Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

Why is it that you religious zealots insist on imposing your Dark Ages attitudes on others?

you kill 60 million without remorse and accuse me of having a Dark Age attitude?......
I haven't killed anything. You zealots should spend a little time and form coherent sentences before you make a fool of yourself.

The fact is, the laws of the US relative to abortion provide a reasonable compromise in terms of women's health and reasonable protections to a developing fetus.

Your position is one of an extremist and the majority of Americans understand that there are conflicting interests such that Roe v. Wade provides a reasonable compromise.

How many babies did the gawds you worship kill per the flood tale? It's comical to read your hysterical and phony allusions to caring about a developing fetus when you worship various gawds who slaughtered an entire planet of humanity.

How dare God wipe out all evil, corruption and violence that was in the world.
It is his Creation and his to do with as he wishes.
This one he did with a flood, the one coming in the not to far off future will be with fire.
2 Timothy 3:2
For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred.
Right. You're perfectly fine with serial mass murder.

NO the left is fine with that.
Which is what women are doing when they have an abortion just because they don't want to be pregnant and it's inconvenient and uncomfortable.
The attitude of I'm getting rid of the blob because I don't want stretch marks and sore boobs.
It is this type that many of us are against for abortions.
Reasonable abortions most of us do not have a problem with.

If you want to have an abortion because it's inconvenient you should pay for it.
If you want an abortion for just convince you should pay for it not all of the taxpayers.
If all abortions were really about the life of the mother or rape, the pro-life contingent would be very small.

Since when is rape or incest finishing what someone started? This is the one of a great many issues that you religious zealots fail to address and cannot account for.
why is it that baby killers think that 100% of abortions are the result of rape?......the actual number is 1%.....why do you need to kill 100 children for every woman who is raped?......
Why is it that you religious zealots insist on imposing your Dark Ages attitudes on others?

you kill 60 million without remorse and accuse me of having a Dark Age attitude?......
I haven't killed anything. You zealots should spend a little time and form coherent sentences before you make a fool of yourself.

The fact is, the laws of the US relative to abortion provide a reasonable compromise in terms of women's health and reasonable protections to a developing fetus.

Your position is one of an extremist and the majority of Americans understand that there are conflicting interests such that Roe v. Wade provides a reasonable compromise.

How many babies did the gawds you worship kill per the flood tale? It's comical to read your hysterical and phony allusions to caring about a developing fetus when you worship various gawds who slaughtered an entire planet of humanity.

This one he did with a flood, the one coming in the not to far off future will be with fire.
For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred.
Were the children your gawds drowned per the flood tale really evil, corrupt and violent?

why is it that baby killers think that 100% of abortions are the result of rape?......the actual number is 1%.....why do you need to kill 100 children for every woman who is raped?......

Were the children your gawds drowned per the flood tale really evil, corrupt and violent?

No
God took them and raised them.
Believe what you want and scoff all you want.
Some day you will see the truth when you stand before God on judgment day.

Last edited:
I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.
You failed by comparing humans to pancakes... Good Grief man, get a grip how bout it, I mean how silly is your post or OP ? I'd say it's a ten on the silly scale that consist of the numbers one through ten.

Okay, then lets compare it to sperm, or a little guppie-shaped bit of red jelly. (my analogy is appropriate)

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being. An early fetus cannot think or feel pleasure or pain. Its muscles jerk periodically as part of its development, however, it isn't a person.
What the fuck is it goldfish?
That is some really screwed logic,ya it something other than human,for how long? and at what point does it become one.
A persons DNA is set at conception,for ever.life begins then.Its just plan common sense,politics,religion are irrelevant.
"In Jewish law, although the human soul exists before birth, human life begins at birth, that is, at the time when the child is more than halfway emerged from the mother's body."
Judaism 101 Birth and the First Month of Life

In most of the God Squad's interpretation of god's powers and abilities he has already designed a "plan" so one could easily surmise and speculate that every person's soul was assigned even before sex...let alone when a person exited from the womb.

The "plan" is just as much nonsense as the evidence of a soul. Your soul is just your over hyper self awareness and a narcissistic view of your place in evolution.

Might be we do have 'souls' but religions about god are what's in error. Dark matter and energy both exist though we have yet to quantify them. What we've taken to calling a soul could be something real but as-yet undescribed by science.

Your narcissism really has it's hooks into your thinking process. Sounds like you are just prolonging the need to justify your personal belief and HOPE.

My personal belief is gods don't exist. But something differentiates human beings from other animals.

Sure and something differentiates amoebas from slugs. So what? Show where your "soul" is located. If you can't describe where your soul resides in your body then you have just made it up. Asserting that you have millions of like minded co-believers, god believers or not, means nothing factual.

An over active brain function demands recognition of your individuality. I believe I am, therefore I am. I believe there is more or a purpose to my being therefore there is more or a purpose to my being.

This is a comfortable concept because the other side of the argument is that you are not all that special. In fact you are alone. You came into this world alone and you will leave it alone. Nothing will survive your death. To believe so may give you and those like minded a sense of comfort but that comfort is all that has been proven.
One thing is for sure, and that is that you are killing something, and the extraction of that something afterwards is evidence of it. Would you say that what was killed was not alive or did it have life before it was killed ?

Last edited:

No
Yes he could have done many things because he is God.

Who shall challenge him and his resolve? No one.

This Nation has always had rules for abortion on rape, incest or the health of the mother even before roe vs. wade.
I don't know where you are getting this idea that the pro lifers are against this when they aren't.
The Supreme Court has ruled that it is legal and no one can outlaw abortion until the Supreme Court rules otherwise. Which I don't see happening anytime soon if ever.
That being said, there is nothing that says you can't have rules on when it should be past a certain time to abort or rules that make a woman's decision on abortion to become more educated on what she is aborting especially young teens.

It also seems to me that killing anything is in the Dark Ages.
Simply outlawing abortion except for cases of rape and to protect the life of the mother would eliminate all but a small percentage of abortions.

Can't do that because of the Supreme Court ruling.
This is true. It does, however, point out the disgusting fact that most abortions are used as a form of retroactive birth control.

Because the women are not being told the full truth.

BS
yet you seem to be a prime example......you are a fountain of misinformation about 12 week old fetuses......who is it that lied to you and said they were a smear of blood?......

No

What I don't trust are religious loons whose extremist views would eliminate healthcare choices for women.
so does that cover both Parents magazine AND Snopes or do you consider them separately.......
It covers your inability to defend your position of religious extremism. You have learned how to cut and paste from tabloid websites. Good for you.

Now you need to learn that your hate and intolerance is out of touch both with the law and attitudes of most Americans.

I suppose the photo you cut and pasted would also represent the "unborn children" killed by your gawds per the flood tale.

It's interesting that you're so anxious to show the results of your gawds hate and intolerance.

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.
You failed by comparing humans to pancakes... Good Grief man, get a grip how bout it, I mean how silly is your post or OP ? I'd say it's a ten on the silly scale that consist of the numbers one through ten.

Okay, then lets compare it to sperm, or a little guppie-shaped bit of red jelly. (my analogy is appropriate)

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being. An early fetus cannot think or feel pleasure or pain. Its muscles jerk periodically as part of its development, however, it isn't a person.
That is some really screwed logic,ya it something other than human,for how long? and at what point does it become one.
A persons DNA is set at conception,for ever.life begins then.Its just plan common sense,politics,religion are irrelevant.
In most of the God Squad's interpretation of god's powers and abilities he has already designed a "plan" so one could easily surmise and speculate that every person's soul was assigned even before sex...let alone when a person exited from the womb.

The "plan" is just as much nonsense as the evidence of a soul. Your soul is just your over hyper self awareness and a narcissistic view of your place in evolution.

Might be we do have 'souls' but religions about god are what's in error. Dark matter and energy both exist though we have yet to quantify them. What we've taken to calling a soul could be something real but as-yet undescribed by science.

Your narcissism really has it's hooks into your thinking process. Sounds like you are just prolonging the need to justify your personal belief and HOPE.

My personal belief is gods don't exist. But something differentiates human beings from other animals.

Sure and something differentiates amoebas from slugs. So what? Show where your "soul" is located. If you can't describe where your soul resides in your body then you have just made it up. Asserting that you have millions of like minded co-believers, god believers or not, means nothing factual.

An over active brain function demands recognition of your individuality. I believe I am, therefore I am. I believe there is more or a purpose to my being therefore there is more or a purpose to my being.

This is a comfortable concept because the other side of the argument is that you are not all that special. In fact you are alone. You came into this world alone and you will leave it alone. Nothing will survive your death. To believe so may give you and those like minded a sense of comfort but that comfort is all that has been proven.
One thing is for sure, and that is that you are killing something, and the extraction of that something afterwards is evidence of it. Would you say that what was killed was not alive or did it have life before it was killed ?

By "something" you mean a separate entity you believe to be a soul? Beliefs die with the death of the brain.

No
Yes he could have done many things because he is God.

Who shall challenge him and his resolve? No one.

It would be a silly waste of time to "challenge" a make believe entity. Would you be afraid to challenge the Easter Bunny?

No
The gods took them and raised them - after he drowned them.

It's remarkable, the delusions you people willingly buy into.

No
The gods took them and raised them - after he drowned them.

It's remarkable, the delusions you people willingly buy into.

It's incredible how closed minded and biased you are.

Biology insists that a developing baby in the womb is both alive and human. What else could be in there, a dead lizard?

Biology insists that a developing baby in the womb is both alive and human. What else could be in there, a dead lizard?

Leftists lack a grasp of basic biology.

Or at least lack the integrity to acknowledge basic biology.

"Which group is smarter (higher IQ) Democrats or Republicans?
Best Answer:Studies show that liberals are more intelligent than conservatives. Liberals tend to vote Democratic.

Liberals are also more highly educated than conservatives. Higher educational levels tend to correlate with higher intelligence levels.

Edit: There is also evidence that self-proclaimed right-wingers have a more pronounced amygdala -- a primitive part of the brain associated with emotion.

However, those aligned to the left have thicker anterior cingulates -- which is an area associated with anticipation and decision-making.

I would actually be interested in seeing studies of a comparably reliable level that claim that conservatives are more intelligent than liberals. I can't find any."

Which group is smarter higher IQ Democrats or Republicans Yahoo Answers

Most intellectually challenged people, in my experience, don't know they are not smart. As I have said many times here at USMB a dumb person will never know what it is like to be a smart person. A smart person does know what it is like to be dumb when they take drugs, get drunk etc.. There is no "smart" drug that will allow a challenged person a glimpse of what intelligence feels like.

A person like you believes he is intelligent. When told you are in error you reject it out of hand because as explained you "believe" you are smart. You don't "get it". You never will. Wanting is not being.

By "something" you mean a separate entity you believe to be a soul? Beliefs die with the death of the brain.
By something I mean actual physical matter that had life before it was snuffed out. The remains is the evidence that was once the body that actually harbored that life.

Last edited:

By something I mean actual physical matter that had life before it was snuffed out. The remains is the evidence that was the body that actually harbored that life.

Cancers are alive. Infections and some diseases are alive. What is your point?

Simply outlawing abortion except for cases of rape and to protect the life of the mother would eliminate all but a small percentage of abortions.

Can't do that because of the Supreme Court ruling.
This is true. It does, however, point out the disgusting fact that most abortions are used as a form of retroactive birth control.

Because the women are not being told the full truth.

BS
yet you seem to be a prime example......you are a fountain of misinformation about 12 week old fetuses......who is it that lied to you and said they were a smear of blood?......

you aren't smart enough to insert yourself into anyone else's business.

and my belief system says it's my choice. I couldn't care less what religious extremists want, especially ones that don't share my religion.

p.s. you're no prophet.... postmodern or otherwise. so stop pretending to be an arbiter of other people's faiths.

now run along and go read your bible. come back when you actually understand it.

Forum List

Back