of vehicle, lol). An old Z71 chevy for bad weather, and a 986 S porsche roadster for fun.

Thinking of ditching the minivan for a sedan, maybe a panamera or something similar.

What year is your 986 S Porsche and how do you like it?

I've got a '73 VW Super Beetle Karmann edition convertible that I've had since 1980.

In addition to being solid and reliable, lots of women are more impressed by it than a Corvette.

I've slept in it, driven it through the woods loaded with firewood, driven it on the beach, up and down the East Coast and to Missouri for a bicycle race and back to Virginia.

Because I tore my left Achilles tendon in the bicycle race and couldn't operate the clutch, I found a sturdy stick, attached it to the clutch pedal with duct tape and used that to work the clutch by hand for the long, mountainous drive home.

Finally, whenever I ran out of gasoline, I simply rocked the car and could always make it to a gas station or a sympathetic soul impressed by such a "cute" car.

I'm sure that I'm not alone in feeling sentimental about a faithful, old, vehicle.

Thanks,

"POP OUT AND CREEP"

How frequently do other readers find themselves driving down a rural road with a 55 MPH speed limit when they suddenly encounter one of "those people" on smaller side roads who are so quick to pull out in front of you but so sloooooow after they succeed in bringing you to an abrupt halt and leading you and a growing line of traffic along at a vexing 35 MPH?

Thanks,

This is NO joke or exaggeration

seriously, it is NOT

I have noticed that ever since Corn pop got installed in the WH

people have been driving recklessly, too fast and carelessly.

Why didn't I notice such before 2021? Because it wasn't happening

2 reasons for this, I suspect:

one group is ANGRY that the election was stolen or likely stolen

another group (the first group belongs here as well) is pissed off because everything costs so much more under Corn pop Hair Sniffer-US- Law-hater

What year is your 986 S Porsche and how do you like it?

I've got a '73 VW Super Beetle Karmann edition convertible that I've had since 1980.

In addition to being solid and reliable, lots of women are more impressed by it than a Corvette.

I've slept in it, driven it through the woods loaded with firewood, driven it on the beach, up and down the East Coast and to Missouri for a bicycle race and back to Virginia.

Because I tore my left Achilles tendon in the bicycle race and couldn't operate the clutch, I found a sturdy stick, attached it to the clutch pedal with duct tape and used that to work the clutch by hand for the long, mountainous drive home.

Finally, whenever I ran out of gasoline, I simply rocked the car and could always make it to a gas station or a sympathetic soul impressed by such a "cute" car.

I'm sure that I'm not alone in feeling sentimental about a faithful, old, vehicle.

Thanks,
Back in the late 70s delivering pizzas, the other delivery boy had a VW bug. That damn thing was unstoppable in the snow.

Jackrabbits who tailgate, then cut out from behind and back in front of me with inches to spare between our bumpers, only to see me right behind them and gain no more ground for the next 10 miles. I do enjoy giving them the ol', "So, what did you gain from that show of stupidity?", as I catch them at light after light and see them constantly sticking their nose out into the other lane, only to pull it back in. I have to admit, it's kind of gratifying watching somebody get more and more frustrated as they can't get ahead.

Forum List

Back