15 Surprising Facts About Immigration

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Immigration is a hot-button issue @ 15 Surprising Facts About Immigration

Each of the pictures have links to FACTS
enhanced-buzz-30194-1367346335-2.jpg

I picked this one because, once, long ago, I lived in government housing just to the upper right. Seen this view lots of times.

I picked this one because, once, long ago, I lived in government housing just to the upper right. Seen this view lots of times.

All I saw was a slick web site. With lots of pretty graphics, with pretty pictures with percentages superimposed and politically correct blurbs underneath. Not buying this crud, kiddo. Thing is, 100% of Americans are descended from immigrants. Not 99%. Even the indigenous American peoples immigrated here. Humans are, if anything, nomads. But here in the twenty first century, if people want to wander around and pretend there aren’t any borders like this was still the dark ages, they know better and so do we. I don’t have any nice graphics or smarmy little blurbs to stick under them. It wouldn’t prove anything if I did. Most of us don’t have a problem with “immigrants”, perhaps more to the point: some of us have a problem with illegal aliens. In much the same way we have an issue with any law breaker, from embezzlers to tax cheats, murders or speeders. I can stand when people over intellectualize an issue; it seems that they are either fools or con artists.

All I saw was a slick web site. With lots of pretty graphics, with pretty pictures with percentages superimposed and politically correct blurbs underneath. Not buying this crud, kiddo. Thing is, 100% of Americans are descended from immigrants. Not 99%. Even the indigenous American peoples immigrated here. Humans are, if anything, nomads. But here in the twenty first century, if people want to wander around and pretend there aren’t any borders like this was still the dark ages, they know better and so do we. I don’t have any nice graphics or smarmy little blurbs to stick under them. It wouldn’t prove anything if I did. Most of us don’t have a problem with “immigrants”, perhaps more to the point: some of us have a problem with illegal aliens. In much the same way we have an issue with any law breaker, from embezzlers to tax cheats, murders or speeders. I can stand when people over intellectualize an issue; :confused:it seems that they are either fools or con artists.

Columbus and his gangs of criminals did not immigrate they invaded a sovereign nations already occupied. All immigrants are not the same either. Afro-Americans did not immigrate they were forced to come here against their will.
NO country has open borders. GOD instituted borders when the put the first man and women out of the Garden of Eden.

Emigrate vs Immigrate...often used synonymously but there is a subtle difference between the two.

Last edited:
Indigenous peoples are ethnic minorities who have been marginalized as their historical territories became part of a state. In international or national legislation they are generally defined as having a set of specific rights based on their historical ties to a particular territory, and to their cultural or historical distinctiveness from politically dominant populations. The concept of indigenous people may define them as particularly vulnerable to exploitation,....marginalization and oppression by nations or states that may still be in the process of colonialism, or by politically dominant ethnic groups...

Indigenous peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at what happen when America tried to immigrate to Iraq.

All I saw was a slick web site. With lots of pretty graphics, with pretty pictures with percentages superimposed and politically correct blurbs underneath. Not buying this crud, kiddo. Thing is, 100% of Americans are descended from immigrants. Not 99%. Even the indigenous American peoples immigrated here. Humans are, if anything, nomads. But here in the twenty first century, if people want to wander around and pretend there aren’t any borders like this was still the dark ages, they know better and so do we. I don’t have any nice graphics or smarmy little blurbs to stick under them. It wouldn’t prove anything if I did. Most of us don’t have a problem with “immigrants”, perhaps more to the point: some of us have a problem with illegal aliens. In much the same way we have an issue with any law breaker, from embezzlers to tax cheats, murders or speeders. I can stand when people over intellectualize an issue; :confused:it seems that they are either fools or con artists.

Columbus and his gangs of criminals did not immigrate they invaded a sovereign nations already occupied. All immigrants are not the same either. Afro-Americans did not immigrate they were forced to come here against their will.
NO country has open borders. GOD instituted borders when the put the first man and women out of the Garden of Eden.

Emigrate vs Immigrate...often used synonymously but there is a subtle difference between the two.

Personaly, I am a little confused here. You lost me. Not that it matters.

Forum List

Back