Republicans Tell Me How Good A Pick JD Vance Was For Trump's VP

I don't think he was a great choice, necessarily. But, I rarely do think either VP choice was ideal. The VP should be an old hand, respected and able to take the helm on a temporary basis if the elected president is unable. That rarely describes any VP.

Loyd Benson is the one example I thinking of, and that was a long-ass time ago.

Vance does seem to be someone picked by the candidate, rather than the party, which is rare. Nearly every VP previously has been the Party pick of either party. Especially Pence. Especially Harris.

If I had heard of him before he was chosen, I might think more highly of him.

What is your biggest complaint about him?
He will significantly help Trump in the rust belt. Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin,

J.D. Vance looks like a good pick "on paper" as long as you don't bother to read the paper, and just look at the headline.
The more you read of his resume, the less and less qualified he looks to even have gotten his senate position.
He does? What are his qualifications?

He wrote a book and parlayed a Trump endorsement onto a Senate seat.

That’s it. And his positions are extreme.

Total abortion ban for instance.

And given Trump’s advanced age and horrible conditioning… he very likely would finish out a Trump Presidency

He will significantly help Trump in the rust belt. Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin,
Yes, that is the reason most Republican VP's are picked. Democratic VP's will be picked for race and gender for the foreseeable future.

I get the strategy. Better to pick the one most likely to help win than pick the best for the job, and end up losing by a narrow margin.

I don’t know much about Vance..but he must be a good pick if he has the left this stirred up…

😄

Yes, that is the reason most Republican VP's are picked. Democratic VP's will be picked for race and gender for the foreseeable future.

I get the strategy. Better to pick the one most likely to help win than pick the best for the job, and end up losing by a narrow margin.
Funny thing is that the most logical pick for Kamala is the PA governor. But he's a Jew and she can't pick him.

He does? What are his qualifications?

He wrote a book and parlayed a Trump endorsement onto a Senate seat.

That’s it. And his positions are extreme.

Total abortion ban for instance.

And given Trump’s advanced age and horrible conditioning… he very likely would finish out a Trump Presidency
He performed badly in the election that made his senator. Abysmal under-performance.

But the race between Vance and Ryan remained extremely competitive until the end, even as other statewide Republicans had easy victories that year...

Vance defeated Ryan by 6 points.

But Republican Gov. Mike DeWine defeated his Democratic opponent, former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, by 25 points. And both Attorney General Dave Yost and Secretary of State Frank LaRose were reelected by roughly 20 points. One might even argue that DeWine's coattails helped carry Vance over the finish line as Ryan clearly won over many voters who also backed statewide Republican officeholders..

Ryan was undoubtedly a strong candidate, but Vance's underperformance relative to other Ohio Republicans was quite stark.

He performed badly in the election that made his senator. Abysmal under-performance.

But the race between Vance and Ryan remained extremely competitive until the end, even as other statewide Republicans had easy victories that year...

Vance defeated Ryan by 6 points.

But Republican Gov. Mike DeWine defeated his Democratic opponent, former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, by 25 points. And both Attorney General Dave Yost and Secretary of State Frank LaRose were reelected by roughly 20 points. One might even argue that DeWine's coattails helped carry Vance over the finish line as Ryan clearly won over many voters who also backed statewide Republican officeholders..

Ryan was undoubtedly a strong candidate, but Vance's underperformance relative to other Ohio Republicans was quite stark.
Well because he had ZERO qualifications beyond writing a book

And why/why not?

Let's have it recorded in history.

Well, he's not a Democrat so an especially good start. Don't know much about him less I've never heard anything wrong with the guy, short your kind making up stories of what might be; it's time story-time with the Democracks, projecting their shit.

As a good judge of character, I don't see anything to be disturbed by, when he speaks. He's likely conservative, and that works well with me.

Forum List

Back