YOWZAH! Congress plays hardball. House votes to delay bulk ammunition purchase by DHS

No, it was a response to the OP.

On-topic and everything.

Uhhhh, with all due respect, how does calling the OP willfully ignorant pertain to the topic? Simply referring to it as "populist nonsense" does not address the topic directly.

I wasn't calling the OP "willfully ignorant". I was calling the bill being discussed in the OP willfully ignorant and populist nonsense, and I was discussing how the OP was cheering for it.

Perhaps, if I may suggest, you might use a bit of context next time. Oh hey, but whatever man, I'm not the free speech police.

No, it was a response to the OP.

On-topic and everything.

Uhhhh, with all due respect, how does calling the OP willfully ignorant pertain to the topic? Simply referring to it as "populist nonsense" does not address the topic directly.

I wasn't calling the OP "willfully ignorant". I was calling the bill being discussed in the OP willfully ignorant and populist nonsense, and I was discussing how the OP was cheering for it.

Agreed.

This is yet another example of a partisan republican House motivated solely by partisan politics. It’s a ‘solution’ in search of a non-existent ‘problem.’

In addition to being a waste of time, the proposed legislation is tailored only for consumption by the base, those foolish enough to by into the lie that DHS or any other Federal agency is ‘stockpiling’ ammunition to either keep it out of the hands of citizens, to use against citizens, or both.

It never fails. Nutters are attracted to acts of grandstanding like flies to shit.

Yay! Go get em' boys! Do something to make the job of anyone in the Obama administration more difficult! Yeeeeeeehaawwwww!

Never happen---Obama does whatever he wants.

Investigations have already started in April.

The DHS has caused controversy over the last year by purchasing nearly 2 billion rounds of mostly hollow point ammunition that would be delivered over the course of five years.

This is an unusually large amount of ammunition for a federal law enforcement agency to be buying. The DHS has stated that the rounds are for training agents and are bought in bulk to save money.

Many have rejected this explanation, however, as hollow points typically cost more than full metal jacket rounds, which are also more traditionally used for target practice.

Also stoking controversy has been the DHS's secrecy regarding the purchases.

Many in Congress attempted to gain information about the purchases from the agency only to be ignored, though Congress and the Government Accountability Office both began investigations into the matter in April.*

While regarded by many as a conspiracy theory and internet rumor, the solicitations for purchases can be viewed at the Fed Biz Ops website.

Other controversial purchases by the DHS include 7,000 fully automatic assault rifles, nearly 3,000 MRAP vehicles designed to withstand mine blasts and paper targets depicting Americans that includes a pregnant woman and children.

U.S. House of Representatives votes to delay future DHS bulk ammo purchases - National Government | Examiner.com

Agreed.

This is yet another example of a partisan republican House motivated solely by partisan politics. It’s a ‘solution’ in search of a non-existent ‘problem.’

In addition to being a waste of time, the proposed legislation is tailored only for consumption by the base, those foolish enough to by into the lie that DHS or any other Federal agency is ‘stockpiling’ ammunition to either keep it out of the hands of citizens, to use against citizens, or both.

Wow, here comes the asskissing.

Can you point out specifically in the legislation where it says it is "tailored only for consumption by the base"? Given the attitudes of the current administration regarding gun control, don't you find your statement a bit... malinformed?

Agreed.

Can you point out specifically in the legislation where it says it is "tailored only for consumption by the base"? Given the attitudes of the current administration regarding gun control, don't you find your statement a bit... malinformed?

All certain lib posters do on this board anymore is name call and make derisive comments.

Of course we're all crazy for wanting to know what government agencies are doing with taxpayer money.

I mean look how far fetched it would be to consider lavish spending by the IRS for example. Truly, how crazy would it be to consider the IRS ever doing anything wrong
ever!

:lol:

From the examiner article I just put up.

Many in Congress attempted to gain information about the purchases from the agency only to be ignored, though Congress and the Government Accountability Office both began investigations into the matter in April.*

U.S. House of Representatives votes to delay future DHS bulk ammo purchases - National Government | Examiner.com

Gee, I'm surprised that the sequester didn't cut their ammo budget. It seems to have affected every other thing, according to Obama.

Gee, I'm surprised that the sequester didn't cut their ammo budget. It seems to have affected every other thing, according to Obama.

I was reading earlier today that the sequester didn't stop bonuses to Federal Employees. Over 300 million paid out.

Agreed.

All certain lib posters do on this board anymore is name call and make derisive comments.

Of course we're all crazy for wanting to know what government agencies are doing with taxpayer money.

I mean look how far fetched it would be to consider lavish spending by the IRS for example. Truly, how crazy would it be to consider the IRS ever doing anything wrong
ever!

If only liberals would remove their oral sphincter from the gluteus maximus of the liberal sitting next to them, perhaps they'd feel compulsed to do their own research. :D

ever!

If only liberals would remove their oral sphincter from the gluteus maximus of the liberal sitting next to them, perhaps they'd feel compulsed to do their own research. :D

I have to keep reminding myself these are the same liberals posting threads like

"Issa's a big meanie and the IRS is innocent really truly it's a GOP fabrication".

BTW.

The investigation appears to be a big deal into the ammo spending.

The Government Accountability Office tells Whispers it is now investigating large ammunition purchases made by the Department of Homeland Security. Chuck Young, a spokesman for GAO, says the investigation of the purchases is "just getting underway."

The congressional investigative agency is jumping into the fray just as legislation was introduced in both the Senate and the House to restrict the purchase of ammo by some government agencies (except the Department of Defense).

The AMMO Act, introduced Friday, would prevent agencies from buying more ammunition if "stockpiles" are greater than what they were in previous administrations.

Donelle Harder, a spokeswoman for Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., who introduced the legislation in the Senate, tells Whispers the bill would also require GAO to share the findings of its report on DHS purchases with Congress.

GAO Now Investigating DHS Ammo Purchases - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Do you whackjob shitheads even know how many people are employed by DHS? Any clue? Do you have any idea how big a Cabinet level department Bush created? Huh?

Any clue how much money is spent on it since 9/11?

That's funny, I never heard you bitching about a single penny being spent on DHS.

Do you really think anyone is fooled by the claim this amendment is about the cost of some ammo?

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA~!

Christ, you are eating YOUR OWN MANUFACTURED BULLSHIT!

bush.jpg

Forum List

Back