10 things the christian right thinks causes kids to be gay

1) Divorce resulting in no father figure for boys.
2) Men (usually family members) taking sexual advantage of girls when they're children or unwilling teens.
3) Poor parenting skills or lack of good examples set by parents.
4) Public school system, television, and other poor teaching aids that improperly teach that the gay lifestyle is okay and acceptable.
5) Lack of biblical training (a major downfall of modern parenting).
6) LGBT/NAMBLA ghouls who force or coerce young men into that lifestyle.
7) Mental or emotional instability caused by chemical imbalance or some other hidden cause.
8) A dark spiritual influence clouding common sense and good judgment.
9) Birth defect or sin nature leading to lustful imaginations.
10) Just a simple inabiltity to know right from wrong.

I really like number 4. Teaching someone that it's okay to be gay is going to affect what turns them on sexually. That makes sense. . . if a person believes that a preference is okay, they're going to adopt that preference, right?

Like, as more and more modern childrens' programs tell them that it's okay to eat vegetables (hell, even tell 'em it's a good idea to do so), candy sales are dropping off the map and everything from toddlers to adolescents are clamoring for the produce section! I hear parents all the time, "I just can't keep little Timmy out of the broccoli!" Or, "If my children keep eating all the veggies in the fridge, I'm gonna catch scurvy!"

Yeah, totally makes sense.

Number 5 is also amazing. Not enough bible? You might go gay. That's why people in Asia don't breed and why so many Muslims are gay, but children raised in good Church environments are pretty much always straight (LOL)

Number 6 is awesome for many of the same reasons as 4, so I'll leave those out and focus on why 6 is uniquely amazing. If the anti-gay Christian crowd is correct and the LGBT'ers and the NAMBLA'ers are able to force and coerce people into changing their sexual preferences, you folks should really get some spies in those organizations and figure out how they do it.

Christian gay camps try to do the same thing, but in the opposite direction, and I gotta say. . . y'all are piss poor at it. You don't get -nearly- the same results as you're obviously assuming the homosexuals are getting.

Number 7's great. . . "You're doing something I don't agree with, you must have a mental disability." This is my favorite form of intellectual laziness.

Number 8? Possibly my favorite. Reminds me of Church Lady on SNL back in the '90's. What makes people gay? Hmmm. . . could it be. . . SATAN!?

9's even awesomer than 7. "You don't just have a mental disability. . . the fact that you do things I don't agree with implies a BIRTH DEFECT!" LOL!

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. (Matt. 7:1-5)

I prefer homeboy in True Detective's take on judgement, something along the lines of, your entire life, every preference you have, is a series of value based decisions. This is good, that is bad, this is better than that, etc. Everybody is judging all the time. If you have a problem with this, you're living wrong.

Exactly. We all are required to make judgment calls all the time. I believe the Scripture quoted has to do with the Pharisees who would judge the hearts of others while committing the exact transgressions that they judged to be wrong.

In other words, I would be a hypocrite if I judged others for being gay if I were, myself, gay. Fortunately for me, I'm not gay so I have the right to judge for myself that that lifestyle is wrong.

Somehow I don't think the biblical idea of hypocrisy in this case is limited to the particular act you're judging.

Of course, this is only if you take into account Jesus's words, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Kinda implies that sin is sin is sin, so if you're judging other sinners, you're automatically a hypocrite.

Of course, you said judge for yourself that the lifestyle is wrong. Judging a concept or a lifestyle are, I believe, not what the bible was referring to, only being judgemental with people.

Last edited:
you think these cowards would have the guts to post something like this about Muslims?

So the homos want to be left alone, yet they take every opportunity they can muster to HATE on ANYONE that finds their mentally ill, sexually perverse activities unacceptable, which by the way is the vast majority.

More two faced, hypocritical, bigotry, brought to you by the HOMO MAFIA.

What the hell, that group of queens do not represent the whole gay community. Just like some idiot Sarah Palin doesn't represent all the conservatives.

I was just doing a Bing search looking for stories of gay men who turned straight. During my search I found this link:

How To Turn A Straight Guy Gay » Made Man

It fits in nicely with my #6 cause for why a person is gay. Fathers - watch out for your sons.

This article is poorly written, I must say.

It keeps referring to straight men, but then saying things like, "need time to realize and accept that part of their personality", or encouraging them to explore their feelings, or talking about closeted gay men having trouble coming out.

Essentially, this article refers more to closeted homosexuals and people with homosexual tendencies they haven't realized than it does to actual straight men. To the degree that it -is- referring to actual straight men, the article is HOLY SHIT silly.

I'm a straight man who worked as a bouncer and a bartender in two gay establishments for a combined 8 years. Had many gay men hit on me and even became longtime friends with a couple of the ones I met that way. Never acquired any homosexual tendencies. Never randomly started finding dick attractive, even though I was inundated with gay culture throughout that time. Shit, I even drove a float in the gay pride parade one year cuz the nightclub where I was managing security didn't have any other employees who were comfortable driving a big ass flat-bed.

I don't believe people are born gay. I also don't believe people are born preferring The Simpsons to Family Guy. I don't believe that most people preferring the taste of chocolate to the taste of radishes is genetic. These are simply preferences. However, preferences are based on deep psychological wiring that decides itself during those most formative years of your early childhood. You don't just change them. Otherwise it'd be a pretty popular thing for people to go on diets by simply forcing themselves to enjoy healthy foods more than decadent ones.

If you know someone that, in their teenage or adult years, "turned" gay, you know someone who either hid their homosexual tendencies up until that point, or someone who hadn't come to terms with it themselves up until that point. You don't just develop a taste for dick because someone told you it was awesome.

So the homos want to be left alone, yet they take every opportunity they can muster to HATE on ANYONE that finds their mentally ill, sexually perverse activities unacceptable, which by the way is the vast majority.

Just like some idiot Sarah Palin doesn't represent all the conservatives.

Right. Sarah is such an idiot she is world famous for her political views and you are an anonymous nobody on a messageboard.

I prefer homeboy in True Detective's take on judgement, something along the lines of, your entire life, every preference you have, is a series of value based decisions. This is good, that is bad, this is better than that, etc. Everybody is judging all the time. If you have a problem with this, you're living wrong.

Exactly. We all are required to make judgment calls all the time. I believe the Scripture quoted has to do with the Pharisees who would judge the hearts of others while committing the exact transgressions that they judged to be wrong.

In other words, I would be a hypocrite if I judged others for being gay if I were, myself, gay. Fortunately for me, I'm not gay so I have the right to judge for myself that that lifestyle is wrong.

Somehow I don't think the biblical idea of hypocrisy in this case is limited to the particular act you're judging.

Of course, this is only if you take into account Jesus's words, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Kinda implies that sin is sin is sin, so if you're judging other sinners, you're automatically a hypocrite.

Of course, you said judge for yourself that the lifestyle is wrong. Judging a concept or a lifestyle are, I believe, not what the bible was referring to, only being judgemental with people.

Fortunately, I and others here haven't cast any stones else there would be a lot of gays with migraine headaches.

Secondly, I fully agree that EVERYONE is a sinner. Nevertheless, I'm pleased that you see homosexuality as a sin -- as do I. We're all born to sin but we're all called to repentance. Murderers shouldn't murder; thieves shouldn't steal; liars shouldn't lie; and homosexuals shouldn't fish in the wrong hole.

I was just doing a Bing search looking for stories of gay men who turned straight. During my search I found this link:

It fits in nicely with my #6 cause for why a person is gay. Fathers - watch out for your sons.

It keeps referring to straight men, but then saying things like, "need time to realize and accept that part of their personality", or encouraging them to explore their feelings, or talking about closeted gay men having trouble coming out.

Essentially, this article refers more to closeted homosexuals and people with homosexual tendencies they haven't realized than it does to actual straight men. To the degree that it -is- referring to actual straight men, the article is HOLY SHIT silly.

I'm a straight man who worked as a bouncer and a bartender in two gay establishments for a combined 8 years. Had many gay men hit on me and even became longtime friends with a couple of the ones I met that way. Never acquired any homosexual tendencies. Never randomly started finding dick attractive, even though I was inundated with gay culture throughout that time. Shit, I even drove a float in the gay pride parade one year cuz the nightclub where I was managing security didn't have any other employees who were comfortable driving a big ass flat-bed.

I don't believe people are born gay. I also don't believe people are born preferring The Simpsons to Family Guy. I don't believe that most people preferring the taste of chocolate to the taste of radishes is genetic. These are simply preferences. However, preferences are based on deep psychological wiring that decides itself during those most formative years of your early childhood. You don't just change them. Otherwise it'd be a pretty popular thing for people to go on diets by simply forcing themselves to enjoy healthy foods more than decadent ones.

If you know someone that, in their teenage or adult years, "turned" gay, you know someone who either hid their homosexual tendencies up until that point, or someone who hadn't come to terms with it themselves up until that point. You don't just develop a taste for dick because someone told you it was awesome.

Did you look at the title of the article? And you're going to tell us what the author REALLY meant? Really? The fact of the matter is that the article comes directly from a gay site and reveals the intentions and goals of many men in the gay community. Sorry ... but your excuses don't fly. We've been told for decades that gays are "born that way."

I've had folks tell me that one must "develop a taste" for liver but it still hasn't happened and it never will.

But using your logic you would have no problem with gay who turns straight. They were always straight but just hid the fact until they got older and wiser. Could you possibly accept that argument? If so, then perhaps you won't have a problem with straight folks trying to help gays "find their true selves." Right?

Last edited:
you think these cowards would have the guts to post something like this about Muslims?

Well... libtards love muslims... who hate homos... so... you figure that one out.

My take on it... libtards are simply AFRAID of muslims.

Just like some idiot Sarah Palin doesn't represent all the conservatives.

Right. Sarah is such an idiot she is world famous for her political views and you are an anonymous nobody on a messageboard.

Yeah, you're right. Very often people become famous for saying stupid shit. Look at celebrities. She is indeed not taken seriously everywhere in the world except Alaska, the midwest and possibly Africa takes her seriously.

Yeah, you're right. Very often people become famous for saying stupid shit. Look at celebrities. She is indeed not taken seriously everywhere in the world except Alaska, the midwest and possibly Africa takes her seriously.
She's widely known to leftists by the parodies, smears and distortions directed to destroy her. That fits YOUR mantra, you do not speak for everyone.

2) Men (usually family members) taking sexual advantage of girls when they're children or unwilling teens.
4) Public school system, television, and other poor teaching aids that improperly teach that the gay lifestyle is okay and acceptable.
7) Mental or emotional instability caused by chemical imbalance or some other hidden cause.

none of which have a single thing to do with anyone being gay. :cuckoo:

She's widely known to leftists by the parodies, smears and distortions directed to destroy her. That fits YOUR mantra, you do not speak for everyone.

you mean she got skewered for being the moron she is....

like any other idiot in the public eye would be.

rightwing whining at it's best....

Did you look at the title of the article? And you're going to tell us what the author REALLY meant? Really? The fact of the matter is that the article comes directly from a gay site and reveals the intentions and goals of many men in the gay community. Sorry ... but your excuses don't fly. We've been told for decades that gays are "born that way."

I've had folks tell me that one must "develop a taste" for liver but it still hasn't happened and it never will.

But using your logic you would have no problem with gay who turns straight. They were always straight but just hid the fact until they got older and wiser. Could you possibly accept that argument? If so, then perhaps you won't have a problem with straight folks trying to help gays "find their true selves." Right?

I'm not telling you what the author -really- meant, I'm simply saying that, regardless of the article, most of what he was describing was closet cases. I also said, "To the degree that it (the article) -is- referring to straight men. . .", which agrees with the title. Don't let that get in the way of calling me stupid, though. Pretend it isn't there and proceed.

Also, I get that this is the goal of many men in the gay community. That has absolutely -ZERO- to do with the argument you and I are having. We're not discussing whether or not gays are evil, or whether or not they're trying to convert the masses. I was ONLY touching on whether or not someone could "turn" gay. The desires of a community don't dictate human psychology.

I also don't care what "the gays" told you about being born that way, I'm not making excuses for anyone. I don't have to agree with them just because I disagree with you. I don't believe anybody's born with much in the way of preferences. Don't put someone else's argument on me, asshole, I didn't tell them what to think.

You admit yourself that you'll -NEVER- develop a taste for liver. Do you believe that you could develop a taste for dick under the right circumstances? I'm asking this seriously, because if you don't believe YOU could develop a taste for dick, but you do believe that others could be forced or coerced into it by popular culture, then you must be under the impression that your psyche is super-human?

Or maybe you -do- believe that, under the proper circumstances, you could be forced or coerced into homosexuality? If so, you might wanna do some serious soul searching. You've probably got tendencies now, if that's the case.

As for the gay-turned-straight, I've got my doubts, but I'll concede that some people might be able to adjust their psychology to the extreme levels that would be required to rewire their sexual preferences. Personally, I've brainwashed myself out of some pretty hard-to-break behaviors, and I don't even have much formal training or education in psychology, so I'm sure there's a lot of people out there with methods superior to mine.

And no, to answer your question, I have -no- problem with anybody helping anybody with any psychological issue, so long as the process is voluntary.

you mean she got skewered for being the moron she is....

like any other idiot in the public eye would be.

rightwing whining at it's best....

I don't see eye-to-eye with Sarah Palin, and I'm not trying to say she's a genius, but let's at least be honest.

She got skewered over a couple stupid ass statements. Skewered -heavily-. She's not the only prominent politician to have said a few -really- ignorant things on the record, she just got hammered harder on it than most.

The fact that you think she's particularly stupid among politicians says that you're either blinded by your partisan lenses or simply not paying attention.

Fortunately, I and others here haven't cast any stones else there would be a lot of gays with migraine headaches.

Secondly, I fully agree that EVERYONE is a sinner. Nevertheless, I'm pleased that you see homosexuality as a sin -- as do I. We're all born to sin but we're all called to repentance. Murderers shouldn't murder; thieves shouldn't steal; liars shouldn't lie; and homosexuals shouldn't fish in the wrong hole.

Not sure if you were being funny, but I'll clarify. In order to believe that homosexuality is a sin, I would have to believe that there is a God. I do not.

I do believe that the bible identifies homosexuality as a sin, though, for whatever that's worth :)

Without the dogmatic view, though, your ending comparison is silly as shit. Murderers victimize someone. Nobody wants to be murdered.

Thieves victimize someone. Nobody wants to have their possessions stolen.

Liars victimize someone. Nobody wants to be misinformed.

Homosexuals? If consenting adults are fucking, who's the victim? Even for a Christian, trying to make these all equal concepts is ignorant at best.

none of which have a single thing to do with anyone being gay. :cuckoo:

How do you know? Do you know the lives and circumstances of every gay person on earth? You don't think any boy was coerced into practicing homosexual acts by someone with influence? That's simply not possible?

Forum List

Back