Zone1 Mormons are fine, but I have to call BS on the golden plates story.

Constantine the Roman Emperor got that stuff started around 300-320 AD. Before that, nobody knows of a written new testament.

Yes....and why did they do that ?

The left out a lot books (the apocrypha). Why ?

These are rhetorical questions so you don't need to answer.

Not sure on the timing of the Dead Sea Scrolls (not something I've spent a great deal of time on. If they were before the time of Moses, then they were before the Torah.....However, Moses would have gotten his info from somewhere.

I'll do a little looking.

But I am still not sure what this is supposed to mean. What point you are trying to make.

BTW: I found your Nat Geo reference.

The Dead Sea scrolls are from 200-150 BC. Nothing was written for 800 years after the death of Moses and the Dead Sea scrolls are much, much younger than that.

The Dead Sea scrolls are from 200-150 BC. Nothing was written for 800 years after the death of Moses and the Dead Sea scrolls are much, much younger than that.

The Book of Isaiah was written around 700 B.C. (or that is when Isaiah lived). He didn't speak of Christ ?

Yes....and why did they do that ?

The left out a lot books (the apocrypha). Why ?

These are rhetorical questions so you don't need to answer.
The new Testament was started by Constantine but it took many years for the text we now read to be what is used.

See, you are smart enough to ask questions. As far as I know, I do not really know about GOD and believe men make lots of changes.
If you knew the history of the translation of the King James Version of the Bible, then you may have more confidence in the end result. It wasn't just a couple of dudes who bumbled about making a mistake-ridden translation but, rather, more than 50 men who checked, double-checked, and triple-checked each other's work before producing the best Bible known to mankind. That Bible hasn't changed since the 1600s (although the Apocrypha has been removed from most modern copies).

With the exception of his son's Atonement, can share an example of something that He accomplished, through men, that was perfect ?

And I guess I have to ask what do you mean by perfect.
The Bible.

The Bible is perfect because it accomplishes God's goal, perfectly. That is ... it contains the gospel message and provides mankind with the necessary knowledge to attain eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.

If any mistakes were made they were made when men began to teach as works-based salvation instead of a faith-based salvation.

The Book of Isaiah was written around 700 B.C. (or that is when Isaiah lived). He didn't speak of Christ ?
Isaiah (along with all the Old Testament Prophets) most certainly did foretell the coming of Christ the Savior. Only anti-Christ would say differently.

If you knew the history of the translation of the King James Version of the Bible, then you may have more confidence in the end result. It wasn't just a couple of dudes who bumbled about making a mistake-ridden translation but, rather, more than 50 men who checked, double-checked, and triple-checked each other's work before producing the best Bible known to mankind. That Bible hasn't changed since the 1600s (although the Apocrypha has been removed from most modern copies).
Here in this video you learn something far more important than discussing books.

The Bible is perfect because it accomplishes God's goal, perfectly.

What about the people who didn't have the bible when they lived.

Those before Christ ?

Those after Christ but before the Bible.

It didn't do so well then because it didn't exist.

Forum List

Back