The Cost of Buying a Home Hits New Record

I didn't cause this problem.

The problem was caused when you guys thought you could replace public housing with vouchers and the "market" would present a solution.

It didn't.
public housing shouldnt exist under federal control or input,,

and yes you guys caused the problem when you decided the government should provide for the peoples everyday need,,

before you guys college was affordable and now since government decided to back the loans its off the charts and thousands are graduating with degrees that will never pay back their loans,,

houses were affordable before you fucks decided the government should back the loans and now housing costs are off the chart,,

and since you guys decided to raise the min wage so high the low skilled and uneducated cant find a job,,

so see it is you thats caused the problem,,

Daily average mortgage rates jumped to their highest level since last November after last week’s disappointing inflation report. Persistently high home prices are exacerbating affordability challenges for buyers.

The average daily mortgage rate this week surpassed 7.4%, the highest level since last November.

The median U.S. home-sale price increased 5% from a year earlier during the four weeks ending April 14, bringing it to $380,250—just $3,095 shy of June 2022’s all-time high. The combination of high mortgage rates and prices have brought homebuyers’ median monthly housing payment to a record $2,775, up 11% year over year.

Wow, that Bidenomics, just working its magic. I know, it must be that evil Putin, maybe even Trump's fault.

Housing Market Update: The Cost of Buying a Home Hits New Record As Mortgage Rates Jump, Prices Rise 5%
Totally amazing how every liberal policy increases social injustice and wealth inequality.

public housing shouldnt exist under federal control or input,,

and yes you guys caused the problem when you decided the government should provide for the peoples everyday need,,

So we should go back to the days where 70% of the country lived in poverty and worked itself to death serving the rich? That's what you had before the New Deal.

before you guys college was affordable and now since government decided to back the loans its off the charts and thousands are graduating with degrees that will never pay back their loans,,
I think you are a little confused. College was affordable - state college, anyway - because it was subsidized by the government. The problem was that states shifted the costs from the state to the students.

houses were affordable before you fucks decided the government should back the loans and now housing costs are off the chart,,
Except not really. What happened was that the market caused the problem. The kind of sensible bungalow i grew up in isn't being built anymore. Instead, everyone builds these McMansions. Why? They are more profitable.

So we should go back to the days where 70% of the country lived in poverty and worked itself to death serving the rich? That's what you had before the New Deal.

I think you are a little confused. College was affordable - state college, anyway - because it was subsidized by the government. The problem was that states shifted the costs from the state to the students.

Except not really. What happened was that the market caused the problem. The kind of sensible bungalow i grew up in isn't being built anymore. Instead, everyone builds these McMansions. Why? They are more profitable.
why do you hate poor people so much that would would openly do things to keep them poor??

we all know he problems california are having is directly due to what the government is doing to destroy jobs and stop people from working,, same applies to all the other dem strongholds that have the highest rates of homelessness,,

why do you hate poor people so much that would would openly do things to keep them poor??
I wouldn't. That would be your side.
we all know he problems california are having is directly due to what the government is doing to destroy jobs and stop people from working,, same applies to all the other dem strongholds that have the highest rates of homelessness,,

No, we have homelessness due to the lack of affordable housing.

I wouldn't. That would be your side.

No, we have homelessness due to the lack of affordable housing.
youre doing it right now,,,

if you cant afford it do what every other person before you did,,

get a better job or a roommate,,

and houses are so expensive is because of all the regs and hoops a builder has to jump through to build a house,,

it amazes me you can cause the problem and then ignore it and create another problem to fix it,,

OH ,,, I dont have a side,,
I think both dems and repubes should be outlawed and banned from US soil,, if not outright put to death for crimes against humanity,,
the dems for causing the problem and repubes for not doing anything to stop them,,

youre doing it right now,,,

if you cant afford it do what every other person before you did,,

get a better job or a roommate,,

and houses are so expensive is because of all the regs and hoops a builder has to jump through to build a house,,

Okay, let's dissect this one. First and foremost, home ownership is actually kind of a new thing in this country. Before the Great Depression, most people lived in tenements, that were kind of crowded.

After WWII, however, the government instituted home ownership programs, including VA, FHA and other loans, and the home ownership rate went from 42% to near 70%.

1714080152749.png

Now, I recently looked up the home my grandparents lived in when they first came to this country. It was a very small frame building of 780 Square feet. And they had a boarder to make ends meet. I compare that to the home one of my nieces lives in today, 3000 SF. four bedrooms, attached garage. Yes, bigger houses are the norm, because that's what realtors are pushing. They could just as easily build more simple bungalows, they just choose not to.

OH ,,, I dont have a side,,
I think both dems and repubes should be outlawed and banned from US soil,, if not outright put to death for crimes against humanity,,
the dems for causing the problem and repubes for not doing anything to stop them,,

Ah, so you are a crazy person. Got it.

Okay, let's dissect this one. First and foremost, home ownership is actually kind of a new thing in this country. Before the Great Depression, most people lived in tenements, that were kind of crowded.

After WWII, however, the government instituted home ownership programs, including VA, FHA and other loans, and the home ownership rate went from 42% to near 70%.

View attachment 937700

Now, I recently looked up the home my grandparents lived in when they first came to this country. It was a very small frame building of 780 Square feet. And they had a boarder to make ends meet. I compare that to the home one of my nieces lives in today, 3000 SF. four bedrooms, attached garage. Yes, bigger houses are the norm, because that's what realtors are pushing. They could just as easily build more simple bungalows, they just choose not to.

Ah, so you are a crazy person. Got it.
why is it in my 59 yrs on this earth and growing up in a major city that I have never really seen a homeless person on the streets until about ten yrs ago??
now I see tent cities every few miles..

and all this after trillions of dollars going to the war on poverty using welfare to help people,,

theres a reason we dont feed the bears in the wild,,
they become dependent and will always come back for more instead of foraging for themselves,,

if not for all the regs choking off of cheap habitation and smaller houses we would have all the lower income houses the country needs,,

how can you not see its your ideas that have caused the problems,,

with a little local help self sufficiency is the only solution,,
the feds can never solve the problem,,

Daily average mortgage rates jumped to their highest level since last November after last week’s disappointing inflation report. Persistently high home prices are exacerbating affordability challenges for buyers.

The average daily mortgage rate this week surpassed 7.4%, the highest level since last November.

The median U.S. home-sale price increased 5% from a year earlier during the four weeks ending April 14, bringing it to $380,250—just $3,095 shy of June 2022’s all-time high. The combination of high mortgage rates and prices have brought homebuyers’ median monthly housing payment to a record $2,775, up 11% year over year.

Wow, that Bidenomics, just working its magic. I know, it must be that evil Putin, maybe even Trump's fault.

Housing Market Update: The Cost of Buying a Home Hits New Record As Mortgage Rates Jump, Prices Rise 5%
What you failed to mention is the housing market is alive and well. From your link:

There are signals that buyers are out there touring homes despite rising rates. Mortgage-purchase applications are up 5% week over week, and Redfin’s Homebuyer Demand Index–a measure of requests for tours and other buying services from Redfin agents–is near its highest level in seven months.

There is a housing shortage because those of us who financed or refinanced during the Covid crash are holding onto our houses since we have record low interest rates on our mortgages. That is driving up the cost of available houses, thus driving a homebuilding surge.

Inflation is driven by consumption, and consumer demand is high.

But at least we don't have Russia's 16 percent interest rate! Is that Biden's fault? I hope so!

Educate yourself: Homelessness in the United States - Wikipedia

The number of homeless people grew in the 1980s, nearly doubling from 1984 to 1987.
still never saw tent cities like we have them now,,

and we are more advanced now more than anytime in history, so theres no excuse,,

the problem is we didnt follow our own advice and went ahead and fed the bears and now not only are they dependent but their offspring is dependent,,

its time the government got off our backs and let the people solve the problem they created,,

why is it in my 59 yrs on this earth and growing up in a major city that I have never really seen a homeless person on the streets until about ten yrs ago??
now I see tent cities every few miles..

I wouldn't know, guy. I saw my first homeless people in Chicago as early as the late 70's. Right after they shut down most of the mental hospitals.

and all this after trillions of dollars going to the war on poverty using welfare to help people,,

Which has caused the black poverty rate to decline from 55% in 1960 to 17% today. Sounds to me like the War on Poverty did just fine.

theres a reason we dont feed the bears in the wild,,
they become dependent and will always come back for more instead of foraging for themselves,,

No, you don't feed them in the wild is because they start associating people with food. They never stop learning to forage.

But here's the thing. The main reason why bears are still a thing is because of government conservation of their habitat.

if not for all the regs choking off of cheap habitation and smaller houses we would have all the lower income houses the country needs,,

Which "regs" are you talking about, specifically? (This should be good!)

how can you not see its your ideas that have caused the problems,,
Because they haven't.

with a little local help self sufficiency is the only solution,,
the feds can never solve the problem,,

Actually, people weren't "self-sufficient" until the government stepped in and established a lot of workers rights.

and before you try again,,
show me some pictures from the 70s and 80s or even 90s of the tent cities that even come close to all these,,

You are kind of missing the point. Tent cities became a "thing" because we stopped investing in public housing. Chicago, for instance, tore down all those high-rise public housing units (Good) but didn't replace them with anything. (Not so good). They just handed out vouchers.

Forum List

Back