"You're Embarrassing Yourself". Really?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Why do posters say this--and their variations-- on message boards?

BTW, I have noticed this is almost always said by liberals to conservatives. Isn't that an interesting piece of psychology? Most of us are anonymous here, and unless we're persisting in really flawed, objectively wrong thinking, publicly, using our real identity--what exactly is embarrassing?

Do these posters mean, "You disagree with me, and that should embarrass you"? Again, that's enlightening. Because it really reveals a penchant for conforming to groupthink. The underlying message here is: you're not thinking like the Approved Thinkers, and you should be embarrassed by that. You are an "object of derision" because you do not.

I find that so much more revealing of the poster who accuses than it is of the one who should be embarrassed. What are your thoughts?

I find that so much more revealing of the poster who accuses than it is of the one who should be embarrassed. What are your thoughts?

Yes I find your constant devolve towards ad hominems revealing , typical of those who lack the horespower to keep up

happy now Sue......?

~S~

Yes I find your constant devolve towards ad hominems revealing , typical of those who lack the horespower to keep up

happy now Sue......?

~S~

I can more than keep up, Sparky. For instance, in the last post, you countered a point I didn't even make. Since I'm a good writer, I call this "talking to your hand", which paints a good visual. That's not an ad hominem. That's giving you a visual of what you do when you don't actually respond to what I said.

happy now Sue......?

~S~

And yet didn't you turn this entire thread toward me, instead of the content of my OP?

Oh sparky....

happy now Sue......?

~S~

And yet didn't you turn this entire thread toward me, instead of the content of my OP?

Oh sparky....
The OP is about you otherwise you would not have put so much thought into such a platitudinous topic.

happy now Sue......?

~S~

Oh sparky....
The OP is about you otherwise you would not have put so much thought into such a platitudinous topic.

I know you can't stop thinking about me Erin but try to get a new perspective

So far, no one has any thoughts other than reflections on Sweet Sue? Anyone want to say, "This is why I say you're embarrassing yourself and it's not because I conform to groupthink."

Because I'm all ears.

BTW, I have noticed this is almost always said by liberals to conservatives. Isn't that an interesting piece of psychology? Most of us are anonymous here, and unless we're persisting in really flawed, objectively wrong thinking, publicly, using our real identity--what exactly is embarrassing?

Do these posters mean, "You disagree with me, and that should embarrass you"? Again, that's enlightening. Because it really reveals a penchant for conforming to groupthink. The underlying message here is: you're not thinking like the Approved Thinkers, and you should be embarrassed by that. You are an "object of derision" because you do not.

You’re embarrassing yourself

There becomes a point when social media devolves into mindless entertainment rather than a crutch for crafting an actual narrative. The latter is a skillset. A natural gift even. There's a lot to say about it. It's too gosh darned early in the morning, though. Ha.

Groupthink. But we knew that.

Did you know, when you became a liberal, you were subscribing to groupthink? I'm curious

although i first thought the OP was about someone finally told donny that out loud, so he wouldn't dig himself an even deeper hole because of some ridiculous thing he said (again) & then doubled down on (again)....

anyhoo - i've seen that phrase used from time to time on here & it's usually because of some rwnj regurgitating alternative facts not based in reality because they really REALLY think they know 'the truth' about whatever it is they think they know even after mutiple fact checking reveal they are full of shit.

There becomes a point when social media devolves into mindless entertainment rather than a crutch for crafting an actual narrative. The latter is a skillset. A natural gift even. There's a lot to say about it. It's too gosh darned early in the morning, though. Ha.

It's uncanny to me how a certain subset of drones just swallow the narrative, yes? They parrot things like "you're embarrassing yourself" without ever thinking about what the words MEAN. To whom? Who is embarrassed, you? For me? What does that mean?

Well, it means they're looking for approval. How sad is that really? From whom are they looking for approval?

Their betters, right? They're here, saying the "right things", parroting the "right talking points"....for approval. I am not, therefore I should be "embarrassed". Or as one poster told me this morning, "I'm a subject of derision".

And seriously, what sad Junior High existence they live, typing words on a cyber forum they hope will be approved by an invisible audience.

While they MOCK US for believing in God.

Unbelievable.

Did you know, when you became a liberal, you were subscribing to groupthink? I'm curious

i'm curious suzy, do you think that our military hasn't had a raise in 10 years & that trump will be giving them a 10% raise like he said yesterday whilst doing a PR rally in iraq?

although i first thought the OP was about someone finally told donny that out loud, so he wouldn't dig himself an even deeper hole because of some ridiculous thing he said (again) & then doubled down on (again)....

anyhoo - i've seen that phrase used from time to time on here & it's usually because of some rwnj regurgitating alternative facts not based in reality because they really REALLY think they know 'the truth' about whatever it is they think they know even after mutiple fact checking reveal they are full of shit.

To be fair I think Holocaust Denial is embarrassing, and I tell one poster so in particular. But I'm not spouting any theories like that. I told a poster that when colonists took up arms against the British and took on American citizenship, they ceased being Welsh. I also said Trump U did not give out teaching degrees. For THAT I was told I was, and I quote, a "subject of derision".

i'm curious suzy, do you think that our military hasn't had a raise in 10 years & that trump will be giving them a 10% raise like he said yesterday whilst doing a PR rally in iraq?

I don't know and I'm not caught up on that news. But even so, if I disagreed, the first thing I would say is NOT "you're embarrassing yourself" or "you're a subject of derision". Because again, let's not fool ourselves. We are not actually onstage here. There is no Greek Chorus.

But--Leftists, I am convinced--really DO think they are performing for their betters.

happy now Sue......?

~S~

Oh sparky....

I know you can't stop thinking about me Erin but try to get a new perspective
I have a fresh perspective every day that I am fortunate enough to wake up. Again the OP is about you. And please, stop trying to be so condescending. You're not very good at it.

Forum List

Back