1922 .38 spl Colt Police Positive Special

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I came across this 4" 1922 Colt Police Positive Special (in .38 Special) today. I have a 4" round-butt example, but a square-butt always eluded me.

I always liked the sizing of the Colt Police Positive.....Not too big, not too small.

This one's OEM grips are gone but it has a decent set of old Franzite grips on it with a grip adaptor....They will serve just fine.

DSCN4937.JPG

It's in decent shape for it's age (102) and a big plus was that it came with a very hard to find Audley "safety holster"....It's about the same vintage as the revolver, maybe older.

DSCN4942.JPG

A spring-loaded brass clip snaps into the inside of the trigger guard and secures the revolver. You simply press the clip down and remove the revolver.

I came across this 4" 1922 Colt Police Positive Special (in .38 Special) today. I have a 4" round-butt example, but a square-butt always eluded me.

I always liked the sizing of the Colt Police Positive.....Not too big, not too small.

This one's OEM grips are gone but it has a decent set of old Franzite grips on it with a grip adaptor....They will serve just fine.

View attachment 1013865

It's in decent shape for it's age (102) and a big plus was that it came with a very hard to find Audley "safety holster"....It's about the same vintage as the revolver, maybe older.

View attachment 1013868

A spring-loaded brass clip snaps into the inside of the trigger guard and secures the revolver. You simply press the clip down and remove the revolver.

It's funny how many of those old holsters violate the "keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target" rule of firearms safety. I have several of them that have the same cutout where the trigger is, mostly found on law-enforcement holsters for revolvers. An interesting book to read is "No Second Place Winner" by Bill Jordan. He was a US Border Patrol Agent who at one time set the standard for combat handgunning and speed draw. I have an autographed copy of his book that I just got around to reading last month. His "shoot from the hip" technique was pretty damned amazing.

They don't make them like they used to make these old folks...

It's funny how many of those old holsters violate the "keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target" rule of firearms safety. I have several of them that have the same cutout where the trigger is, mostly found on law-enforcement holsters for revolvers. An interesting book to read is "No Second Place Winner" by Bill Jordan. He was a US Border Patrol Agent who at one time set the standard for combat handgunning and speed draw. I have an autographed copy of his book that I just got around to reading last month. His "shoot from the hip" technique was pretty damned amazing.

They don't make them like they used to make these old folks...

LOL....I must have three or four old "Jordan Holsters" in my holster footlocker.

Anyway, the Audley is safe enough to suit me....People don't often get the "Glock Leg" from a DA revolver.

Forum List

Back