California lawmakers once again introduce universal health care bill

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
California's universal health care will be run by the same government that runs the hugely successful high speed rail that goes from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

California lawmakers once again introduce universal health care bill​

April 25, 2024

California lawmakers have once again introduced a universal health care bill after unsuccessful attempts in the past.

The bill’s latest iteration, formally known as AB 2200, would establish the framework for a single-payer, state-run coverage system called CalCare to control health care costs for all Californians.

“The bill, among other things, would provide that CalCare cover a wide range of medical benefits and other services and would incorporate the health care benefits and standards of other existing federal and state provisions, including the federal Children’s Health Insurance Program, Medi-Cal, ancillary health care or social services covered by regional centers for persons with developmental disabilities, Knox-Keene, and the federal Medicare,” according to the bill’s text.

California's universal health care will be run by the same government that runs the hugely successful high speed rail that goes from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

April 25, 2024

California lawmakers have once again introduced a universal health care bill after unsuccessful attempts in the past.

The bill’s latest iteration, formally known as AB 2200, would establish the framework for a single-payer, state-run coverage system called CalCare to control health care costs for all Californians.

“The bill, among other things, would provide that CalCare cover a wide range of medical benefits and other services and would incorporate the health care benefits and standards of other existing federal and state provisions, including the federal Children’s Health Insurance Program, Medi-Cal, ancillary health care or social services covered by regional centers for persons with developmental disabilities, Knox-Keene, and the federal Medicare,” according to the bill’s text.
do you live there fred?.....

April 25, 2024

That's awesome!

I wish more US states would follow California's example. I have been preaching for a universal healthcare system for years! I really got say California is making some great steps in the right direction. The $20/hr minimum wage and the Universal Healthcare should go a long ways to help out those who struggle. I really pat California law makers on the back for this one. I am proud of what they are trying to do, more US states need to follow their example.

That's awesome!

I wish more US states would follow California's example. I have been preaching for a universal healthcare system for years! I really got say California is making some great steps in the right direction. The $20/hr minimum wage and the Universal Healthcare should go a long ways to help out those who struggle. I really pat California law makers on the back for this one. I am proud of what they are trying to do, more US states need to follow their example.
You do realize 10,000 fast food workers have been laid off since the $20/hr minimum wage started? The View didn't tell you that part?

I would guess you are being sarcastic because there is no high speed rail in California, even though California has spent $30 billion on one in the last 10 years.

Everyone has always had health care, medicare and medicaid

Youngsters rarely need a doctor so there is that as well
First off your assuming many low wage workers are youngsters. That is false. My wife is middle aged and has worked low waged fast food jobs all her life and some of her co-workers who work fast food are middle aged two.

Second lots of youngsters need doctors. Younger workers get sick a lot too and have all kinds of health issues like diabetes. Even when I was a younger worker I had a lot of health issues. There was never that I rarely needed a doctor because I was young, I had all kinds of health problems all my life starting from the day I was born. When I was younger I had no health insurance because I couldn't afford it, but I still had many ER room visits that cost a fortune that I didn't pay for because I was broke and had no money.

What is this everyone has always had health care? I know all kinds of people with no healhcare because they can't afford it. These are not just younger workers, but many middle aged workers.

Universal healthcare is the best thing for the US.

Last edited:
First off your assuming many low wage workers are youngsters. That is false. My wife is middle aged and has worked low waged fast food jobs all her life and some of her co-workers who work fast food are middle aged two.

Second lots of youngsters need doctors. Younger workers get sick a lot too and have all kinds of health issues like diabetes. Even when I was a younger worker I had a lot of health issues. There was never that I rarely needed a doctor because I was young, I had all kinds of health problems all my life starting from the day I was born. When I was younger I had no health insurance because I couldn't afford it, but I still had many ER room visits that cost a fortune that I didn't pay for because I was broke and had no money.

What is this everyone has always had health care? I know all kinds of people with no healhcare because they can't afford it. These are not just younger workers, but many middle aged workers.
Learn the difference between healthcare and health insurance. Do not vote until you understand it.

A state that exists on trade from East Asia. Slave workers in those nations making products for us and it goes through California ports. Imports massively more than exports. And ours more agrarian. It is a good amount of the California economy with employment in all ways related.

Learn the difference between healthcare and health insurance. Do not vote until you understand it.
Hey thanks for the advice :)

I work in healthcare and I am getting a my 2nd masters degree in healthcare.

Many healthcare workers like myself fully support socialized medicine. I come from a family of nurses and we all vote democrat and will continue voting democrat :)

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the advice :)

I work in healthcare and I am getting a my 2nd masters degree in healthcare.

Many healthcare workers like myself fully support socialized medicine. I come from a family of nurses and we all vote democrat and will continue voting democrat :)
Excellent example college doesn’t make one smart.

That's awesome!

Let me guess! You live in California and don't have healthcare!

Forum List

Back