🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Your Life In a Post-Liberal America

New York City ain't Kansas City. New York is the most cosmopolitan city in North America. One might expect cabbies to be fluent in English, but foreign visitors might like a cabbie to be fluent in French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, Polish or Hungarian.

For edification:

"Bangladeshi drivers have supplanted Pakistanis as the largest percentage of newly licensed drivers of yellow taxicabs. Of those who entered the business in the last two years, 18 percent were from Bangladesh, 15 percent from Pakistan and 9 percent from India."
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/07/n...vers-finds-more-immigrants-at-wheel.html?_r=0

Now....what made you post something as irrelevant as this:
"...a cabbie to be fluent in French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, Polish or Hungarian."

One might leap to the conclusion that you were trying to hide something.....

New York City ain't Kansas City. New York is the most cosmopolitan city in North America. One might expect cabbies to be fluent in English, but foreign visitors might like a cabbie to be fluent in French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, Polish or Hungarian.

Do you know which country is the origin of the greatest % of cab drivers?

It isn't any that you listed.

Or....are you attempting to hide the tilt toward Islam by Democrats?
OOOOoooo! Scary Muslims are employed driving cabs!

You must want us all to believe that each and every Muslim wears a suicide vest.

Just another way to dehumanize them and make it easier for you to start the genocide.

"Just another way to dehumanize them [Muslims] and make it easier for you to start the genocide."

Just getting over how truely stupid your post is.

Pop quiz:
There is only one major contemporary group that endorses and endeavors to commit genocide.

Know which group that is?
American Right Wingers

Which have you just self-identified as...a liar or a fool?

Ironic post of the decade.

I doubt you're allowed to run up and down the Q Looking for a Russian
Ever been to Brighton Beach Brooklyn?

Queue....you dunce.
There's where that 'spelling' stuff they tried to teach you in school finally pays off.

I went to some pretty good schools......
All evidence to the contrary.

The proof that Liberalism is insanity is all around us.
Their candidate is far and away the most corrupt, criminal, money-grubbing individual imaginable.
Yet...their best choice.

In the last few days, just one more indication of the insanity that passes for thinking from the Liberal/Democrat Left has come to light.

In NYC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc., the requirement that cab drivers speak English has been abolished.

Cab drivers.

Those one charged with the mission of taking us to destinations one TELLS them, INFORMS them, about....
....in ENGLISH!!!

"NEW YORK – New York City taxi drivers will no longer have to pass an English test under new rules designed to make it easier for immigrants to get behind the wheel of a yellow cab.

The change was approved by the City Council in April and signed into law by [Democrat/Liberal/communist] Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The city's taxi drivers have been overwhelmingly foreign-born for decades.

According to the Taxi and Limousine Commission, just 4 percent of current drivers were born in the United States."
New York City scraps English test for taxi drivers | Fox News

Apply this same ersatz logic to every other venue guided by governmental regulations....and this is the world bequeathed to us by Liberals.

Vote carefully.

My God, you actually have a good point. I never thought of it before, but how to the bloody wogs understand the address I tell them when they punch it into their electronic devices telling them how to get me to where I'm going? They always get me there! How can that be!? (-:

I doubt you're allowed to run up and down the Q Looking for a Russian

Queue....you dunce.
There's where that 'spelling' stuff they tried to teach you in school finally pays off.

Let's see....I proved you to be a liar and a fool....

...you have yet to find a single error in any of my posts.

If I ever needed a brain transplant I’d want yours….’cause I’d want one that had never been used.

The proof that Liberalism is insanity is all around us.
Their candidate is far and away the most corrupt, criminal, money-grubbing individual imaginable.
Yet...their best choice.

In the last few days, just one more indication of the insanity that passes for thinking from the Liberal/Democrat Left has come to light.

In NYC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc., the requirement that cab drivers speak English has been abolished.

Cab drivers.

Those one charged with the mission of taking us to destinations one TELLS them, INFORMS them, about....
....in ENGLISH!!!

"NEW YORK – New York City taxi drivers will no longer have to pass an English test under new rules designed to make it easier for immigrants to get behind the wheel of a yellow cab.

The change was approved by the City Council in April and signed into law by [Democrat/Liberal/communist] Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The city's taxi drivers have been overwhelmingly foreign-born for decades.

According to the Taxi and Limousine Commission, just 4 percent of current drivers were born in the United States."
New York City scraps English test for taxi drivers | Fox News

Apply this same ersatz logic to every other venue guided by governmental regulations....and this is the world bequeathed to us by Liberals.

Vote carefully.

My God, you actually have a good point. I never thought of it before, but how to the bloody wogs understand the address I tell them when they punch it into their electronic devices telling them how to get me to where I'm going? They always get me there! How can that be!? (-:

Best part of your post:

"... I never thought..."

Waiting to be monogrammed on your pjs.

The OP, who doesn't work, lives very comfortably on the labor of others,

complains about life in America. What the fuck sort of odoriferous sewage is that?

The Republican Party is dead.

2016 will be its last hurrah.

Racists to the end.

Is that the Democratic Party's new battle cry? "Racists to the End!" Sounds right to me. That has been your cry ever since you established the KKK.

Yeah, but democrats got smarter, republicans got dumber and invited all the the racists in.

Today, the Republican Party is all white and has removed all doubt of which party supports racism.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should do anything. If republicans like the position their party is in .. I love it.

Democrats have never.....never.....changed from their provenance...the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

That's why the most popular former Democrat President has an unbroken record of racism his entire political life.

Look it up, you dunce.

The one sure thing one can count on in a post liberal America is that the number of Black children born to unmarried Moms will rise even further from the current level of just over 70% or 7 out of every 10. There will be an ever-increasing number of them on entitlement programs from the cradle to the grave, more of them imprisoned and a higher crime rate than we have at present. More inner cities will develop with high crime rates, no employment opportunities, and below par schools. Young Black male unemployment will rise above its current level of 58%. But have no fear, Blacks will continue to vote Democrat and assure their continued position at the bottom rung of the educational and economic ladder.

Queue....you dunce.

If I ever needed a brain transplant I’d want yours….’cause I’d want one that had never been used.
You proved nothing, other than num nut can't spell queue or thought that after Avenue P comes Avenue Q when it's really called Quentin Road.

Meanwhile you seemed shocked and dismayed that foreigners are driving hacks in NYC. Well, buttercup, they do indeed drive cabs in the Big Apple and, so far, none of them have killed Anglo Saxon passengers. Get over it, rube. I'll be in Brookly next week and if I find an American born cabbie, I'll be amazed, not chagrined.

Queue....you dunce.

You proved nothing, other than num nut can't spell queue or thought that after Avenue P comes Avenue Q when it's really called Quentin Road.

Meanwhile you seemed shocked and dismayed that foreigners are driving hacks in NYC. Well, buttercup, they do indeed drive cabs in the Big Apple and, so far, none of them have killed Anglo Saxon passengers. Get over it, rube. I'll be in Brookly next week and if I find an American born cabbie, I'll be amazed, not chagrined.
"You proved nothing,...."

Really?

Let's revieew.

Post #36
You wrote:
"Just another way to dehumanize them [Muslims] and make it easier for you to start the genocide."

Just getting over how truely stupid your post is.

I spotlit your disingenuous post.......
Pop quiz:
There is only one major contemporary group that endorses and endeavors to commit genocide.

Know which group that is?

And, recognizing that you'd been caught...you lied, thus:
Post #37:
American Right Wingers

And, I rubbed it in your face with post #40:
Which have you just self-identified as...a liar or a fool?

And now....you've lied again: "You proved nothing,...."

Wasn't that fun?

Here's your consolation prize: try again to find anything in my posts that isn't true, correct or accurate.

Waiting.

Queue....you dunce.

"Meanwhile you seemed shocked and dismayed that foreigners are driving hacks in NYC."

What????

Lying again???

Find any quote of mine that indicates that I "...seemed shocked and dismayed that foreigners are driving hacks in NYC."

There is none, is there.

Why must Liberals always resort to lying?
Why?

Queue....you dunce.

".... none of them have killed Anglo Saxon passengers."

Gee, the only one to have brought up the idea that said cabbies might kill Anglo-Saxon passengers....or anyone......

....is you.

Fantasize much?

And why is this a big deal? I dont use cabs nor would i ever live in new york. Newsworthy? What american born citizen wants to drive a cab? Nobody. Those are jobs we dont want americans doing.

Instead of trying to tie it to something political, it might be a good idea to try to find out why so many are foreigners. Luckily for you I did. I found this
Former and current drivers said the trend could be traced in large part to changes in cab leasing terms in the 1970s. With rules that now often require much of a long day’s work — a standard shift is 12 hours — just to cover the daily rental rate, there is far less latitude for students, performers or other young New Yorkers to drive cabs for part of the day as supplemental income. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/10/nyregion/american-born-cabbies-a-vanishing-breed-in-city.html?_r=0
So before you try to blame a particular political party for it, you actually should do some research. Like so many times, economics trump nationalism.

Foreigners or not, they should be the ones to adapt. It's liberals who are making sure they don't have to. It creates more and more confusion as people are unable to communicate.
I don't disagree with you. I disagree with the OP stating it's a political issue, when it's an economical one. New York needs cabbies, they feel this is the way to provide them. Try to get the rent prices down (which implies government regulations) and then talk about this issue again.

So you want rent control in NY? Currently, something is worth whatever people are willing to pay. I don't think government should tell people what they can charge for something in demand. You'll end up with slumlords and crappy housing. Maintenance costs are high and if rent is low, there wouldn't be incentive for people to build or purchase apartment buildings and fix them up. I know people who do that. Just the cost of the building is high. The cost of remodeling is ridiculous. It's not all wealthy people who own rental property. Some rely on it for their living and there isn't always a lot left after the mortgage, building maintenance, insurance and property taxes. The maintenance alone can be crazy.

Tax money will come into play for rent controlled apartments. Otherwise, the maintenance would suffer greatly, as we've seen time and time again in some housing for the poor.

Instead of trying to tie it to something political, it might be a good idea to try to find out why so many are foreigners. Luckily for you I did. I found this
Former and current drivers said the trend could be traced in large part to changes in cab leasing terms in the 1970s. With rules that now often require much of a long day’s work — a standard shift is 12 hours — just to cover the daily rental rate, there is far less latitude for students, performers or other young New Yorkers to drive cabs for part of the day as supplemental income. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/10/nyregion/american-born-cabbies-a-vanishing-breed-in-city.html?_r=0
So before you try to blame a particular political party for it, you actually should do some research. Like so many times, economics trump nationalism.

Foreigners or not, they should be the ones to adapt. It's liberals who are making sure they don't have to. It creates more and more confusion as people are unable to communicate.
I don't disagree with you. I disagree with the OP stating it's a political issue, when it's an economical one. New York needs cabbies, they feel this is the way to provide them. Try to get the rent prices down (which implies government regulations) and then talk about this issue again.

So you want rent control in NY? Currently, something is worth whatever people are willing to pay. I don't think government should tell people what they can charge for something in demand. You'll end up with slumlords and crappy housing. Maintenance costs are high and if rent is low, there wouldn't be incentive for people to build or purchase apartment buildings and fix them up. I know people who do that. Just the cost of the building is high. The cost of remodeling is ridiculous. It's not all wealthy people who own rental property. Some rely on it for their living and there isn't always a lot left after the mortgage, building maintenance, insurance and property taxes. The maintenance alone can be crazy.

Tax money will come into play for rent controlled apartments. Otherwise, the maintenance would suffer greatly, as we've seen time and time again in some housing for the poor.
What I want is people, treating complex issues like actual complex issues, instead of boiling it down to partisan bullshit. Politicalchic is in that sense one of the worst people on this forum, everything is treated as partisan, I pointed out the reason cabbies in NY are mostly foreign born, so unless you disagree with that explanation, I suggest find a way to make being a cabby in NY something that is actual appealing to American born citizens.

What I want is people, treating complex issues like actual complex issues, instead of boiling it down to partisan bullshit. Politicalchic is in that sense one of the worst people on this forum, everything is treated as partisan, I pointed out the reason cabbies in NY are mostly foreign born, so unless you disagree with that explanation, I suggest find a way to make being a cabby in NY something that is actual appealing to American born citizens.

Being able to understand them is the best way to start. If you can't communicate, how can they help you? Would also help if they took a driver's course. I've had the shit scared out of me many times while riding in city taxis. Many don't seem to comprehend what all of the traffic signs mean.

Driving a taxi should be a pretty good paying job considering how much they take in and people usually tip. There is no reason why these jobs should be going to foreigners unless they've driven down wages, like they have in so many other areas. Used to make good money at factories and meat packing plants around here, but many illegals and non-English speaking foreigners offer to do the jobs cheap. It pushes out American workers. What used to be a great job with benefits is now a minimum wage, part time job. Companies went for the plentiful cheap labor, and that includes many Dem and liberal business owners.

".....treating complex issues like actual complex issues, instead of boiling it down to partisan bullshit. Politicalchic is in that sense one of the worst people on this forum, everything is treated as partisan,..."

Everything is partisan, you fool.

1. Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramschi’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

2. "The trouble with thinking that the personal is political, as late-1960s feminists taught American radicals to say, ... This fundamental tenet of identity politics, a shorthand way of saying that your personal unhappiness stems from larger political forces—anything from the suffocating nuclear family, the institutionalized oppression of women, or the supposedly ineradicable racism of American society—and that only vast political change can solve your individual problems."
Identity Politics Crashes at City Hall

You will never understand the world until you understand the above.

I've seen your posts.
You don't have the ability to understand them.

".....treating complex issues like actual complex issues, instead of boiling it down to partisan bullshit. Politicalchic is in that sense one of the worst people on this forum, everything is treated as partisan,..."

Everything is partisan, you fool.

1. Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramschi’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

2. "The trouble with thinking that the personal is political, as late-1960s feminists taught American radicals to say, ... This fundamental tenet of identity politics, a shorthand way of saying that your personal unhappiness stems from larger political forces—anything from the suffocating nuclear family, the institutionalized oppression of women, or the supposedly ineradicable racism of American society—and that only vast political change can solve your individual problems."
Identity Politics Crashes at City Hall

You will never understand the world until you understand the above.

I've seen your posts.
You don't have the ability to understand them.
Politics is about the ability to compromise, by condensing everything into a "us versus them" issue you make that ability that much harder. Not everything is black and white, in fact most things aren't. If you don't get that simple fact YOU will never understand the world.

Forum List

Back