"12 Years a Slave" wins Oscar

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
Haven't seen it yet, but I understand there is a sequel in the works chronicling the time since Obama arrived on the world stage at the 2004 DNC convention. It will be called "12 Years a Schmuck".

slaves, butlers...they are pumping out the on the edge of your seat, thrillers aren't they?

man oh man

It was foregone that it would win. Remember "It's time". Well, either give 12 years the Oscar or have unrest by the youth.

We need to have this bunch of rich limousine liberals cramming politics down our throats with their movies...AND who watches the Oscars anymore...a bunch of wealthy people showing of their expensive clothes and jewels and slobbering all over each other as how, WONDERFUL they are

Neither of you have seen it, but you're convinced that it didn't win on its merits, but because of racial sensitivity.

What was Lumpy saying the other day about race-baiting threads only coming from liberals?

Fucking scumbags.

the liberals can take this oscar bullshit and shove it so far up each others ass so far it will gag them, i despise todays movies, they are so fucking hypocritical it makes me sick, read below, i couldn't do better.

Thank you Guns & Ammo magazine.

Hollywood’s hypocrisy knows no bounds. While its multi-million dollar movie stars cash in on shoot ‘em up thrillers and cop dramas, they openly move to restrict gun ownership in this country. When the lights turn off and the cameras stop running, these stars put down their prop house guns and pick the Brady Campaign banner. When a fortune is made on the portrayal of guns on the silver and small screen and that cash turns into donations to the anti-gun lobby, it should make every Second Amendment supporter think: Where is my money really going?Fame is a powerful weapon, and it’s hard to believe that these celebs have anti-gun leanings. But they do.

Read more: 8 Surprising Anti-Gun Celebrities - Guns & Ammo

i will add..., any conservative who wastes their $$$$$$ going to see one of those movies is a TRAITOR to the second amendment. :up:

We need to have this bunch of rich limousine liberals cramming politics down our throats with their movies...AND who watches the Oscars anymore...a bunch of wealthy people showing of their expensive clothes and jewels and slobbering all over each other as how, WONDERFUL they are

Yes, Staph, only liberals make movies. You people need therapy, or a lifetime supply of tissues. You'll cry at the drop of a hat.

Neither of you have seen it, but you're convinced that it didn't win on its merits, but because of racial sensitivity.

What was Lumpy saying the other day about race-baiting threads only coming from liberals?

Fucking scumbags.

Yo Jed...if you read carefully the OP is not a critique of the movie....duh.

Watched the Oscars last night--pretty much the entire show. It was good to see how apolitical it was. I don't like it when the winners make political speeches from the podium after they win. Ellen killed it. Her selfie sank Twitter last night which stopped our blogging.... Cate Blanchett was remarkable, Jared Leto made me cry with his speech. MM and the girl from 12YAS had great speeches. Steve McQueen was looking good for his age :lol:.

As for the criticism....ya know, whatever. Some people prefer NASCAR and the mind boggling skill it takes to turn left for 3+ hours. Hard to believe that the South is the center of the NASCAR kingdom. I do appreciate the road races and actually went to one in Sanoma a while back. Noisy!!! I guess the point is that there are different strokes for different folks.

To equate something to be automatically political because it's about slavery (apparently--didn't see the movie) or a black butler in the White House (apparently again--didn't see the movie) is conjecture if you're not going to look at the other side of the entertainment culture; and that never gets equated to politics.

Oh, because whites are the only people that deserve the criticism for having slaves. Learn some history and understand that wants done away with the practice.

Can the same be said about parts of Africa? All this does is direct anger against innocent people that don't deserve it.

Why anyone would want to sit through two hours of cruelty and depression is beyond me, unless they enjoyed seeing it. Sounds like a movie for bigots. Not my thing.

lol, the little hangover is hung up on the word, bigot

see what happens you teach a child a new word

pathetic

Last edited:

Forum List

Back