200 car pile-up in Michigan as morons insist on racing thru snowstorm.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
" Hey, the speed limit is 65 so i got a right to do 65 , no matter the conditions". That's how moron americans drive. All these idiots should have been going under 20.

At least 1 dead 22 injured in fiery pileup in Michigan

jan 10 2014
GALESBURG, Mich. — Interstate 94 in both directions here was closed Friday because of a fiery pileup involving nearly 200 vehicles, authorities said.

At least one person, Jean Larocque, 57, a truck driver from Saint-Chrysostome, Québec in Canada, died in the series of crashes a little after 9:30 a.m. ET, Michigan State Police said. At least 22 others were injured.

Snowfall reports in the region indicate that more than half foot of snow fell from Thursday afternoon to Friday morning, according to the National Weather Service. High winds made road conditions worse; an overnight wind gust of 33 mph was reported at Battle Creek's airport.

Authorities are blaming snow, wind and poor visibility as contributors to the crashes.

" Hey, the speed limit is 65 so i got a right to do 65 , no matter the conditions". That's how moron americans drive. All these idiots should have been going under 20.

At least 1 dead 22 injured in fiery pileup in Michigan

jan 10 2014
GALESBURG, Mich. — Interstate 94 in both directions here was closed Friday because of a fiery pileup involving nearly 200 vehicles, authorities said.

At least one person, Jean Larocque, 57, a truck driver from Saint-Chrysostome, Québec in Canada, died in the series of crashes a little after 9:30 a.m. ET, Michigan State Police said. At least 22 others were injured.

Snowfall reports in the region indicate that more than half foot of snow fell from Thursday afternoon to Friday morning, according to the National Weather Service. High winds made road conditions worse; an overnight wind gust of 33 mph was reported at Battle Creek's airport.

Authorities are blaming snow, wind and poor visibility as contributors to the crashes.

True - they had a similar happening in Georgia some time ago - last year perhaps? I cannot recall - they drive 85 mph on highways in Atlanta and refuse to factor in you don't drive fast on ice.

The lack of moral Americans standing for anything makes me wish it were 200 747's.
Here you go, Rusty. Watch this and you'll see what a lack of morality really looks like. Had it not been for the Americans you'd be getting an up close and personal experience with it. Your welcome.

I have driven I 94 many times. The stretch between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek is particularly difficult in a snow storm. Last year about this time I was creeping along at 25-35 mph. The problem here was white out conditions. You go from decent visibility to zero very quickly. Like a bad fog. Stopping is just as dangerous as moving.

this is nothing new really. It could of been caused by ice under snow and you are correct in that a lot of people just don't slow down for the conditions.

Going to fast and following to closely. Hey, under normal conditions I see people following within one car length or less going over 70 mph.

I have driven I 94 many times. The stretch between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek is particularly difficult in a snow storm. Last year about this time I was creeping along at 25-35 mph. The problem here was white out conditions. You go from decent visibility to zero very quickly. Like a bad fog. Stopping is just as dangerous as moving.

Sounds like a lake-effect squall...from a flurry to white-out in thirty seconds!

this is nothing new really. It could of been caused by ice under snow and you are correct in that a lot of people just don't slow down for the conditions.

Of course it's not new. People in MI see conditions like this all the time and know they should slow down. But the idiots don't.

Stopping would be a great idea except for the idiots who insist on doing 70 and will rear-end you. I'd slow down to 20 and put on the hazard lights.

We drove this stretch of 94 almost monthly for two years. Last winter was the absolute worst. Sometimes at night in blinding snowstorms.
We were lucky.

I'd be plodding along at 40 and the semis would scream past us. Crazy shit.

We drove this stretch of 94 almost monthly for two years. Last winter was the absolute worst. Sometimes at night in blinding snowstorms.
We were lucky.

Truckers don't care. They know that if they crash into you, THEY will not be injured. That's why penalties for DUI or speeding should be much much greater when semi drivers do it. In most states penalties are just slightly greater.

We were lucky.

Truckers don't care. They know that if they crash into you, THEY will not be injured. That's why penalties for DUI or speeding should be much much greater when semi drivers do it. In most states penalties are just slightly greater.
Well, in another thread someone pointed out that the view from their vantage point is much better than that from a passenger vehicle. Still, the should slow the fuck down.

I don't know about going under 20 but certainly not over 30 MPH.
One time up in Wis. Had to drive a bit with my foot out the door to see if I was on the road the white out was bad.

Yea I really hate that section of I94

Point being, it is more like a deer darting out and causing an accident than willful speeding. Clear skies one minute, whiteout the next.

Yet people bitch and whine when cops do traffic enforcement which creates better driving habits and a more acute awareness of traffic safety.

Oh well. We get what we brought on ourselves.

Forum List

Back