1 Stolen gun linked to 27 shootings

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
5LEZWXL7W5HA5JMO2VIUS2KTQY.jpg

On one side was the stamp of the handgun’s unique serial number: YZC020. On the other, the logo of one of the most profitable and ubiquitous firearms companies in the world: Glock.

The Austrian handgun, a model 17, had been imported to the company’s Smyrna, Georgia, plant and eventually wound up at the gun shop, where it was to be sold for as much as $400.

In little over a month it was on the streets of Chicago, where it would be fired over and over and over, linked to some 27 shootings before it was taken off the streets. An extended magazine, which increases firepower, was attached.

All told, two dozen people were shot during its use here in a handful of Chicago neighborhoods, two of them killed. A cluster of shootings took place in North Lawndale on the West Side, for example, with three on one block alone.

Do you lock your guns away in a gun safe?

StolenGuns-table1-693.png

Only those that are for uses other than home defense. I have a few rifles for hunting. They're bolt-action, non-magazine fed so they wouldn't be attractive for a thief anyway. The shotgun and a handgun or two stay loaded and positioned for immediate use, otherwise, what the hell good are they for purpose? There are no children around our place but when any are going to visit, we put the weapons out of reach and out of sight.
It sounds like that gun dealer doesn't have very good security at his shop.

On one side was the stamp of the handgun’s unique serial number: YZC020. On the other, the logo of one of the most profitable and ubiquitous firearms companies in the world: Glock.

The Austrian handgun, a model 17, had been imported to the company’s Smyrna, Georgia, plant and eventually wound up at the gun shop, where it was to be sold for as much as $400.

In little over a month it was on the streets of Chicago, where it would be fired over and over and over, linked to some 27 shootings before it was taken off the streets. An extended magazine, which increases firepower, was attached.

All told, two dozen people were shot during its use here in a handful of Chicago neighborhoods, two of them killed. A cluster of shootings took place in North Lawndale on the West Side, for example, with three on one block alone.

What used to amaze me was how stupid a progressive slave is, by saying it is the gun, that is the problem. Not the person using the gun. I realize that it is the will of the progressive elites to keep their voters stupid, that way they can tell them that "GUNS ARE EVIL" so they can start taking those evil things away, because they know better how to keep people safe. Except that it is in Democrat cities that these murders are taking place, 10s of thousand of illegals are crossing the border and who the fuck knows how many illegal guns come with them. Yep, you can bet a prog slave is stupid....

I noticed you never blamed the person that did the shooting,,

is there a reason you didnt??

Yep....here is the difference...

Gun grabber.....the gun owner who had his weapon stolen should go to jail.

Normal human being...hey, why don't we just increase the actual number of years in prison for someone who steals a gun.

Notice the difference?

Only those that are for uses other than home defense. I have a few rifles for hunting. They're bolt-action, non-magazine fed so they wouldn't be attractive for a thief anyway. The shotgun and a handgun or two stay loaded and positioned for immediate use, otherwise, what the hell good are they for purpose? There are no children around our place but when any are going to visit, we put the weapons out of reach and out of sight.

When gun thieves will break through brick walls to access guns, no amount of security will keep them out........they also use vehicles to ram the doors of gun stores.

The Maxon gun store in my state was robbed....they used sledge hammers to go through an outer wall to access the guns..

Otis Mayfield I suggest we take this murderous gun and execute it in public. That way other guns that might get ideas about murdering people will see what happens to bad guns.

What about a life sentence.....I know...we should build "Gun Prisons," where these criminal guns can be locked away for life....meanwhile, the democrats will continue to release actual criminals over and over again, no matter how many times they have illegal guns or shoot people...

It's Chicago....duh

Yep....here is the difference...

Gun grabber.....the gun owner who had his weapon stolen should go to jail.

Normal human being...hey, why don't we just increase the actual number of years in prison for someone who steals a gun.

Notice the difference?
I got an even better idea.

Gun grabber, oh you poor creature, out their having to steal so you can support your family.
Saudi Justice, Off with the hand he/she eats with, and you will think twice about stealing a gun.

I am tired of shits going in to jail and right back out of jail, give them some real punishment and the crime stops.

Also sounds like that Glock 17 is a highly effective, dependable weapon that was used by a cross-section of users, some of them shooting on victims multiple times, showing a degree of weapon competence of the user or users.
The number of hits in the various situations, hitting but not killing the victims does not speak well of the ammunition choices of the various A-holes doing the shooting. If you shoot somebody offensively or for the hell of it, but don't kill them, you could really piss somebody off, if they know who you are. Likewise, if shooting defensively already knowing the person has attacked you, leaving them to attack a second time may not be a good idea and they probably won't leave you alive. A good personal defense round, though more expensive would probably have much better effect than a solid slug, jacketed less expensive round, used for range practice. I always reload with LE/personal defense rounds before leaving the range and it stays loaded with same at home or when carrying.
The article did not name the cop that took the weapon from the moron (now in prison for illegally carrying it loose in his sweatpants of all places), but it should have, as he is an alert officer, doing his duty and protecting the community, that day. He should have received some sort of award or recognition from the BLM if they think black lives really matter, even if he is a cop, but of course it is really an anti-police organization, not one that actually gives a damn about black lives in general.

You need to ask hunter bidens sister about guns.
She took hunters and tossed it in a dumpster next to a school.

I think the real problem here is the person or persons who used the gun in 27 shootings.

Criminals are going to crime.

Again I ask, do you lock your guns inside a gun safe?

Criminals are going to crime.

Again I ask, do you lock your guns inside a gun safe?

That question has been asked a thousand times on USMB.
I think most of us are tired of answering.
Yes I keep most of my guns in a safe. I do however keep several pistols and a revolver where I can easily get to them.
And no I dont have any kids that can gain access to them,and even if I had kids they would have been taught not to touch them without adult supervision.
I had my own guns when I was eight years old,a 20 gauge and a .22 which I was allowed to take out when I wanted to to go hunting or target shoot.
Any more questions?

Gee who would have thought criminals kill people.'

And if my home is locked and the alarm is set the guns in my home are secured so I have no need for a gun safe

Forum List

Back