12 steps to destroying the Alt-right

ThunderKiss1965

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2015
GNO
I know that some of my Christian Conservative brethren have an issue with Milo Yiannopoulos lifestyle choice but just give him a chance. He maybe what he calls a "dangerous faggot" but what he has to say is absolutely fucking true and he drives liberals batshit fucking crazy.

Language can create worlds that don't exist, argue against worlds that do exist, but it cannot be a substitute for serious thought and consideration of that real world. Milo argues against identity politics and then through the magic wand of language reintroduces it as patriotism. He even identifies an entire religious group as trouble ignoring all others. Language games can impress when they coincide with existing sentiment - note how certain ideas he expresses get less confirmation - but there is a real place, and in that place words only have meaning when they are understood accepted and enforced. For me this is typical apologetic nonsense in place of genuine and sincere thought.

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anaïs Nin

'How the Right Hijacked the Magic Words.' How the Right Hijacked the Magic Words

"It is of no help to us that there is an absolute truth of the matter of things because unfortunately, none of us are in a position to say definitively what that is - although we all think that we are." Stanley Fish

Forum List

Back