2 Teens Arrested After Dog Abuse Video Is Posted To Facebook

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
Facebook user Coats Keshawn posted the video on Tuesday. His post shows a teen abusing a dog. A person can be heard behind the camera laughing as a young man body slams the pet into the front yard. He then starts punching the animal, over and over. St. Louis police are investigating the incident.

Fox 2 caught up with the mother of one of the teens who was headed to go see her son at a juvenile facility.

"Yea I'€™m shocked about what happened because you know I didn't think my son could do something like that, no way,"€ she said.

The teen seen in the video and the teen shooting it have both been charged with animal abuse. The case is now being handled by the St. Louis County Family Court.

Police say the puppy involved in this incident has been seized by animal control, and will be carefully examined and treated for any injuries. The dog, which is about 6 to 7 months old, will stay there while the case is active and then she will be put up for adoption.

The St. Louis County Police have issued to statement saying it takes this case very seriously and has a zero tolerance approach towards treatment of animals.

We spoke with a social media expert and he said this is typical for something like to this to spread.

"€œThings go viral when they play off our emotions and there is a connection because this feels real," said Professor Mark Poepsel.

He added that when the public sees something like this they feel a threat and the feeling of fear and disgust is what makes them turn over video to authorities, media, and pass along tips.

[ame=http://youtu.be/7NgpQ2VGWZk]St. Louis County Police ARREST Two Teens For BRUTAL DOG ABUSE Video That Was Posted On FACEBOOK!! - YouTube[/ame]

Petition | Maximum penalty for Missouri teenagers caught beating dog in viral video! | English

It makes me sick !:mad:

They did this to a baby. A big dog has teeth. That's what kind of cowards they are. I would love to see them just beaten to death, and then the bodies beaten into hamburger.

"The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal."

sad-kitty2.jpg

before-after.jpg

I wouldn't ask everyone to love animals... but DO ask that, at least, don't abuse them.

What is it that makes people think that action will not be taken when this type of thing is shared for the rest of the world to see?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

And at the beginning of the video, the dog looked so trusting and happy to be with the kid.

I'm sorry I watched it. Those kids are completely amoral. I think the way you treat animals says a lot about who you are as a person. And that video says a lot. For the mom to not know what kind of subhuman she raised isn't credible, I think the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Put him in a pen with a pack of hungry wolves. That'll fix him.

Facebook user Coats Keshawn posted the video on Tuesday. His post shows a teen abusing a dog. A person can be heard behind the camera laughing as a young man body slams the pet into the front yard. He then starts punching the animal, over and over. St. Louis police are investigating the incident.

Fox 2 caught up with the mother of one of the teens who was headed to go see her son at a juvenile facility.

"Yea I'€™m shocked about what happened because you know I didn't think my son could do something like that, no way,"€ she said.

The teen seen in the video and the teen shooting it have both been charged with animal abuse. The case is now being handled by the St. Louis County Family Court.

Police say the puppy involved in this incident has been seized by animal control, and will be carefully examined and treated for any injuries. The dog, which is about 6 to 7 months old, will stay there while the case is active and then she will be put up for adoption.

The St. Louis County Police have issued to statement saying it takes this case very seriously and has a zero tolerance approach towards treatment of animals.

We spoke with a social media expert and he said this is typical for something like to this to spread.

"€œThings go viral when they play off our emotions and there is a connection because this feels real," said Professor Mark Poepsel.

He added that when the public sees something like this they feel a threat and the feeling of fear and disgust is what makes them turn over video to authorities, media, and pass along tips.

[ame=http://youtu.be/7NgpQ2VGWZk]St. Louis County Police ARREST Two Teens For BRUTAL DOG ABUSE Video That Was Posted On FACEBOOK!! - YouTube[/ame]

Petition | Maximum penalty for Missouri teenagers caught beating dog in viral video! | English

It makes me sick !:mad:

Saw this video on CNN or something. Future serial murderer I bet. Serial murderers always begin on pets and small animals.

I speak out for animals because they can't speak for themselves. Well, except for parrots, obviously. And that snake in the Bible.

:D

Forum List

Back