George Conway says he doesn't think Ron DeSantis will run for president because there's no 'upside' to wading into a 'mud fest to end all mud fests'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This would make sense. A run in 2024 would pit DeSantis against Trump in the primaries, and millions of Trump supporters would end up hating DeSantis if he won, and many if not most would probably not be there for the general election.
One way or another Trump is likely to be out of the way in 2028, and would give DeSantis much more support with Trump gone from the scene.

• George Conway doesn't think Ron DeSantis will run for president.
  • Conway said he did not see any upside for DeSantis to wade into a "mud fest" with Trump.
  • He said it's more likely that DeSantis, who is 44, could run in 2028.
Lawyer and political pundit George Conway said he does not think Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will run for president against Donald Trump in 2024.

In an appearance on MSNBC on Sunday, Conway said he thought DeSantis would reconsider a 2024 run since any fight with the former president would be "brutal."

"The way you take on Trump is to go after him hammer and tong, and Trump is going to go right back," said Conway, a political commentator married to Trump aide Kellyanne Conway. "It's going to be the mud fest to end all mud fests. And for DeSantis, I don't see what the upside is for him to

Assuming Trump runs, I would like for some solid republicans to challenge him in the primaries. If Trump wins the republican nomination, I'm quite sure I'd vote for him over Biden or whoever the Democrats run for president. That said, Trump carries too much baggage.
why all this focus on Trump's baggage?

compared to bidim's baggage, he hardly seems to have any

Trump looks like a saint in comparison

why all this focus on Trump's baggage?

compared to bidim's baggage, he hardly seems to have any

Trump looks like a saint in comparison
I will certainly not vote for Biden for many reasons including "baggage". That said, the way I read this thread, it's not about Biden, it's about Trump and DeSantis.

Assuming Trump runs, I would like for some solid republicans to challenge him in the primaries. If Trump wins the republican nomination, I'm quite sure I'd vote for him over Biden or whoever the Democrats run for president. That said, Trump carries too much baggage.
I don't think Trump can win again. DeSantis can.

If Trump runs?
Trump running is certain if he's still alive or he is confident that he can beat DeSantis.

Trump won't walk into a losing proposition.

DeSantis can't beat Trump head to head and so he won't run if Trump runs.

There's no longer any doubt that DeSantis is afraid to challenge Trump's cheap shots by taking a shot of his own!

I don't think Trump can win again. DeSantis can.
You may very well be right. I think Trump can win if he runs against a weak candidate such as Biden or Harris. He can also loose against Biden or Harris.

DeSantis against Biden or Harris should result in a DeSantis landslide victory. That said, elections are fickle and I have learned not to bet on elections.

This would make sense. A run in 2024 would pit DeSantis against Trump in the primaries, and millions of Trump supporters would end up hating DeSantis if he won, and many if not most would probably not be there for the general election.
One way or another Trump is likely to be out of the way in 2028, and would give DeSantis much more support with Trump gone from the scene.

Why doesnt Fatboy actually do something for a change and run himself???

Who is "Fatboy"?
1668450915505.png

You may very well be right. I think Trump can win if he runs against a weak candidate such as Biden or Harris. He can also loose against Biden or Harris.

DeSantis against Biden or Harris should result in a DeSantis landslide victory. That said, elections are fickle and I have learned not to bet on elections.
You're starting to see the light that can shine through the denial of the facts!

The fact is, somehow Trump has to be gotten out of the way so that DeSantis can start to look like a contender.

Has DeSantis even had the courage to hint at being the one who takes away Trump's crown?

Democrats have already been lying trying to agitate a war between Trump and DeSantis. They would use their media to destroy both.
No doubt that the demonrats can benefit by a war between Trump and DeSantis.

But really, has DeSantis even dared to suggest that he's a contender for the crown?

Trump obviously needs to be moved aside soon or people will start getting the impression that DeSantis doesn't want it.

I think the Kari Lake runoff is huge right now and that will bring Trump out of his closet. Depending on how that spins out, DeSantis is going to have to make a move, or at the very least, a hint?

No doubt that the demonrats can benefit by a war between Trump and DeSantis.

But really, has DeSantis even dared to suggest that he's a contender for the crown?

Trump obviously needs to be moved aside soon or people will start getting the impression that DeSantis doesn't want it.

I think the Kari Lake runoff is huge right now and that will bring Trump out of his closet. Depending on how that spins out, DeSantis is going to have to make a move, or at the very least, a hint?
Conway like Luntz is nothing to a growing amount of Repub voters. Unfortunately, they are of the power elite.

Why is it always Trump or DeSantis? Texas Gov Greg Abbott just won his third term in Texas, which is actually redder than Florida, yet no one mentions him.

Conway?
He's a founding member of 'The Lincoln Project', I doubt there are any Republicans that would vote for him for anything outside of dog catcher. Maybe shoot him, that would be more like it.

Forum List

Back