1/5 of all adults in the US have a criminal record

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
1/5 of all adults in the US have a criminal record. that's enough people to start a revolution.

This topic you did not hear in the news.
The only place you heard it was from Wolfstrike's "whining" posts.
Certain local governments are now starting to catch up with the problem.
The ONLY place you heard about business and their berserk background checking, is from me.

I've been making posts about the out of control background checking for probably over 4 years.

Recently the racist organization the EEOC has sued BMW for demanding extensive background checks for black employees.
It is unlawful for an organization to work for rights on behalf of one group of people, and ignore the rights of another.

But for the first time, the government an organizations are admitting that there is too much background checking going on.

I realized yesterday that a few states have passed laws recently that limit the availability of background information that employers may use against a candidate.

at first i thought it was good news, but then i realized that these same states also pass rules that companies may not be sued for background related issues.
like always, the government can't do anything right.

But the good news is, this issue if finally being discussed.

denying people from employment, especially for stupid reasons, creates crime, it doesn't stop it.

While there is a certain amount of truth to this,I do believe an employer deserves to know if he/she is hiring a violent criminal or a thief.
They open themselves up to not only loss from theft,but to lawsuits for hiring a thug and having him beat the crap out of another employee or possibly kill them.
You cant really blame them.

Would you hire a contractor that used thieves and rapist to remodel your kitchen?
I wouldnt. This is no different.

1/5 of all adults in the US have a criminal record. that's enough people to start a revolution.

This topic you did not hear in the news.
The only place you heard it was from Wolfstrike's "whining" posts.
Certain local governments are now starting to catch up with the problem.
The ONLY place you heard about business and their berserk background checking, is from me.

I've been making posts about the out of control background checking for probably over 4 years.

Recently the racist organization the EEOC has sued BMW for demanding extensive background checks for black employees.
It is unlawful for an organization to work for rights on behalf of one group of people, and ignore the rights of another.

But for the first time, the government an organizations are admitting that there is too much background checking going on.

I realized yesterday that a few states have passed laws recently that limit the availability of background information that employers may use against a candidate.

at first i thought it was good news, but then i realized that these same states also pass rules that companies may not be sued for background related issues.
like always, the government can't do anything right.

But the good news is, this issue if finally being discussed.

denying people from employment, especially for stupid reasons, creates crime, it doesn't stop it.

Even those with no record commit on average 3 felonies a day

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229]Amazon.com: Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent (9781594035227): Harvey Silverglate: Books[/ame]

Why do we have such a significant percentage of the population that feels that committing crimes is a right?

Why do we have such a significant percentage of the population that feels that committing crimes is a right?

We have such a fucked up system that everyone can be indicted for one crime or another.

The sad part is that most of the crimes on the books are victimless.

Better question is..

Why does our gov't feel compelled to make things that shouldn't be a crime - like wearing an NRA T-shirt to school - a punishable offense?

It's actually sort of easy to answer; people are making a lot of money off crime and the criminal system. If you have less crimes, you have less criminals, and therefore you make less money..

Better question is..

Why does our gov't feel compelled to make things that shouldn't be a crime - like wearing an NRA T-shirt to school - a punishable offense?

It's actually sort of easy to answer; people are making a lot of money off crime and the criminal system. If you have less crimes, you have less criminals, and therefore you make less money..

You can thank the right wing for that. The "get tough on crime" crowd gins up their base by insisting on tougher criminal penalties for more and more crimes.

Someday, 5% of our population will be engaged in keeping 80% of our population behind bars--the other 15% will be under investigation or homeless.

Better question is..

You can thank the right wing for that. The "get tough on crime" crowd gins up their base by insisting on tougher criminal penalties for more and more crimes.

Someday, 5% of our population will be engaged in keeping 80% of our population behind bars--the other 15% will be under investigation or homeless.

I think we can thank both the right and left for the situation we're in today. There's politicians on both sides that are being lobbied hard by those who make big dollars off of putting and keeping people in jail.

There's really no other explanation as to why drugs like Marijuana (of which you can't overdose on, is all natural, and makes the user calm and relaxed) are still illegal in most states...

Forum List

Back