12th cop shot and killed in past 6 weeks; Hussein Obozo must be waiting for speech....

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010

In Texas today another cop was shot ambush style and killed. That's the 12th cop shot dead in the last 6 weeks.

Surely our great leader is just waiting to do one big speech on behalf of all of them combined.

Thank God for vests and better tactics....many more cops have been shot but survived, like the black female officer in Charleston last week shot 8 times in the stomach and chest...but vest saved her. 15-20 years ago her agency wouldn't have been able to afford one.

And the reprehensible right continues to exploit these deaths for some perceived partisan gain.

The only reason there is partisan gain...is because there is a point.

You Democrats are campaigning on anti cop emotions and stoking hatred. You support #BlackLivesMatter who calls for violence on cops.

Your president...who gives speeches when local shootings of black folks happen like Trayvon or Mike Brown....is completely silent when cops are being gunned down several times a week.

Silent.

Euliss, Texas Officer Killed in Shootout

Texas Officer, Suspect Killed in Shootout
March 1, 2016 - An Euless officer died after a gunfight Tuesday with a suspect who was fatally shot by police.
A police officer died in surgery after a gunfight Tuesday afternoon at J.A. Carr Park in Euless, officials said. A suspect was shot multiple time by police and was pronounced dead at a Fort Worth hospital, according to Euless Police Chief Michael Brown. Brown said officers responded to the park, which is south of Airport Freeway, after reports of gunfire and encountered the armed suspect, who opened fire on police, striking one officer. Police returned fire, striking the suspect.

The officer was transported to Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Grapevine, where died in surgery. Neither the officer nor suspect were identified. The officer is the second to die in the line of duty in Euless, a city of about 53,000 in Northeast Tarrant County. The other officer who died was Michael Williamson, who was killed by a drunk driver in 1982, city officials said.

A spokeswoman with the Hurst-Euless-Bedford school district said they were notified that gun shots had been heard near Oakwood Terrace Elementary School at about 3 p.m. The school was placed on lockdown and police were contacted. The park, at Simmons Drive and Texas 10, is in a residential area, north of Oakwood Terrace.

The lockdown was lifted about 3:20 p.m. after the school district was notified that the suspect was in custody, according to the statement from Deanne Hullender, public relations and marketing director for the H-E-B district. Another school, the Harmony Science Academy at Texas 10 and Industrial Boulevard, was also on lockdown.

Texas Officer, Suspect Dead in Shootout | Officer.com

See also:

Former NYPD officer working as Texas cop killed in shootout at Dallas-area park; suspect also dead
Tuesday, March 1, 2016 - A former NYPD officer working as a cop in Texas was killed in a shootout that also left the armed suspect dead Tuesday afternoon, police sources said.
Officer David Hofer, 29, who joined New York’s police force in 2009 and was assigned to the 9th Precinct in the East Village, left the NYPD in 2014. The suspect opened fire on Hofer and a second Euless, Tex., officer when they arrived at J.A. Carr Park at 2:47 p.m. on reports of “suspicious circumstances” and possible gunfire, said Euless Police Chief Mike Brown.

The officers returned fire, fatally striking the suspect, Brown said at a news conference. Witnesses told KXAS-TV a group of men were arguing at the Simmons Dr. park before it escalated into shooting. Someone could be seen running with around a dozen shots ringing out in the background in an apparent bystander cell phone video published by The Dallas Morning News. A police officer later pointed his gun at someone off screen and yelled, "Raise your hands!"

article-texas2-0301.jpg

David Hofer, a former NYPD officer now with the Euless, Tex. police, was killed in a shootout on Tuesday afternoon.​

Doctors performing emergency surgery at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Grapevine pronounced Hofer dead Tuesday afternoon. Medical staff at another nearby hospital pronounced the suspected shooter dead upon arrival. There were no other reported injuries. Brown didn’t immediately release the names of the officer killed or the suspect, pending family notifications. He said the shooting is under investigation and no more information was available Tuesday night.

Police placed Oakwood Terrace Elementary and Harmony Science Academy Euless under temporary lockdowns, the Morning News reported. The officer who died Tuesday marks the first cop killed on duty in the suburb between Forth Worth and Dallas since 1982.

Former NYPD officer working as Texas cop killed in shootout

And the reprehensible right continues to exploit these deaths for some perceived partisan gain.

You Democrats are campaigning on anti cop emotions and stoking hatred. You support #BlackLivesMatter who calls for violence on cops.

Your president...who gives speeches when local shootings of black folks happen like Trayvon or Mike Brown....is completely silent when cops are being gunned down several times a week.

Silent.

Officers go into the field knowing the risk. I've been working at a steel mill for years knowing the risk. I work with people who have been there for decades, and have watched friends and family members die. You pussied out after seven years on the force. Continue your hard work at Burger King. Worse thing that can happen is you burn your hand on the grill.

Silent.

Officers go into the field knowing the risk. I've been working at a steel mill for years knowing the risk. I work with people who have been there for decades, and have watched friends and family members die. You pussied out after seven years on the force. Continue your hard work at Burger King. Worse thing that can happen is you burn your hand on the grill.

You know, if you serve in the military, the chances of seeing a friend die is pretty high as well.

I've seen one man get slammed into the side of a ship because he wanted to see the waves and was killed because his ribcage was crushed.

I saw one of my friends of mine sucked under the ship while painting the side of the boat because a tugboat miscalculated their distance. We found him 2 days later and 4 docks over from where we were.

I also remember that a friend of mine named Eric D. when he dropped dead playing basketball up in Newport RI.

Yeah.................shit happens.

And..................I joined the military knowing the risks, same as what the police should have known.

I also served in 4 war zones, all the way from Beruit (where we were fired at by artillery from the shore) to Desert Storm (Pts. 1 and 2) and Kosovo.

Nope, not scared to serve, nor am I scared of losing my life for my country.

Silent.

You aren't gonna get murdered at work. Big difference.

"Pussies out"? You have no clue what ended my time as a cop. Hint- bullets fucking hurt.

Silent.

You know, if you serve in the military, the chances of seeing a friend die is pretty high as well.

I've seen one man get slammed into the side of a ship because he wanted to see the waves and was killed because his ribcage was crushed.

I saw one of my friends of mine sucked under the ship while painting the side of the boat because a tugboat miscalculated their distance. We found him 2 days later and 4 docks over from where we were.

I also remember that a friend of mine named Eric D. when he dropped dead playing basketball up in Newport RI.

And..................I joined the military knowing the risks, same as what the police should have known.

I also served in 4 war zones, all the way from Beruit (where we were fired at by artillery from the shore) to Desert Storm (Pts. 1 and 2) and Kosovo.

Thank you for the service you gave.

Guys like aaronleland would say being a logger or fisherman is more dangerous than being in the military since they die at a higher rate at work

Silent.

Guys like aaronleland would say being a logger or fisherman is more dangerous than being in the military since they die at a higher rate at work

Actually, considering what I've see on the Discovery Channel, I'd be willing to say that being a logger or a fisherman is much more dangerous than serving in the military.

At least, when I was serving, we had things like CIWIS and other systems that tried to keep us safe.

Loggers and commercial fishermen don't have those safeguards. The military does.

Silent.

Actually, considering what I've see on the Discovery Channel, I'd be willing to say that being a logger or a fisherman is much more dangerous than serving in the military.

At least, when I was serving, we had things like CIWIS and other systems that tried to keep us safe.

Loggers and commercial fishermen don't have those safeguards. The military does.

Yeah sorta apples and oranges. Military and police go to extensive measures to protect themselves and win those conflicts.

Job hazards vs being killed by another human....just apples and oranges really.

Silent.

Yeah sorta apples and oranges. Military and police go to extensive measures to protect themselves and win those conflicts.

Not really..............ever served in a war zone? I have.

And yeah....................the job hazards are just as real as being killed by another person.

Dead is dead.

I don't remember exactly when or exactly where, but I was driving on a Navy base, the vehicle in front of me was a tow truck. The chain, with a giant metal ball and hook, was not secured and so the ball and hook and chain were swinging back and forth.

This was before I was a lawyer, but I remembered thinking that the military must not be bound by the safety regulations that the private sector must follow.

This was while I was in college during the 1980's, so I hope things have changed.

But it seems like unnecessarily dangerous to have a man painting the side of a ship while it is being towed.

I don't remember exactly when or exactly where, but I was driving on a Navy base, the vehicle in front of me was a tow truck. The chain, with a giant metal ball and hook, was not secured and so the ball and hook and chain were swinging back and forth.

This was before I was a lawyer, but I remembered thinking that the military must not be bound by the safety regulations that the private sector must follow.

This was while I was in college during the 1980's, so I hope things have changed.

But it seems like unnecessarily dangerous to have a man painting the side of a ship while it is being towed.

Actually, the ship was tied to the dock, it was the fault of the SM (Signalman) who didn't fly the right flags for men working over the side, which is why the tugboat thought it was okay for them to do their thing.

And.............hate to tell you, but the military has much more stringent regulations for safety than what the civilian community would ever follow.

Not really..............ever served in a war zone? I have.

And yeah....................the job hazards are just as real as being killed by another person.

Dead is dead.

Nah unless you count policing South Atlanta as a war zone haha

The officer was part of one of NYPDs most violent precincts and he left the spiking violence there for a safer job in a suburb. He is the son of European immigrants and was engaged to be married.

nypdcop.jpg

You realize we're *below* the pace of last year in police deaths, right?

Forum List

Back