17.6 million Americans gained health insurance through law

I see you failed to quote my link proving your nonsense about the aca to be nonsense

Redundant usage is redundant.

I agree...Harding's version of the ACA really did suck.
vote_troll_by_erockertorres-d4foux7.png

you are dismissed as a troll, nothing more

U.S. says 17.6 mln Americans gained health insurance through law

The U.S. national healthcare reform law has extended health insurance coverage to 17.6 million Americans, according to a new government report on Tuesday, up from its previous estimate of 16.4 million.

The number of uninsured has decreased because of changes in the law that allowed young people to stay on their parents' health plans for longer, the expansion of Medicaid in 29 states and the District of Columbia, and the sale of subsidized health insurance to individuals, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Sylvia Burwell said in a speech.

The previous estimate, which is calculated by a division of HHS, was issued in March. (Reporting by Caroline Humer in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

And among the greedy, selfish, and ignorant, there was weeping and gnashing of teeth...

But at what cost?

It's Great !!!!

Insurance companies have more costly insurance with deductibles so high people will never use the insurance.

And.....

And...

And....

The government says you have to buy it !!!

What a dream come true (for the investors).

Hey west wall..
WHO | Universal health coverage (UHC)
Key facts
  • At least a billion people suffer each year because they cannot obtain the health services they need.
  • People-centred and integrated health services are critical for reaching universal health coverage.
  • About 150 million of the people who do use health services are subjected to financial catastrophe annually, and 100 million are pushed below the poverty line as a result of paying for the services they receive.

Hey David.....guess what. There are more people WITHOUT electricity than are without health insurance. SHOCKING I TELL YOU! The fact that there are ONLY a billion without care is fucking amazing. That tells you how much effort has gone into getting care to those who need it.

"Worldwide 1.3 billion people – a population equivalent to that of the entire OECD – continue to live without access to electricity. This is equivalent to 18% of the global population and 22% of those living in developing countries. Nearly 97% of those without access to electricity live in sub-Saharan Africa and developing Asia. The latest estimate for sub-Saharan Africa has been revised up by 22 million, illustrating how rapid population growth can continue to outpace the rate of electrification in many countries and conceal the progress that has been made. In developing Asia, the general trend shows an improving picture, but the pace varies. The largest populations without electricity are in India, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) and Indonesia."

IEA - Energy access database
nice false comparison.
Don't know what the fuck he was trying to get at. Health is more important then electricity on global priorities.

Which yet again proves how stupid you are. Care to guess at the device that has extended life longer than any other?

I'll make it simple for you....AIR CONDITIONING! Yeppers, that has allowed old people to live longer, more productive lives than any healthcare ever has.

You can thank me later.

Well, as much as A/C might help, I'm pretty sure the development of antibiotics and other medical treatments and diagnostic tools -- available to the general population through some type of health coverage, is of greater significance. Or does A/C trump penicillin?

What's interesting is that a/c was originally developed to keep *machinery* from overheating. The idea that it might offer human beings a better quality of life came later.

You're just making my point for me.

That you don't know the difference between something and nothing? Are you sure you want to brag about that?

Lol, what? Do YOU even know what you are saying?

Post 202, you said “But you DONT have the option not to get insurance.”
Post 204, I said: “Yes, you do. You can be a fool and pay the penalty and get nothing.”
Post 205, you said: “You’re just making my point for me.”

So I point out that you do have the option not to get insurance, and you seem to think that proves your point. Yes, I know what I’m saying. It’s not clear you do.

To recap: You DO have the choice to refuse to get insurance. Are you clear about that now?

The U.S. national healthcare reform law has extended health insurance coverage to 17.6 million Americans, according to a new government report on Tuesday, up from its previous estimate of 16.4 million.

The number of uninsured has decreased because of changes in the law that allowed young people to stay on their parents' health plans for longer, the expansion of Medicaid in 29 states and the District of Columbia, and the sale of subsidized health insurance to individuals, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Sylvia Burwell said in a speech.

The previous estimate, which is calculated by a division of HHS, was issued in March. (Reporting by Caroline Humer in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

And among the greedy, selfish, and ignorant, there was weeping and gnashing of teeth...

But at what cost?
Any cost is too much, right? The GOP's plan of let him die is so much more thrifty.

That you don't know the difference between something and nothing? Are you sure you want to brag about that?

Post 204, I said: “Yes, you do. You can be a fool and pay the penalty and get nothing.”

So I point out that you do have the option not to get insurance, and you seem to think that proves your point. Yes, I know what I’m saying. It’s not clear you do.

To recap: You DO have the choice to refuse to get insurance. Are you clear about that now?

Oh well, your inability to understand simple concepts isn't my fault.

Oh well, your inability to understand simple concepts isn't my fault.
Oh please, your inability to understand even the most simple of concepts is why, at a very young age, you earned the nickname "Simpleton".

But at what cost?
Any cost is too much, right? The GOP's plan of let him die is so much more thrifty.

Pay for your own damn healthcare, you are NOT my responsibility

But at what cost?

I pay for my own health insurance. Do you have proof that anyone else in the forum doesn't?

Your very use of the term "healthcare" rather than health insurance indicates you're one of those ignorami who believes that "Obamacare" is an insurance company. Can you at least inform yourself on that issue?

But at what cost?

I pay for my own health insurance. Do you have proof that anyone else in the forum doesn't?

Your very use of the term "healthcare" rather than health insurance indicates you're one of those ignorami who believes that "Obamacare" is an insurance company. Can you at least inform yourself on that issue?

Who are you and more importantly why should I care?

But at what cost?

You cared enough to ask the question.

I'm a poster who pays their own way and, in doing so, managed to burst your smug little bubble.

Again, do you have proof that anyone here does not pay for their own health insurance? If so, kindly present it. Otherwise, I'll assume you're just parroting the talking points like the rest of your fellow travelers.

But at what cost?

You cared enough to ask the question.

I'm a poster who pays their own way and, in doing so, managed to burst your smug little bubble.

Again, do you have proof that anyone here does not pay for their own health insurance? If so, kindly present it. Otherwise, I'll assume you're just parroting the talking points like the rest of your fellow travelers.

Assume away, makes no difference to me. Now run along

Forum List

Back