🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

$15.00 an hour? For WHAT????!!!

These people need to be forced to write an essay on what it is they do that requires such a HIGH rate of wage/pay!!! All they do is STAND THERE and watch a burger machine do all their work for them! All THEY DO is wrap the burger and shove it in a bag! Other fast food just has people STANDING there, watching food cook. And even others just stand there in front of a prep table putting a hamburger patty on a bun and sticking fries in a baggie. EXACTLY WHAT about this requires $15.00 an hour??

They want to go union? LET THEM GO UNION!!! Boy, they will find out REEEAAAALLLL FAST how corrupt and useless Unions are!!! And just like all criminal organizations.......ONCE YOU ARE IN, THERE IS NO GETTING OUT!!! They have access to your paycheck, they don't give a shit about anything else.

Most of these people aren't even LEGAL in the first place!

I started at minimum wage, worked my ass off for DECADES to get to $15.00 an hour, until Obozo stagnated wages all across the country!!! Am **I** going to get a wage adjustment if federal minimum wage goes up to $15.00 an hour? HELL FUCKING NO!!! Which means, I'm STUCK at MINIMUM WAGE AGAIN.......and fucked over, once again, by the government!!!!
You're mad because you can't get a job that pays more than minimum wage. Go back to school.

On 9/29/24, I'll be disbanding my custodial department. That's when Florida's minimum wage goes to $13 an hour. It's cheaper for me to contract that work out to an outside company. Those who will be impacted know this change is coming. Some are training in other departments to remain with my company, some are moving to other geographic locales (military spouses, primarily) and at least one is apparently going to just ride it out until he no longer has a job.

Generally speaking, I pay my employees well. But when the government comes in and starts to dictate that a person be paid more than that labor is worth to me, changes will come...
Thing is once it's mandated it won't matter if you contract it out or not, the cost will still be passed on to you. I guess you would save on the ancillary costs of having your own employees short term but the contractor will hit you with those by and by.

The bottom line is that a mandated minimum wage is not good for anyone.

Has the average age risen in these jobs over the years? The product you see in commercials does not look what we get and the prices are going up.

A local restaurant where I sometimes get takeout has a sign $15/hour for kitchen help. This is way above the min wage in my area. The restaurant is a fish camp, not a high end joint.

All they do is STAND THERE and watch a burger machine do all their work for them! All THEY DO is wrap the burger and shove it in a bag! Other fast food just has people STANDING there, watching food cook.

They keep a major billion dollar corporation in business
A billion dollar corporation that has profited off of a frozen minimum wage for 12 years

These people need to be forced to write an essay on what it is they do that requires such a HIGH rate of wage/pay!!! All they do is STAND THERE and watch a burger machine do all their work for them! All THEY DO is wrap the burger and shove it in a bag! Other fast food just has people STANDING there, watching food cook. And even others just stand there in front of a prep table putting a hamburger patty on a bun and sticking fries in a baggie. EXACTLY WHAT about this requires $15.00 an hour??

They want to go union? LET THEM GO UNION!!! Boy, they will find out REEEAAAALLLL FAST how corrupt and useless Unions are!!! And just like all criminal organizations.......ONCE YOU ARE IN, THERE IS NO GETTING OUT!!! They have access to your paycheck, they don't give a shit about anything else.

I started at minimum wage, worked my ass off for DECADES to get to $15.00 an hour, until Obozo stagnated wages all across the country!!! Am **I** going to get a wage adjustment if federal minimum wage goes up to $15.00 an hour? HELL FUCKING NO!!! Which means, I'm STUCK at MINIMUM WAGE AGAIN.......and fucked over, once again, by the government!!!!
It’s not a high rate.

Remember back in the day when America was great and we didn't have to pay the help at all?
There were "up-front/maintenance costs".....The cost of a prime field hand (18-30 year-old man) in 1850 was $1,200 which amounts to almost 43K in today's money then there was the costs of sustaining the slave which amounted to around $25 a month.

Bear in mind that the average weekly wage for a white worker in 1850 was between $3-$5 a week.

In 1850 a white farm hand earned around $10.00 a month in LA if board was provided.

Some people are just never satisfied with whatever it is that they have no matter what it is that they have. I've learned this just by watching my mother be the way that she is. I love her, but other than our feet and our faces, she and I are NOTHING alike.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

Actually your wages will go up. You tell your employer you're back at minimum and the job just isn't worth doing for minimum wage. Your employer will have no choice. Either pay you more money, or lose your services and they will have to pay $15.00 to somebody that doesn't know a thing about the job, nor if he or she will work out for them. You have your employer over the barrel.

That's the problem with huge minimum wage increases. It creates the domino effect I just described. Every worker will demand more money and of course, increase inflation.

As long as it's not on a federal level where they chase jobs out of the country, state controlling their own minimum wage is the way it needs to be done. If a company is looking to expand operations, or open up a new one, states like mine will be at the top of the list because labor will be so much less than states with a $15.00 minimum wage. More companies opening up is good for our state.

Conservative, paying someone an unlivable wage is slavery. They have no choice but to accept.

What country are you from? It's always been that way here. I'm 61 years old, and there has never been such a thing as a living wage, and minimum wage was never a living wage as long as I've been alive.

A living wage is a new commie concept. It never existed before.

Forum List

Back