15 Seconds For Life: How One California Church Stands with Israel

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I imagine there are many, many churches all over the U.S. who are championing Israel.

15 Seconds For Life: How One California Church Stands with Israel (Video)

By Raphael Poch July 16, 2014 , 9:45 am

In Stockton, California, a church by the name of “The Congregation of Zion” is showing their support for Israel in more than just their name. During a recent anniversary celebration, commemorating 10 years of leadership by their Pastors Dumisani and Valerie Washington, the church attached the “Red Alert Israel” application to loud speakers. In the event that a siren would sound during the service, the parishioners would all exit the room to “bomb shelter”’ in the lobby or recreational hall to show their solidarity with the people of Israel. In many communities located near the Gaza Strip, Israelis only have 15 seconds to make to to a bomb shelter during an incoming rocket attack.

In a one-on-one ‘Q and A’ with Breaking Israel News, Pastor Dumisani talked to us about the inspiration behind the symbolic event:

1: Who came up with the idea to exit during the color red siren in support of Israel?

It was my idea to perform a mock evacuation. My wife and I discussed it after using the ‘Red Alert: Israel’ app at home with our family. Last weekend was our 10th anniversary celebration as pastors of our congregation. Our special guest speaker was my good friend and Eastern Region Coordinator for Christians United for Israel (CUFI), Pastor Victor Styrsky. Our congregation stands with Israel and the Jewish people, and I felt it was a good way to demonstrate our support during this crisis with Hamas.

Read more at

15 Seconds For Life: How One California Church Stands with Israel (Video) | Breaking Israel News

Forum List

Back