Political Cartoon

1713382325741.png

BREAKING: Comedian Jon Stewart brutally shreds Donald Trump for his truly idiotic remarks about the Battle of Gettysburg, joking that he "plagiarized" the speech from his "7th grade book report."

And Stewart wasn't done there...

"Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was. The Battle of Gettysburg," Trump said during a campaign event over the weekend at Schnecksville, Pennsylvania.

"What an unbelievable..." he rambled on. "I mean, it was so much and so interesting, and so vicious, and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow."

Stewart ripped into the former president's senseless remarks during a segment on The Daily Show.

"That is plagiarized almost directly from my 7th grade book report: ‘Gettysburg. Wow,'" Stewart joked.

"It was vicious, and horrible and beautiful," he mocked impersonating Trump.

"Is he talking about a Civil War battle or a horse giving birth? 'It was bloody but it's life,'" he added.
Stewart also played another part of Trump's mess of a speech—

"I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania to look and to watch and uh the statement of Robert E. Lee, who's no longer in favor did you ever notice that? No longer in favor. 'Never fight uphill me boys! Never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill. He said 'Wow that was a big mistake.' He lost his great general and they were fighting. 'Never fight uphill me boys!'" said Trump.

"It is true, the North did have the higher ground, but I’m pretty sure that Robert E. Lee was not a leprechaun," joked Stewart, before affecting an Irish accent to say: "Ah, never fight uphill me boys! That's not how to take back the North's pot of gold! You can't be fighting uphill me boys."

"Also minor point, but I'm pretty sure that Robert E. Lee would not have told them never fight uphill since he's the one who told them to f*cking fight uphill!" said Stewart.

"He wasn't like 'Eh, you know, there they go up the hill. I'm gonna be so mad if they do that, if they go up the hill," said Stewart.

"[General] Longstreet actually told them don't go up the hill but Robert E. Lee said 'Oh me boys will do what they want,'" added Stewart.

May be an image of 2 people, the Oval Office and text that says 'MAKE MAKEANACH MAKE AMER GREAT GREAT AGAR'

Forum List

Back