🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

$15.00 an hour? For WHAT????!!!

I don't know about everyone else, but all that I need is enough and so I don't know how conservative or liberal that makes me in the grand scheme of things. Me and the phrase "high maintenance" don't belong in the same universe.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Me neither...
I ran a 3 location printing company for 8 years before the corporation who owned it sold it.
I was making very good money. This was 2006 - 2014. During that time I drove a 1996 F150.. people couldn't believe I wasn't driving some great car.
Me - why would I?

What country are you from? It's always been that way here. I'm 61 years old, and there has never been such a thing as a living wage, and minimum wage was never a living wage as long as I've been alive.

A living wage is a new commie concept. It never existed before.
How would one define a living wage? Well, if the person working for that wage isn't soon dead, it must be a living wage.

Me neither...
I ran a 3 location printing company for 8 years before the corporation who owned it sold it.
I was making very good money. This was 2006 - 2014. During that time I drove a 1996 F150.. people couldn't believe I wasn't driving some great car.
Me - why would I?
Amen. I used to work with a woman who had a truck that was brand new when it was bought. She kept that vehicle going forever. A 1991 truck I believe is what it was. I don't know how long it ended up going for her, but I would say at least 20 years if not longer. Sadly, she is not here anymore.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I have a 13 inch Sharp TV in my bedroom that still works even though the VCR underneath the screen doesn't work anymore. The unit was bought in 1997.

So what is this supposed to prove, that those who take the time to better themselves make more money? It's always been that way.
Exactly the opposite. It proves the 1% are nothing but money collectors from the 99%. They aren't bettering themselves. They use a system that has no relationship with Capitalism. The system they use is Corporatism. Tax cuts that go to the wealthy that creates an enormous wealth gap. Their tax cut gift has nothing to do with them bettering themselves. It's legal theft.

And one other thing, the last time it was that way, was when we fell into the great depression. And guess who got us out?

It's an "insurance policy." If you don't pay them, they'd be out stealing your bicycles, selling drugs on the street corner, and breaking your stuff.

Kind of like what the mafia does, except less organized.
Yep, white nationalists just doing what they do! Bigly!!!

Yep, white nationalists just doing what they do! Bigly!!!

That made as little sense as anything else you've posted.

wtf glasses.gif

Yeah... and raising wages that will raise prices more is a great answer!!
:rolleyes:
Also - as we can see happening all over the nation, companies are now replacing these expensive employees with automation.
So in the end - prices go up and low incomers lose more jobs.
That is how dumb you guys are when it comes to economics.
Yes it is. And corporations need to make less.

Amen. I used to work with a woman who had a truck that was brand new when it was bought. She kept that vehicle going forever. A 1991 truck I believe is what it was. I don't know how long it ended up going for her, but I would say at least 20 years if not longer. Sadly, she is not here anymore.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I have a 13 inch Sharp TV in my bedroom that still works even though the VCR underneath the screen doesn't work anymore. The unit was bought in 1997.
Bonzi and I are movie buffs, so I do have pretty nice TVs.
But today I drive a 2006 Explorer. It is what I traded the old Ford F150 for... maybe around 2016 I think.
Then I bought Bonzi a 2012 Fusion when she moved here.
We like them... both in good shape. Both paid for.
I find it insane to trade cars in to get brand new ones that loses 20% of their value the minute you drive off the lot.
Not for me

For those who live where the cost of living is high such as new York or Seattle or California I understand raising minimum wage to that level. But for people who live in less expensive areas? I think pay should be based on cost of living.

It’s a slap in the face to the CNAs I work with, who help nursing home residents stay alive, that burger flippers can start out at McDonalds making as much as they do.

if minimum raise is raised that much, they should be raised accordingly so that their wages are substantially higher than fast food workers.
Either fix the tax code or raise their wage. Capitalism is not Corporatism. I don't think people quite get that. After the depression, corporations were taxed 70,80,and 90%. That's when the country had a thriving middle class. When Reagan took office, he destroyed all that. It's the reason folks at Mcdonalds and Walmart get food stamps.

Fix their wages by raising taxes on the wealthy, and lower taxes on the working poor. That's Capitalism. Where everyone gets a fair shake.

Corporations must pay a high rate of tax, for there to be a thriving middle class again. That's how our system was set up, until Reagan changed it. It's simple Arithmetic.

These people need to be forced to write an essay on what it is they do that requires such a HIGH rate of wage/pay!!! All they do is STAND THERE and watch a burger machine do all their work for them! All THEY DO is wrap the burger and shove it in a bag! Other fast food just has people STANDING there, watching food cook. And even others just stand there in front of a prep table putting a hamburger patty on a bun and sticking fries in a baggie. EXACTLY WHAT about this requires $15.00 an hour??

They want to go union? LET THEM GO UNION!!! Boy, they will find out REEEAAAALLLL FAST how corrupt and useless Unions are!!! And just like all criminal organizations.......ONCE YOU ARE IN, THERE IS NO GETTING OUT!!! They have access to your paycheck, they don't give a shit about anything else.

Most of these people aren't even LEGAL in the first place!

I started at minimum wage, worked my ass off for DECADES to get to $15.00 an hour, until Obozo stagnated wages all across the country!!! Am **I** going to get a wage adjustment if federal minimum wage goes up to $15.00 an hour? HELL FUCKING NO!!! Which means, I'm STUCK at MINIMUM WAGE AGAIN.......and fucked over, once again, by the government!!!!
Most of these people aren't even LEGAL in the first place!

You want US citizens?
That will be $50.00/hour!
I know office workers with a Liberal Arts degree making $15.00/hour.

Automation will replace them but we will have to pay for their social welfare benefits.

And why is that? Is a loaf of bread worth inherently more now than in the past? Is an hour a labor worth more? Or is the value of the money we use to represent our labor just worth less? And if it's worth less why is that?
What is it about economics and the history of our economics, so hard for people to get? I just posted this, and, I've been posting the same thing for years. And to this day, no one has ever refuted the argument. So, pay attention. This is how things should work;
Either fix the tax code or raise their wage. Capitalism is not Corporatism. I don't think people quite get that. After the depression, corporations were taxed 70,80,and 90%. That's when the country had a thriving middle class. When Reagan took office, he destroyed all that. It's the reason folks at Mcdonalds and Walmart get food stamps.

Fix their wages by raising taxes on the wealthy, and lower taxes on the working poor. That's Capitalism. Where everyone gets a fair shake.

Corporations must pay a high rate of tax, for there to be a thriving middle class again. That's how our system was set up, until Reagan changed it. It's simple Arithmetic. The result of Reagans tax cuts in 1980, destroyed our middle class for over forty years;
Introducing Ed's 'vulture chart' This is so easy to understand, even a caveman should get it.

What?? Where the hell did you get that?
Hahahaha
So, you laugh, and you're too lazy to learn about your own history. Fine! Stay ignorant. In the meantime, the slave class in this country will keep the 1% rich, because people like you are fine getting fucked.

What is it about economics and the history of our economics, so hard for people to get? I just posted this, and, I've been posting the same thing for years. And to this day, no one has ever refuted the argument. So, pay attention. This is how things should work;

Corporations must pay a high rate of tax, for there to be a thriving middle class again. That's how our system was set up, until Reagan changed it. It's simple Arithmetic. The result of Reagans tax cuts in 1980, destroyed our middle class for over forty years;
Introducing Ed's 'vulture chart' This is so easy to understand, even a caveman should get it.

You're not very bright, are you. Why do you think Reagan lowered their taxes? BECAUSE WE WERE LOSING JOBS OVERSEAS BY THE MILLIONS!

Furthermore how did lowering taxes on corporations destroy our middle-class? Please explain the dynamics of that.

Forum List

Back