15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

I don't know everything. Never claimed I did. I know what I know. And I know the human mind is the most complex thing in the universe that we know of. Good luck replicating the biological machinery of life.
Thank you. So far so good.

What makes you think a human can perform a floating decimal point operation in a single second? ... 1 FLOP? ...

328.67351 x 47298.25 =

The Vax Frontier installed at Oakridge runs at 2.5 ExaFLOPs ... but just one of the overhead LED light bulbs is 20 W ... God bless TVA ...

One mole of sugar produces 2.8 x 10^6 joules of energy ... about a half a cup ... guessing three hours to digest ... 260 W ... that's whole body, arguably required for brain function ... but just the brain using the ratio of mass ... ha ha ha ... vanishingly small 'round here ... but seriously, the brain's about a pound ... so one or two watts is all ...

We put a 20 watt incandescent light bulb under our rigs, in winter, in Iowa, to keep the engine warm and easier to start and repair when temperatures are -25ºF ... put that in our brain case and we'll be cookin' four shore ...
Brains don't do flops. They don't work that way. It's a ridiculous comparison.

Why do you think kids have to study multiplication tables for weeks, even months?

When a digital computer can do it in microseconds?

Brains don't do flops. They don't work that way. It's a ridiculous comparison.

Why do you think kids have to study multiplication tables for weeks, even months?

It's not a ridiculous comparison. How many exaFlops would a computer take to replace a human brain and run a human body?

What is ridiculous is that you idiots are so flippantly dismissing the most complex thing we know of in the universe. It's idiotic and you should be embarrassed for it.

Do you know how many computations a super computer would need to make just for human sight?

I recall reading that human eyesight is constantly comparing colors to filter out background light to see true color which required something like a billion calculations per second. Do you know why eyesight evolved this way? Seeing true color in different lights? Wouldn't want to eat the wrong colored berry.

Forum List

Back