Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

Biology insists that a developing baby in the womb is both alive and human. What else could be in there, a dead lizard?

Leftists lack a grasp of basic biology.

Or at least lack the integrity to acknowledge basic biology.

"Which group is smarter (higher IQ) Democrats or Republicans?
Best Answer:Studies show that liberals are more intelligent than conservatives. Liberals tend to vote Democratic.

Liberals are also more highly educated than conservatives. Higher educational levels tend to correlate with higher intelligence levels.

Edit: There is also evidence that self-proclaimed right-wingers have a more pronounced amygdala -- a primitive part of the brain associated with emotion.

However, those aligned to the left have thicker anterior cingulates -- which is an area associated with anticipation and decision-making.

I would actually be interested in seeing studies of a comparably reliable level that claim that conservatives are more intelligent than liberals. I can't find any."

Which group is smarter higher IQ Democrats or Republicans Yahoo Answers

Most intellectually challenged people, in my experience, don't know they are not smart. As I have said many times here at USMB a dumb person will never know what it is like to be a smart person. A smart person does know what it is like to be dumb when they take drugs, get drunk etc.. There is no "smart" drug that will allow a challenged person a glimpse of what intelligence feels like.

A person like you believes he is intelligent. When told you are in error you reject it out of hand because as explained you "believe" you are smart. You don't "get it". You never will. Wanting is not being.

Seriously Fucky - you stooped to that level of Franco shit?

How many times does your slander and libel need to be debunked before you Communists stop lying?

Rigging a study to make conservatives look stupid.

you kill 60 million without remorse and accuse me of having a Dark Age attitude?......
I haven't killed anything. You zealots should spend a little time and form coherent sentences before you make a fool of yourself.

The fact is, the laws of the US relative to abortion provide a reasonable compromise in terms of women's health and reasonable protections to a developing fetus.

Your position is one of an extremist and the majority of Americans understand that there are conflicting interests such that Roe v. Wade provides a reasonable compromise.

How many babies did the gawds you worship kill per the flood tale? It's comical to read your hysterical and phony allusions to caring about a developing fetus when you worship various gawds who slaughtered an entire planet of humanity.

How dare God wipe out all evil, corruption and violence that was in the world.
It is his Creation and his to do with as he wishes.
This one he did with a flood, the one coming in the not to far off future will be with fire.
2 Timothy 3:2
For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred.
Were the children your gawds drowned per the flood tale really evil, corrupt and violent?

No
God took them and raised them.
Believe what you want and scoff all you want.
Some day you will see the truth when you stand before God on judgment day.

What I don't trust are religious loons whose extremist views would eliminate healthcare choices for women.
so does that cover both Parents magazine AND Snopes or do you consider them separately.......
It covers your inability to defend your position of religious extremism. You have learned how to cut and paste from tabloid websites. Good for you.

Now you need to learn that your hate and intolerance is out of touch both with the law and attitudes of most Americans.

I suppose the photo you cut and pasted would also represent the "unborn children" killed by your gawds per the flood tale.

It's interesting that you're so anxious to show the results of your gawds hate and intolerance.
again......why do you call Parents magazine and Snopes "tabloid websites"......

What the fuck is it goldfish?
That is some really screwed logic,ya it something other than human,for how long? and at what point does it become one.
A persons DNA is set at conception,for ever.life begins then.Its just plan common sense,politics,religion are irrelevant.
My personal belief is gods don't exist. But something differentiates human beings from other animals.

Sure and something differentiates amoebas from slugs. So what? Show where your "soul" is located. If you can't describe where your soul resides in your body then you have just made it up. Asserting that you have millions of like minded co-believers, god believers or not, means nothing factual.

An over active brain function demands recognition of your individuality. I believe I am, therefore I am. I believe there is more or a purpose to my being therefore there is more or a purpose to my being.

This is a comfortable concept because the other side of the argument is that you are not all that special. In fact you are alone. You came into this world alone and you will leave it alone. Nothing will survive your death. To believe so may give you and those like minded a sense of comfort but that comfort is all that has been proven.
One thing is for sure, and that is that you are killing something, and the extraction of that something afterwards is evidence of it. Would you say that what was killed was not alive or did it have life before it was killed ?

By "something" you mean a separate entity you believe to be a soul? Beliefs die with the death of the brain.
By something I mean actual physical matter that had life before it was snuffed out. The remains is the evidence that was the body that actually harbored that life.

Cancers are alive. Infections and some diseases are alive. What is your point?
Don't play games, because you know the difference. OK, I'll play for a minute with you, so what are you saying then, that you see a fetus/human being as maybe being the same as an infection or a cancer, therefore you would extract it under the same premise?

Last edited:
Can't do that because of the Supreme Court ruling.
This is true. It does, however, point out the disgusting fact that most abortions are used as a form of retroactive birth control.

Because the women are not being told the full truth.

BS
yet you seem to be a prime example......you are a fountain of misinformation about 12 week old fetuses......who is it that lied to you and said they were a smear of blood?......

you aren't smart enough to insert yourself into anyone else's business.

and my belief system says it's my choice. I couldn't care less what religious extremists want, especially ones that don't share my religion.

p.s. you're no prophet.... postmodern or otherwise. so stop pretending to be an arbiter of other people's faiths.

now run along and go read your bible. come back when you actually understand it.
I take it, since you didn't respond to my question that you don't have any sources to back up your claim that a twelve week old fetus is a mere smear of blood......you see, this is one of the prime examples of the problems you can get into if you make shit up and try to post it on debate boards......you end up forced to run away from the claims you cannot support and it makes you look foolish......

Biology insists that a developing baby in the womb is both alive and human. What else could be in there, a dead lizard?

Leftists lack a grasp of basic biology.

Or at least lack the integrity to acknowledge basic biology.

"Which group is smarter (higher IQ) Democrats or Republicans?
Best Answer:Studies show that liberals are more intelligent than conservatives. Liberals tend to vote Democratic.

Liberals are also more highly educated than conservatives. Higher educational levels tend to correlate with higher intelligence levels.

Edit: There is also evidence that self-proclaimed right-wingers have a more pronounced amygdala -- a primitive part of the brain associated with emotion.

However, those aligned to the left have thicker anterior cingulates -- which is an area associated with anticipation and decision-making.

I would actually be interested in seeing studies of a comparably reliable level that claim that conservatives are more intelligent than liberals. I can't find any."

Which group is smarter higher IQ Democrats or Republicans Yahoo Answers

Most intellectually challenged people, in my experience, don't know they are not smart. As I have said many times here at USMB a dumb person will never know what it is like to be a smart person. A smart person does know what it is like to be dumb when they take drugs, get drunk etc.. There is no "smart" drug that will allow a challenged person a glimpse of what intelligence feels like.

A person like you believes he is intelligent. When told you are in error you reject it out of hand because as explained you "believe" you are smart. You don't "get it". You never will. Wanting is not being.

Seriously Fucky - you stooped to that level of Franco shit?

How many times does your slander and libel need to be debunked before you Communists stop lying?

Rigging a study to make conservatives look stupid.

Calling me a communist is the kind of posting that makes YOU appear extremely stupid. It doesn't even make me angry. It's laughable. I don't even like being around other people. How could I possibly entertain being a communist? :lol: I haven't fundamentally changed since I was a young man up in the woods and water on Orcas Island and discovered I was happiest on my own using my own wits and resources to keep entertained and satisfied. I have been developing skills all along the way to this point focused on doing things as much as possible on my own. You REALLY have little knowledge of who you are talking to. Me? A communist? That's rich!

Sure and something differentiates amoebas from slugs. So what? Show where your "soul" is located. If you can't describe where your soul resides in your body then you have just made it up. Asserting that you have millions of like minded co-believers, god believers or not, means nothing factual.

An over active brain function demands recognition of your individuality. I believe I am, therefore I am. I believe there is more or a purpose to my being therefore there is more or a purpose to my being.

This is a comfortable concept because the other side of the argument is that you are not all that special. In fact you are alone. You came into this world alone and you will leave it alone. Nothing will survive your death. To believe so may give you and those like minded a sense of comfort but that comfort is all that has been proven.
One thing is for sure, and that is that you are killing something, and the extraction of that something afterwards is evidence of it. Would you say that what was killed was not alive or did it have life before it was killed ?

By "something" you mean a separate entity you believe to be a soul? Beliefs die with the death of the brain.
By something I mean actual physical matter that had life before it was snuffed out. The remains is the evidence that was the body that actually harbored that life.

Cancers are alive. Infections and some diseases are alive. What is your point?
Don't play games, because you know the difference. OK, I'll play for a minute with you, so what are you saying then, that you see a fetus/human being as maybe being the same as an infection or a cancer, therefore you would extract it under the same premise?

Well I wouldn't go that far BUT the fetus, if needed for whatever reason the woman chooses, is an intruder until a woman chooses otherwise...so yes in THAT way it could be viewed as a parasite.

Calling me a communist is the kind of posting that makes YOU appear extremely stupid.

Says they guy posting open demagoguery that has been debunked no less than 20 times on this board...

You know Huggy, maybe your problem isn't intellect, maybe it's just one of ethics....

It doesn't even make me angry. It's laughable. I don't even like being around other people. How could I possibly entertain being a communist? :lol: I haven't fundamentally changed since I was a young man up in the woods and water on Orcas Island and discovered I was happiest on my own using my own wits and resources to keep entertained and satisfied. I have been developing skills all along the way to this point focused on doing things as much as possible on my own. You REALLY have little knowledge of who you are talking to. Me? A communist? That's rich!

Did you vote for Barack Obama?

I haven't killed anything. You zealots should spend a little time and form coherent sentences before you make a fool of yourself.

The fact is, the laws of the US relative to abortion provide a reasonable compromise in terms of women's health and reasonable protections to a developing fetus.

Your position is one of an extremist and the majority of Americans understand that there are conflicting interests such that Roe v. Wade provides a reasonable compromise.

How many babies did the gawds you worship kill per the flood tale? It's comical to read your hysterical and phony allusions to caring about a developing fetus when you worship various gawds who slaughtered an entire planet of humanity.

This one he did with a flood, the one coming in the not to far off future will be with fire.
For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred.
Were the children your gawds drowned per the flood tale really evil, corrupt and violent?

No

What I don't trust are religious loons whose extremist views would eliminate healthcare choices for women.
so does that cover both Parents magazine AND Snopes or do you consider them separately.......
It covers your inability to defend your position of religious extremism. You have learned how to cut and paste from tabloid websites. Good for you.

Now you need to learn that your hate and intolerance is out of touch both with the law and attitudes of most Americans.

I suppose the photo you cut and pasted would also represent the "unborn children" killed by your gawds per the flood tale.

It's interesting that you're so anxious to show the results of your gawds hate and intolerance.

No

What did you think was gained by posting from tabloid websites?

No
The gods took them and raised them - after he drowned them.

It's remarkable, the delusions you people willingly buy into.

It's incredible how closed minded and biased you are.
I'm closed minded and biased because I question the morals of a serial mass murderer (your gawds)?

[
I'm closed minded and biased because I question the morals of a serial mass murderer (your gawds)?

You are closed minded and biased because you are stupid and angry.

Evidence of your stupidity is in your belief that fictional characters can commit murder - much less mass murder.....
You're a bit slow with reading comprehension there, short stop.

Hardly.

You are claiming that some character from fiction that you ignorantly call "gawd," has engaged in mass murder.

You simultaneously claim that "gawd" does not exist, and that he is a serial killer.

Suffice it to say that you're not the sharpest marshmallow in the bag...

no one is killing children.
everyone considers the unborn to be children up until the moment they decide to kill them.......
The left had to first cheapen life before they could start destroying it. So they started the debate on when you become a human-being. The problem is they have cheapened life so much that they've opened up a Pandora's box.

Hardly.

You are claiming that some character from fiction that you ignorantly call "gawd," has engaged in mass murder.

You simultaneously claim that "gawd" does not exist, and that he is a serial killer.

I've addressed that previously in this thread. As I noted, you're slow.

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

What difference does it make what is or is not interpreted, "divined", out of these so called scriptures? The bibles are fiction. You might just ask the same questions from Superman Comics.

Obviously a moral just society needs a road map to decide what is or is not homicide. We have one. It is called "Laws".

The question of abortion has been decided and laws drawn up to regulate the procedure.

It does not matter what a bunch of MEN that believe in sky pixies have to say about it.

"It does not matter what a bunch of MEN that believe in sky pixies have to say about it."

Oh, but it does matter.

Notice anything missing from this congressional birth control hearing?

18k29gsh1e872jpg.jpg

UUUUMMMmmmm...???? A woman?

Ding, ding, we have a winner! :p

"Do you agree... that a fetus isn't human"

no, i do not.

i believe the OP is probably making fun of emotional nutjobs like you.

That little blob of red jelly certainly has the potential to become a person. :p

However, there are no 12 week old fetuses walking around, rubbing its eyes, as the conservative christian extremist sites would have people believe.
how do you explain the ultrasound images of 11 week old fetuses that aren't little blobs of red jelly?......or are you claiming Parents magazine is part of some anti-abortion propaganda campaign?......

You've seen pictures, have you?

If you're seeing hands and feet, then yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Again, an 11, 12, or 13 week old fetus is...

A. Nothing you could see without a microscope
B. Nothing you could distinguish from a clot of blood
C. Nothing that has a human form

Most of these pictures on the web are photos of later-stage embryos and fetuses, or greatly magnified to look as though they were visible with the naked eye.

here is a picture that Snopes.com publishes to show what a REAL 12 week old fetus looks like.....
real12fetus.jpg

need a microscope?......
snopes.com 12-Week Fetus Photograph

You need to speak with a nurse, or someone who's had a miscarriage at 12 weeks.

Hardly.

I've addressed that previously in this thread. As I noted, you're slow.

I don't care what you have :addressed, you make delusional posts.

Forum List

Back