2 U.S. Supreme Court Justices Warn of Dictatorship

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
2 U.S. Supreme Court Justices ? And Numerous Other Top Government Officials ? Warn of Dictatorship | Washington's Blog

Former Supreme Court Justice David Souter told University of New Hampshire School of Law that the “pervasive civic ignorance” in the U.S. could bring dictatorship:

"I don’t worry about our losing a republican government in the United States because I’m afraid of a foreign invasion. I don’t worry about it because of a coup by the military, as has happened in some other places. What I worry about is that when problems are not addressed people will not know who is responsible, and when the problems get bad enough — as they might do for example with another serious terrorist attack, as they might do with another financial meltdown — some one person will come forward and say: ‘Give me total power and I will solve this problem.’

"That is how the Roman republic fel. Augustus became emperor not because he arrested the Roman senate. He became emperor because he promised that he would solve problems that were not being solved."

But what most people really want to know is all about the Kardashians.

2 U.S. Supreme Court Justices ? And Numerous Other Top Government Officials ? Warn of Dictatorship | Washington's Blog

Former Supreme Court Justice David Souter told University of New Hampshire School of Law that the “pervasive civic ignorance” in the U.S. could bring dictatorship:

"I don’t worry about our losing a republican government in the United States because I’m afraid of a foreign invasion. I don’t worry about it because of a coup by the military, as has happened in some other places. What I worry about is that when problems are not addressed people will not know who is responsible, and when the problems get bad enough — as they might do for example with another serious terrorist attack, as they might do with another financial meltdown — some one person will come forward and say: ‘Give me total power and I will solve this problem.’

"That is how the Roman republic fel. Augustus became emperor not because he arrested the Roman senate. He became emperor because he promised that he would solve problems that were not being solved."

I suspect he was talking about the fans of Prince Talaal.

I suspect he was talking about something that exceeds your comprehension.

I suspect he was talking about something that exceeds your comprehension.

Dean would love to see a Democratic Dictatorship.....he would even polish his "Knobelbechers" up......

I thought we already had a dictatorship and Hillary is in line to be the next one.

Forum List

Back