Is it unpatriotic to fly foreign flags during a session of the US Congress?

As far as I know, no foreign flag has ever been raised during a congressional session.

Yet when the Ukraine aid bill was passed, almost every Democrat in Congress was waving a Ukrainian flag and chanting "Ukraine! Ukraine!"

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’​

"House Democrats have come under fire for waving the Ukrainian flag in the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives during a vote to approve $60 billion in aid for the country’s defense.

"Ukrainian flags fly in the chamber of the UNITED STATES House of Representatives as they vote to send more of your hard-earned money to a corrupt foreign regime," Sen Rand Paul, R-Ky., said in a post on X Saturday. "And just like that they shout ‘UKRAINE! UKRAINE!’ while happily working to secure Ukraine’s borders, not ours."

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’

View attachment 936014
no worse than the confederate and nazi flags carried there by your q anon tourists.

proper" flag etiquette is maintained if the us flag (seen just behind the speaker) is highest.

Since he served in the IDF, I see no problem with that.

How many of those Democrats waving Uke flags are going to go fight for Ukraine?

BTW: Your keyboard is still ganky. You should have broke down and bought a new one over the weekend.
So if we had Chinese-American and an Iranian-American Congressmen, it'd be patriotic for them to wear their Chinese Army uniform and Iranian Army uniforms respectively, right!?!??

Does anyone really believe a tiny country like Ukraine is going to defeat Russia?

So what's you exit plan, other than a battle of attrition between both side, and keeping the war going?

What are you going to do when there are no longer any military-age males left alive in Ukraine? Send our troops there to do the fighting for them?

Something tells me you folks haven't thought this out very well. Thoughts, prayers, feelz, a buttload of money doesn't necessarily win wars. We've already had too many failed "nation-building" ventures and proxy wars, and this one is no different from all the others.
What’s the alternative?

Just let Russia take over? You’d like that...wouldn’t you Yuri?

As far as I know, no foreign flag has ever been raised during a congressional session.

Yet when the Ukraine aid bill was passed, almost every Democrat in Congress was waving a Ukrainian flag and chanting "Ukraine! Ukraine!"

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’​

"House Democrats have come under fire for waving the Ukrainian flag in the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives during a vote to approve $60 billion in aid for the country’s defense.

"Ukrainian flags fly in the chamber of the UNITED STATES House of Representatives as they vote to send more of your hard-earned money to a corrupt foreign regime," Sen Rand Paul, R-Ky., said in a post on X Saturday. "And just like that they shout ‘UKRAINE! UKRAINE!’ while happily working to secure Ukraine’s borders, not ours."

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’

View attachment 936014

Not sure it is unpatriotic, but it is odd as hell.

No.
America First, you brainwashed minion.

Being critical of our involvement isn't supporting Russia. That is a lie for mindless fools. Propaganda that is designed to shut down debate.
You just typed "America Last" you unpatriotic son-of-a-bitch.

Go blow it out your ass!!

Tax some billionaires, at a rate higher than we tax garbage collectors.

Problem solved.

The Trump culitsts here would rather surrender to fascism than tax the lazy parasite rich. That's how screwed up they are.
So, they spend trillions of dollars and you want to take a few billion?

I'm not the best in math, but I don't think that will work very well dolt.

The US government owes about $35 trillion in debt, so to put that into context, the universe is only around 15 billion years old.

Yeah. It was a slam on Congress, you simple minded fool.
We are spending deficit dollars on endless wars.
They are the unpatriotic assholes you sad, stupid fool.
You will NEVER ever see me type "America Last."

Either in jest or whatever.

I'll leave that for un-patriotic SOBs like you.

You make me sick!

spits on the ground

What’s the alternative?

Just let Russia take over? You’d like that...wouldn’t you Yuri?

Unlike yourselves, I live in the world of reality.

Please feel free to explain the possible scenario where Russia surrenders to Ukraine and says "Ok, just let us keep Donetsk and Luhansk, and we'll be best friends forever"?

Forum List

Back