10 things the christian right thinks causes kids to be gay

Somehow I don't think the biblical idea of hypocrisy in this case is limited to the particular act you're judging.

Of course, this is only if you take into account Jesus's words, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Kinda implies that sin is sin is sin, so if you're judging other sinners, you're automatically a hypocrite.

Of course, you said judge for yourself that the lifestyle is wrong. Judging a concept or a lifestyle are, I believe, not what the bible was referring to, only being judgemental with people.

Fortunately, I and others here haven't cast any stones else there would be a lot of gays with migraine headaches.

Secondly, I fully agree that EVERYONE is a sinner. Nevertheless, I'm pleased that you see homosexuality as a sin -- as do I. We're all born to sin but we're all called to repentance. Murderers shouldn't murder; thieves shouldn't steal; liars shouldn't lie; and homosexuals shouldn't fish in the wrong hole.

Not sure if you were being funny, but I'll clarify. In order to believe that homosexuality is a sin, I would have to believe that there is a God. I do not.

I do believe that the bible identifies homosexuality as a sin, though, for whatever that's worth :)

Without the dogmatic view, though, your ending comparison is silly as shit. Murderers victimize someone. Nobody wants to be murdered.

Thieves victimize someone. Nobody wants to have their possessions stolen.

Liars victimize someone. Nobody wants to be misinformed.

Homosexuals? If consenting adults are fucking, who's the victim? Even for a Christian, trying to make these all equal concepts is ignorant at best.

No boy was ever "victimized" by an older boy or man and forced to engage in homosexual activity? Really? You know that for a fact do you?

Even if we remove the Bible from the equation the animal kingdom (including humans) reveals that straight sex is VASTLY more widespread than homosexual sex is.

There's simply something wrong with a man who isn't attracted to this:

the_most_beautiful_women_according_56.jpg

Well ... I know that some of you are attracted to the "Ralph" part but I'm talking about the other part. :D

Fortunately, I and others here haven't cast any stones else there would be a lot of gays with migraine headaches.

Secondly, I fully agree that EVERYONE is a sinner. Nevertheless, I'm pleased that you see homosexuality as a sin -- as do I. We're all born to sin but we're all called to repentance. Murderers shouldn't murder; thieves shouldn't steal; liars shouldn't lie; and homosexuals shouldn't fish in the wrong hole.

Not sure if you were being funny, but I'll clarify. In order to believe that homosexuality is a sin, I would have to believe that there is a God. I do not.

I do believe that the bible identifies homosexuality as a sin, though, for whatever that's worth :)

Without the dogmatic view, though, your ending comparison is silly as shit. Murderers victimize someone. Nobody wants to be murdered.

Thieves victimize someone. Nobody wants to have their possessions stolen.

Liars victimize someone. Nobody wants to be misinformed.

Homosexuals? If consenting adults are fucking, who's the victim? Even for a Christian, trying to make these all equal concepts is ignorant at best.

No boy was ever "victimized" by an older boy or man and forced to engage in homosexual activity? Really? You know that for a fact do you?

Even if we remove the Bible from the equation the animal kingdom (including humans) reveals that straight sex is VASTLY more widespread than homosexual sex is.

There's simply something wrong with a man who isn't attracted to this:

the_most_beautiful_women_according_56.jpg

Well ... I know that some of you are attracted to the "Ralph" part but I'm talking about the other part. :D

I know for a fact that plenty of boys have been victimized by older males and forced to engage in homosexual activity. That's called rape, molestation. That some cases of rape and molestation are homosexual is incidental. The problem in these cases is that someone's being victimized, and I would never condone such victimization.

Your rape argument twists the discussion, though. I'm not saying that rape is different from theft or murder or lying, I'm saying that consensual homosexuality is different, because it is victimless. Why you would morally equate homosexual rape with consensual homosexual acts is WAY beyond me.

Yes, in the animal kingdom, heterosexual sex is way more common.

Also, the Earth's -surface- is 70% water, and that water houses life in 3 dimensions. That means that the vast majority of the animal kingdom breathes water. Are humans in general defective since, unlike -most- animals, we can't breathe underwater?

Most of the animal kingdom also lacks the ability to reason. Is man's brain an abomination to nature?

If you remove the bible (as well as all dogmatic values), homosexuality is neither good nor evil. Simply less popular than the alternative.

Edit: Whoops!

Also, on this last point, we agree. I would totally Wreck It, Ralph!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back