YOWZAH! Congress plays hardball. House votes to delay bulk ammunition purchase by DHS

The has got to be a tipping point. There simply must be a point where these people stop believing the lies.

I have faith in my fellow Americans.

C'mon, people. Lets try harder.

What's wild and crazy to ask why they are purchasing these huge amounts of ammo?

And what's wild and crazy about Congress asking what this is going to cost the taxpayer?

Because they're not purchasing "huge amounts of ammo".

They're purchasing the same amount of ammo they've always purchased.

I own 21 different types of guns, from .50 Desert Eagle to a AA-12 assault shotgun.

No one uses anything but the cheapest ammo for target practice, unless it's a home-private experiment to test the penetration and effectiveness of the ammo. I seriously doubt the DHS needs 1+ billions sounds for experiments and testing of the ammunition.

Please provide the evidence the DHS has bought 1 billion rounds of ammo.

Good luck with that.

What's wild and crazy to ask why they are purchasing these huge amounts of ammo?

Because they have not actually bought 1 billion rounds. Not even close. That's a lie you have swallowed whole.

And what's wild and crazy about Congress asking what this is going to cost the taxpayer?

Can you say with a straight face you have EVER been concerned about the hundreds of billions of dollars spent on DHS since 9/11? Huh?

No one is fooled by this sudden faux concern about money.

Asking questions like that...when the answers are readily available and have been made public....is a form of partisan bullshit.

Asking questions with the hope that the answer reveals a plot to destroy America is a weird nutjob fetish.

Gee looking at the first responses that anyone who just wants to know the why of the large purchases let alone what the freaking cost might be to the American taxpayer is now a retard or pandering to the retard vote.

"This is a responsible amendment which ensures that Congress and the American people are aware of the necessity and the cost of ammunition prior to entering into new contracts for procurement."

OMG! Congress just asking for accountability from DHS makes them wild and crazy wingnuts!!

:lol:

House votes to delay bulk ammunition purchase by DHS - The Hill's Floor Action

This isn't about the cost, you disingenous fool.

It's about this:
Meadows said the speed bump is a necessary reaction to news of the huge purchase, which alarmed many Americans and prompted conservative groups to suspect that the government was stocking up on the rounds to fight citizens.

It is about pandering to paranoid fucking retards.

Oh bullshit. It's fair to question these major purchases and their cost.

Do you whackjob shitheads even know how many people are employed by DHS? Any clue? Do you have any idea how big a Cabinet level department Bush created? Huh?

And why are there that many members of DHS? Any clue?

The occupation of foreign countries hasn't stopped terrorism, neither will the occupation of the United States stop terrorism. In fact, the United States is actively working with Al Queda in Syria...

Big DHS budget:
"The President's Budget for 2003- the Federal government's first post-September 11 budget- reflects his absolute commitment to achieving a more secure homeland. The FY 2003 Budget directs $37.7 billion to homeland security, up from $19.5 billion in 2002. This mass infusion of Federal resources reflects the priority the President has attached to the homeland security agenda."

Securing the Homeland, Strengthening the Nation | Homeland Security

Even bigger the next year:
"The President's 2004 Budget provides the necessary resources for the Department to succeed. The budget includes a total of $36.2 billion, 7.4 percent more than the 2003 level and over 64 percent more than the FY 2002 level for these activities."

DHS Budget in Brief - Fiscal Year 2004 | Homeland Security

The Fiscal Year 2005 budget for the Department of Homeland Security builds upon the significant investments to date that improve our safeguards against terrorism, while also sustaining the many important departmental activities not directly related to our fight against terrorism. The President's budget clearly demonstrates the continuing priority placed on Homeland Security in requesting total new resources for FY 2005 of $40.2 billion. This is an increase of 10% above the comparable FY 2004 resource level. This includes all sources of funding, such as discretionary and mandatory appropriations, offsetting collections from user fees, and trust funds.

DHS Budget in Brief - Fiscal Year 2005 | Homeland Security

The President’s FY 2006 budget request includes a total of $41.1 billion for the Department of Homeland Security. This is an increase in total budgetary authority of 7 percent over the enacted FY 2005 funding, excluding Project BioShield, and clearly demonstrates the Administration’s continued commitment to making further improvements in the nation’s homeland security. Among the operating entities with significant budgetary increases are Immigration and Customs Enforcement (a 13.5 percent increase) and the U.S. Coast Guard (an increase of more than 9 percent, adjusting for transferred programs). The budget also streamlines screening programs, increasing resources for these activities under a new screening office by 68 percent.

DHS Budget in Brief - Fiscal Year 2006 | Homeland Security

Even bigger the next year: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/Budget_BIB-FY2007.pdf

Still bigger the next year: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/budget_bib-fy2008.pdf

So don't give me this shit about the cost of the ammo.

The Congressman is pandering to paranoid retards.

Last edited:
Do you whackjob shitheads even know how many people are employed by DHS? Any clue? Do you have any idea how big a Cabinet level department Bush created? Huh?

The occupation of foreign countries hasn't stopped terrorism, neither will the occupation of the United States stop terrorism. In fact, the United States is actively working with Al Queda in Syria...

DHS isn't a club. It doesn't have "members".

It has employees - and it has so many because DHS swallowed 22 different federal agencies when it was formed, including an entire branch of the military.

It certainly is "conspiracy stuff", although I prefer the term "bullshit".

Conspiracy stuff....using them on citizens, etc. Actually trying to purchase ammo....yeah, that's a true story.

Of course they're buying ammo.

But its the same amount of ammo they've purchased in previous years.

2006-08 approx 766 million rounds were purchased. In 2003, 450 million rounds were purchased. The 2013 order would be consistent with the previous contract but not the order placed in 2003.

Up, up, and awaaaaayyyyyyy...

539z7t.gif

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/budget_bib_fy2010.pdf

Last edited:

It has employees - and it has so many because DHS swallowed 22 different federal agencies when it was formed, including an entire branch of the military.

And how exactly was this a response to my post?

Was that a troll from a Super Mod?

No, it was a response to the OP.

On-topic and everything.

Uhhhh, with all due respect, how does calling the OP willfully ignorant pertain to the topic? Simply referring to it as "populist nonsense" does not address the topic directly.

I wasn't calling the OP "willfully ignorant". I was calling the bill being discussed in the OP willfully ignorant and populist nonsense, and I was discussing how the OP was cheering for it.

So...how many hundreds of billions of dollars have Bush and his GOP Congress, and Obama and his Democratic Congress, spent on the Department of Homeland Security?

And NOW you are complaining about the ammo expense? Really?

Idiots.

And how exactly was this a response to my post?

You asked:

I answered.

The Congressman is pandering to the paranoid retards who drink Alex Jones' piss, plain and simple. People for whom critical thinking is alien technology.

The retards have reached critical mass.

We're seriously fucked.

Forum List

Back