Your Favorite Games For Your Phone

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I don't play a lot of video games. Once in a while, I will download one for my Android phone and play around with it, but they all look and feel the same. Plus they are aggravatingly plagued with ads which interrupt after every fricking level.

But there is one which is my all time favorite. I have played it several times and it never gets old.

Monument Valley by Ustwo. I believe it is available on both Android and Apple phones.

This is not a shoot-em-up game. This is not a racing game.

This is a fascinating puzzle game. It has a M.C. Escheresque quality to it, requiring you to bend your mind and your perspective to solve the optical illusion and impossible object puzzles for the main character, Ida, to make her way through the paths, ladders, sliders, risers, and doorways to get to the end of each level. She is occasionally aided by her cute helper, Totem, and impeded by black crows.

This is not a long game, nor is it particularly difficult. It is just beautiful and elegant.

There are ten levels, but you can buy some additional levels for a nominal price.

This game was popular enough with gamers that a sequel was made, Monument Valley 2. It is equally charming and engaging.

What is your all-time favorite game?

monument-valley-the-garden.jpg

Last edited:
I don't play a lot of video games. Once in a while, I will download one for my Android phone and play around with it, but they all look and feel the same. Plus they are aggravatingly plagued with ads which interrupt after every fricking level.

But there is one which is my all time favorite. I have played it several times and it never gets old.

Monument Valley by Ustwo. I believe it is available on both Android and Apple phones.

This is not a shoot-em-up game. This is not a racing game.

This is a fascinating puzzle game. It has a M.C. Escheresque quality to it, requiring you to bend your mind and your perspective to solve the optical illusion and impossible object puzzles for the main character, Ida, to make her way through the paths, ladders, sliders, risers, and doorways to get to the end of each level.

This is not a long game, nor is it particularly difficult. It is just beautiful and elegant.

There are ten levels, but you can buy some additional levels for a nominal price.

This game was popular enough with gamers that a sequel was made, Monument Valley 2. It is equally charming and engaging.

What is your all-time favorite game?

monument-valley-the-garden.jpg
I will not put Tetris on my phone because I'll play it all the time.

Ah. I used to be hooked on Freecell on my first Windows computer.
Other games a sometimes play are racing games because they are playable. No shooters, strategy or other games. The phone controls makes them no fun.

I really can recommend Horizon Chase.

The last time I played video games was with my college house mates. The video games made today are too complicated for my liking.

The last time I played video games was with my college house mates. The video games made today are too complicated for my liking.
I haven't played a console game since my kids were born. I was too busy.

Now that they are fully grown, you're right. Console games are way more complicated now. And way more immersive.

I like to just watch my kids play them.

I'm thinking about getting a Meta Quest VR headset, though.

Forum List

Back